Awoo.

Yugioh: Trading Card/Anime Thread

Kuzu

I am shocked that we lack a Yugioh thread here on SSMB.

But yes, Yugioh, probably the first card game anyone here has ever played(unless you played Pokemon before it) and probably still playing right now.

So who here on the site is a player? Or at least has an account of Duelingnetwork, I know I can't be the only one here.

Yo. I used to be a player of Yugioh until I found no one else to play with. :/ I ran zombies for a while until I grabbed Dragonunity and Blackwings. Might make a great zombie deck one of these days.

Also speaking of the anime I've just started to watch 5Ds again and I forgot how slow it starts off. When its going its great though. My favorite anime series btw. :P

Edited by Crow the BOOLET
  • Thumbs Up 1

That was the main reason I dropped it for a few years after the original series, no one was playing, luckily I found a spot in my city and my friends are also avid players, plus being on Duelnetwork helps. I run Inzektors, Karakuris, and I'm planning on refining my Fairy deck.

Yeah, next to the original, 5D's is the best series particularly the first two seasons(although the finale is completely badass); It had a strong story and characters, and somehow made "CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES" somewhat serious, or at least as serious as you can take it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still play the card game. It is a phenomenal time killer and to be honest the game is actually quite the mental work out. Its a strategic game that you can really get behind, especially if you know the tendencies of your opponents.

I have a twin brother to play with, so I guess I lucked out in that department. To this day, we are both continuously tweak our decks to get the leg up on each other (gotta stay current with all the synchro's and Xys). Its alot more fun now that I have the resources to go out and buy the cards I need instead of relying on booster packs.

Hard to forget this, considering one of my most embarassing moments in my life involved this game. Oh, and my Dueling Network Account is DNEnigma.

I only really got into the Forbidden Memories game on PS1. That kinda branched me to owning some cards, but I never really played seriously. I think if I have anything fancy at all, it's a Jinzo? That's pretty lame still though, it looks like now-a-days there's some pretty bat shit crazy cards that make the original series pretty worthless.

I had an original Yugi deck back in the day, but I gave it away. Kinda kicking myself now I think about it. XP

Yu-Gi-Oh is one of those things that's completely suited to me, combining three things I love - games, Japan and Ancient Egypt. I didn't actually play the game (no one to play with =<) but I was into the anime in a big way when it was first out. They even had these metal Tazos in chip packets and I was determined to get them all, so I went around my class trading them for Chupa Chups. I might still have my box of them somewhere. Oh my misguided youth...

Nowadays, I'm having a renaissance of sorts, all thanks to the wonderfulness of YGO Abridged (seriously, if you like Yu-Gi-Oh and haven't seen it, go on YouTube and watch it NOW). But, instead of watching the show, I've been reading the original manga! There's quite a lot that 4Kids took out. For example, when Yugi duels the Player Killer of Darkness to get Mai's starchips back, he bets his life to make up for the difference and plays the entire duel with a rope around his neck. And let's not forget the first arc that Season 0 is based on. Makes that look tame in comparison... (the part about the escaped convict is particularly nuts)

I've contemplated taking up the card game, but it's changed so much now. (Synchro summons? Xyz monsters? WTF?) I don't think I'd be able to keep up. Plus I'd rather spend my money on other things. =P

I stopped caring about that game and show after I heard YuGiOh GX's 4Kids theme.

I only really got into the Forbidden Memories game on PS1. That kinda branched me to owning some cards, but I never really played seriously. I think if I have anything fancy at all, it's a Jinzo? That's pretty lame still though, it looks like now-a-days there's some pretty bat shit crazy cards that make the original series pretty worthless.

Actually Jinzo is still one of the best cards in the game considering how abundant traps are.

I stopped caring about that game and show after I heard YuGiOh GX's 4Kids theme.

What is this Yugioh GX you speak of, I thought there were only three series?

To be honest, I think there use to be a topic somewhere about YUGIOH. Then again, it could have been on the old forum before the black out.

Anyways, this was all I spent my time on during High School. Yes I was a nerd. But after getting out and back in, I ended up giving the game up forever. Some of the stuff now is just stupid. These black cards, Synchros....klaklfgaklg. Oh well. I still have my 7 favorite cards sitting in my room in hard cases. Dark Magician of Chaos for life!

hey, I actually liked GX, given the theme was kind of dumb. I love the TCG though, haven't bought any cards in a long time, but I still have my collection of 2000+ cards. Tbh, I was happy after buying 2 random packs at my local card shop and both had the classic Dark Magician Girl in them, a card I always wanted since day 1 of collecting.

