Awoo.

Disney Thread

VO.SUPER

Wow, I think I see a new Disney Princess cliche in the making! Can't wait for the Disney Princess who controls plants!

The thing about her dad made me kind of worry she'll be too Ariel-esque but it doesn't really matter because this movie could be 100% cliches and I'd probably still go see it because it sounds absolutely beautiful.

If anything, I'm expecting her to be another "kick butt" princess like Mulan or Merida since she's gonna be teaming up with a demigod.

I really like the sound of Moana. In fact I like all of Clements and Musker's Disney movies, so this one is sure not to disappoint. I'm especially interested in the music, songs and the villain (not a plot twist villain, huzzah!).

Thank goodness the villain wont be revealed through a plot twist. It was getting pretty ridiculous at this point, and I could easily predict two out of the three (Though Hans just felt very thrown in, TBH). Also, I'm really interested in seeing what the mean by the "Painterly style" They've been talking about.

Also, Is there any info on who's writing the songs for this movie? I've tried to search on Google, but I found nothing.

Thank goodness the villain wont be revealed through a plot twist. It was getting pretty ridiculous at this point, and I could easily predict two out of the three (Though Hans just felt very thrown in, TBH). Also, I'm really interested in seeing what the mean by the "Painterly style" They've been talking about.

Also, Is there any info on who's writing the songs for this movie? I've tried to search on Google, but I found nothing.

I think it's probably gonna be like the animation in the new Peanuts film, where its CG but the characters look and behave like their hand drawn.

I think it's probably gonna be like the animation in the new Peanuts film, where its CG but the characters look and behave like their hand drawn.

I wonder if it means they actually got the paperman engine working for a feature length project, I know that was what they were hoping to do when they refined it enough

The animation for The Peanuts Movie isn't so much the characters looking / behaving hand-drawn, then it is the animators striving to replicate the simple artstyle and still expressions of movement of the comic strip (and the limited animation of the television specials / traditionally-animated films, to a lesser extent).

Concerning Moana, I'm don't think it will be using the Meander engine either (which is what Paperman and Feast used). The animation for Feast, while using a variety of colors (in contrast to the mostly black-and-white Paperman), still noticeably uses solid blocks for colors. I'm willing to bet the system is still not ready to be used for feature films yet. I'm rather expecting I have a feeling its going to be the usual WDAS CG engine they've been using with the past films, retooled to have some characteristics of the Meander engine to achieve the "paint" visuals. My best guess is an artstyle that has 3D characters and environments look like they were colored with paint; rather than the entire film looking like it's an animated painting despite the visuals being entirely CG.

TRON 3 has been officially canceled by Disney. People are looking towards the recent box office underperformance of Brad Bird's Tomorrowland as a reason for why, but ech. This is a real bummer since I highly enjoyed Legacy for what it was, and I was interested to see what they'd do for a sequel, especially with Legacy's ending and all. 

NOW YOU SEE WHY YOU ALL SHOULD'VE FUCKING SEEN TOMORROWLAND EHJASBDJHNJFHJKSHFS

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are they basing this decision on Tomorrowland and not how incredibly successful and iconic the Tron franchise is... why is this happening to me I'm so upset

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are they basing this decision on Tomorrowland and not how incredibly successful and iconic the Tron franchise is... why is this happening to me I'm so upset

To be completely fair, the first Tron movie flopped at the box office upon release. It only got a cult following on throughout the two decades that followed, and Legacy despite grossing $400 million, only made barely twice its budget. Disney probably didn't want to take more financial risks, which is probably why they based their decision off Tomorrowland. That was ultimately meant to be a summer tentpole, but failed to take off for obvious reasons such as the poor marketing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I recognise that for sure. But by all accounts, Legacy was a bigger risk than any and it was profitable. And since its release Tron has seen a lot more representation from Disney in stuff like Kingdom Hearts and Disney Infinity... you'd think they'd simply learn their lesson from Tomorrowland's bad marketing campaign and get it together for a new Tron. It has such potential for them.

Why is this happening. We deserved Tron 3

Well this is a major bummer. But I don't think it's just because of tomorrowland flopping that Disney is deciding to pull the plug on Tron 3. A lot of their live action films have flopped in the past (John Carter and Lone Ranger anybody)?

Nevertheless, this is sad to hear.

Apparently the reason was because they had a crowded movie slate coming up and didn't know where to put it

“We had never greenlit the movie, but it was in development for some time,” said one Disney executive, discussing the sensitive decision to table the project. “Things in the queue got ahead of it and we have such a big slate out in front of it, we started to think, ‘Where does it go?’ And it’s a pretty big investment to make if you are not even sure when you are going to release it.”

