Awoo.

Disney Thread

VO.SUPER

Beauty & The Beast if I remember right is coming from the same idiots that gave us the Twlight films. If a film should have been cancelled, it should have been that shit on one of their greatest films.

This. Hopefully they can get a competent director for the Mulan remake.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stop, really. Bill Condon directing both parts of Breaking Dawn isn't an indicator of the quality of this live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast. If so, I guess all his work on Gods and Monsters along with Dreamgirls and Chicago are all for naught.

• Thumbs Up 2

disney_shortfilmscollection-580x699.jpg

So a Blu Ray collection of Disney shorts is being released with the headliner being Frozen Fever (no surprises there). What is surprising however is that some of the shorts in this collection are very rare and haven't been seen for years like Lorenzo and John Henry. There are still many other shorts that are missing though like Glago's Guest and One by One, so hopefully if this sells well Disney will release another collection of shorts that are seldom seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really interested in seeing One by One and The Little Matchgirl. Both of them were shorts made for the scrapped Fantasia 2006, so it'll be nice for me to finally see the both of them once I actually get this. That also reminds me that I really want another Fantasia movie. Just imagine what they could do if they married together the best of traditional animation and CG, or even do something really elaborate with Meander (the engine used for Paperman and Feast).

disney_shortfilmscollection-580x699.jpg

So a Blu Ray collection of Disney shorts is being released with the headliner being Frozen Fever (no surprises there). What is surprising however is that some of the shorts in this collection are very rare and haven't been seen for years like Lorenzo and John Henry. There are still many other shorts that are missing though like Glago's Guest and One by One, so hopefully if this sells well Disney will release another collection of shorts that are seldom seen.

First look at Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps, the main characters from Zootopia.

635693856917540458-XXX-ZOOTOPIA-SNEAKPEE

It's refreshing to see a Disney film featuring only animals again, and it should be good since the directors from Wreck it Ralph (Rich Moore) and Tangled (Byron Howard) are directing this. Plus we won't get any more annoying Elsa/Anna lookalike complaints! =P

• Thumbs Up 9

It's refreshing to see a Disney film featuring only animals again, and it should be good since the directors from Wreck it Ralph (Rich Moore) and Tangled (Byron Howard) are directing this. Plus we won't get any more annoying Elsa/Anna lookalike complaints!=P

Don't tempt fate Gabz. The Disney fandom will find something to bitch about.

omg Nick Wilde looks too much like Robin Hood! Here, I shall put these pictures side by side to compare them and point out minute details on how similar they look and tell you how much Disney sucks because their character models are ALWAYS the same!

I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen actually. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

It's refreshing to see a Disney film featuring only animals again, and it should be good since the directors from Wreck it Ralph (Rich Moore) and Tangled (Byron Howard) are directing this. Plus we won't get any more annoying Elsa/Anna lookalike complaints! =P

Dunno if you guys have seen these, but here's the film's logo:

Zootopia_logo_disney-1024x422.jpg

And along with some concept artwork of the titular "Zootopia". Looks really, really gorgeous.

zootopia.jpg 
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just as long as the quality won't be as bad as Chicken Little (Bleh), we're good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just as long as the quality won't be as bad as Chicken Little (Bleh), we're good.

I'm...pretty sure it won't be. ^^;; Chicken Little was Disney's first CGI film and it really shows. Plus they were copying Dreamworks with the pop culture humour, it had an unlikeable cast of characters (Buck Cluck, nuff said) and the writing was horrible. Home on the Range is bad, but I think Chicken Little tops it in how terribly shite it is. 'Twas dark times for Disney back then...

But thankfully, those dark times are over and Disney has been making good films again since Bolt or even Meet the Robinsons for some. I'm sure Zootopia will be another solid entry in the Disney line up, and if it isn't great then it will at least be halfway decent!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

So there really is going to be a sequel to Wreck it Ralph? Yes yes yes YES.

This makes me so happy! Much better than a sequel to Frozen.

Wreck-It Ralph and The Lego Movie are both my favorite movies of all time. To see both of them get sequels (and in Lego's case, 2 spin-off films and a sequel to one of the spin-offs) is a great thing, but also kinda scary.

I don't want them to suck, PLEASE DON'T SUCK.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bleh. I don't see any need for a Wreck-It Ralph sequel. Or any Disney sequel for that matter. I loved the first movie but I just can't work up excitement for this, it seems so utterly pointless. 

I think there's more reason to have a sequel to Wreck it Ralph than bloody Frozen at least. A WIR sequel could be about them exploring next gen video game consoles, mobile games, microtransactions and QTE-fest. The possibilities for gaming jokes, parodies and of course more cameos are endless!

I just hope it's a Shrek or Toy Story situation where the sequel is even better than the first.

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole premise confines them to the arcade, though. Unless I massively misunderstood everything. I don't think there's really anything to do with consoles or mobile games, anyway. Sure, you can do jokes, but if Disney just wants to joke around about crud I suggest they start a web comic. 

Eh, I'd rank it a Wreck-It Ralph sequel as equally unneeded as a Frozen sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole premise confines them to the arcade, though. Unless I massively misunderstood everything. I don't think there's really anything to do with consoles or mobile games, anyway. Sure, you can do jokes, but if Disney just wants to joke around about crud I suggest they start a web comic. 

Eh, I'd rank it a Wreck-It Ralph sequel as equally unneeded as a Frozen sequel.

Well the people who worked on the first one have said that they had ideas for a sequel in which the characters go into the world's of console or online gaming.

Just heard the news about Genies. How dare they after Robin Williams died? Don't they remember the backlash from having Dan Castellaneta voice him? No one else can work as him and the mere idea of redoing it a year after his death is an insult to his memory. I will not watch ONE of these live action remakes, this whole thing has become a disgrace.

The only live action remake I'm alright with is Beauty and the Beast. Everything else sounds terrible. I mean Dumbo in live action is already ridiculous enough but then Tim Burton is directing it too and I'm like NOPE.

I've heard Cinderella is decent so I might watch that some day. Definitely not gonna watch Maleficent though cos it ruins my perspective of the Disney classic that is Sleeping Beauty.

Oh my gosh. They combined the annoyance of live action remakes with the annoyance of comic relief focused followup movies. :o