I love playing by traditional rules though, not so much advanced rules.

I remember in my early middle school days how everyone was into the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG. Nobody gave a fuck about the official rules or using actual strategies, we'd just use our decks with 5 Monster Reborns and fifty buh-jillion Blue Eyes White Dragons with ignorance and bliss.

By the time I actually got serious about playing (after building what I'd say was a semi-decent dragon themed deck), everyone seemed to have quit. So, without having anybody to play with, I stopped buying cards.

Now that I'm in college, it seems like I've seen dozens of people accross campus playing the TCG. Personally, I'm not going to fall down that rabbit hole again. Thinking about how much money I spent on those cards almost depresses me lol.

(I might just buy one more pack, though... just so I can be greeted by that glorious new card smell again.)

EDIT: Also, this was probably always one of my favorite cards:

HungryBurger.jpg

Edited by gunthər

I used to play the card game back in high school a couple of years ago but I haven't played often since then. I ran a dragon deck for my first deck and utterly got my butt handed to me due to being a novice at the time. My second deck was a custom deck that used warriors and syncros with a good mix of low and mid level monsters as well as a good mix of spell and trap cards. I still have both decks to remind myself of the good times I had. Favorite combo's that I used were Stardust Dragon Assault Mode with Wicked Breaking Flameberge Baou, and Black Luster Soldier with Fighting Spirit. If I had both on the field it typically spells Game Over for my opponents most of the time. Other times it fails spectacularly

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt

Another post, but I thought you guys might like to see my manga collection!

qeqoT.jpg

I buy one volume a week from an awesome comic store in the city. I'm missing a couple of volumes, but overall it's starting to look like a decent collection!

I also have these adorable One Coin Grande figurines from the same store. As you can see, I have Seto, Mokuba, the Red Eyes Black Dragon and, of course, Yugi! I especially like my Yugi one. They're super detailed and super cute!

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember the days when rules didn't mean shit. Summon a Blue Eyes, win the game.

I started playing in high school when it first came out. I only had Yugi's starter deck though.

Then a group of friends started playing and buying again a few months ago. It pretty much got at least 5-6 or us back in. The game's not as expensive as people would think. Then again, I'm not the kind of person who spends his money on video games, so I guess the balance lies there.

Anyway, I realized that all these new rules and archetypes made this game much better; it's no longer the beatdown game it was before lol. So much stuff to remember and be wary about. The mind game's pretty high.

I started with Black Feathers. I'm currently maining Gladiator Beasts and I'm eyeing on how the Bouncers are going to be supported in the future.

Edited by FlameStream

• 1 year later...

BY THE POWERS OF EGYPTIAN GROOVINESS I HEREBY RESURRECT THIS THREAD! I haven't played the card game in awhile and only recently kind of got back into Yugioh after re-watching some Abridged series episodes. My old deck I had as a kid was unstoppable, and today would probably break every rule there is. Seriously I had like 10 Raigeki cards and a fake Exodia set to pimp slap anyone in a couple of turns.

I wish I could get back into the anime and card game, also wish I had cards.

Oh really?

That link has a downloadable game of the current set. It's pretty amazing actually. I've made like 9 decks. And out of my friends that play, I have one of the strongest decks. With that said, you can play with any card created. It be the anime version or the real life card. You can play with the current rule set or even the traditional way. I love it. And I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to jump back in the TCG/OCG without wasting money.

Topic wise, since Yugioh started to show on Nicktoons, I've jumped back in the series. I feel like a kid again. I don't even think Sonic Generations feels as nostalgic as playing one of my favorite time killers of all time. It's crazy seeing all the new cards they created since I've been in and out of the game since 2008.

It's funny I made this topic on my birthday last year

Happy birthday to you!

Anyways you guys should try out the Dueling Network where you can make decks and duel people.

I've made several. I'm working on making a better zombie deck currently. I guess I can't keep up with the times.

Happy birthday to you!

Anyways you guys should try out the Dueling Network where you can make decks and duel people.

I've made several. I'm working on making a better zombie deck currently. I guess I can't keep up with the times.

I've tried that. It's pretty good. But YGOpro is actually waaay better. 

I've tried that. It's pretty good. But YGOpro is actually waaay better. 

I must try this! I used to play a bit of Decade Duels on XBL, is this better?

Edited by Yugi Muto

I must try this! I used to play a bit of Decade Duels on XBL, is this better?

I myself have been playing Yugioh Power of Chaos Joey the Passion. Fun game

When I think back to the amount of money I put into this game, I lol. Because I still do put so much money into it.