Disney was hoping to make the third “Tron” film for about the cost of the second, which had a budget of $170 million. It was expected that “Tron: Legacy” director Joseph Kosinki would return to direct a new film, with Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund to star. Preliminary preparations had been made in anticipation of filming in Vancouver, Canada.

When Disney looked out at its release horizon, though, it did not see a likely spot for the new “Tron” film. Walt Disney Pictures already has “Jungle Book,” another “Pirates of the Caribbean” installment, “Alice in Wonderland, “Pete’s Dragon” and “Beauty and the Beast.” And that’s not to mention other highly-anticipated projects, like director Tim Burton’s “Dumbo,” and a raft of mega-pics that are on the way from Disney’s premium-label subsidiaries — Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tron-3-cancelled-disney-1201508421/

They should've just scrapped Pirates of the Caribbean then :/

• Thumbs Up 1

TRON 3 has been officially canceled by Disney. People are looking towards the recent box office underperformance of Brad Bird's Tomorrowland as a reason for why, but ech. This is a real bummer since I highly enjoyed Legacy for what it was, and I was interested to see what they'd do for a sequel, especially with Legacy's ending and all. 

Disney confirmed to hate making decisions that make some semblance of sense. The fact that Tron 3 seemed to be finally getting out of the development is just throwing salt on the wound, but that's not even the icing of this shit-stain cake.

The best part of this news is that a crowded schedule gets Tron 3 canned...and yet the live-action remakes of former Disney adaptations that nobody was asking for --Dumbo, Mulan, Winnie the Pooh and Pinocchio-all of which were announced in the past two months-- will all be spared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTCyPAEzMI

• Thumbs Up 1

If they can't find anywhere to put it in their upcoming lineup can't they just push it back a few years? Or push something else back a few years?

Disney confirmed to hate making decisions that make some semblance of sense. The fact that Tron 3 seemed to be finally getting out of the development is just throwing salt on the wound, but that's not even the icing of this shit-stain cake.

The best part of this news is that a crowded schedule gets Tron 3 canned...and yet all of the live-action remakes of former Disney adaptations that nobody was asking for --Dumbo, Mulan, Winnie the Pooh and Pinocchio-all of which were announced in the past seven months-- will all be spared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hTCyPAEzMI

I'm actually looking forward to the live action Mulan remake. But Pinniochio? Winnie the Pooh? Dumbo? Fucking Dumbo? What makes them think that'll work in live action?

Am I the only one looking forward to the live action Beauty and the Beast?

But yah, sucks that TRON 3 was cancelled. =/ I saw TRON Legacy in the cinema and thought it was pretty good (visually especially) and the ending definitely left it open for a sequel. Can't believe they cancel that but still want to release PotC 5 which I couldn't care less about.

I still cannot understand for the life of me why they decided to make a live-action remake of Dumbo of all movies, and especially handing it over to somebody like Tim Burton. The only thing I can think of is that his Alice in Wonderland film grossed over a billion dollars (despite it being an absolute piece of shit.) Only good thing that could possibly come out of this is the inevitable Pink Elephants sequence.

If the Mulan movie has any white people I will scream for the rest of my life

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait live action Mulan is happening now too? Oh God... .__. Please get Asian/Eurasian actors and not white like The Last Airbender.

And Dumbo being directed by Tim Burton doesn't make a lick of sense. It's going to suck, I know it.

It's become clear that since Alice in Wonderland made a billion at the box office, Disney thinks that live action remakes are an easy buck, hence why movies like Pinnochio and Dumbo are getting remade.

But for fucks sake, why can't they remake films that can actually work in live action? I mean Mulan can work in live action because that's a movie about war. And Atlantis, hoo boy, can you imagine if Atlantis got remade in live action?

But nope, we're instead stuck with Tim Burton directing a movie about a fucking flying baby elephant. Goddamit disney.

I honestly don't see how remaking Dumbo is a bad idea. Along With Pinocchio, it's probably going to do decent at the box office because of nostalgia alone.

I like Atlantis, but there's more chance of getting a Mickey Vs Bugs Bunny movie than an Atlantis live action remake.

First, it would need a big budget since it's a period/sci-fi film. Second, it has a small cult following and didn't really leave an impression on the public or critics. Even though it had a notable marketing push, how many people actually remember it?

Honestly everything about it screams box office flop as much as it pains me to admit it.

The Mulan movie could be good. The avalanche scene would be freaking amazing to watch if done right. The thing is that there's no scenario here where I think I'd like it anywhere near as much as the original, or at least care to watch it ever again after the first time when I can just watch the animated version

• Thumbs Up 1

Aw, come on! Now we have to wait another 20 years for a Tron sequel!

FLYNN LIVES DAMNIT!

Beauty & The Beast if I remember right is coming from the same idiots that gave us the Twlight films. If a film should have been cancelled, it should have been that shit on one of their greatest films.