Awoo.

Let there be an Episode 2 demo... and there was... nearly a demo... sorta --- Kenesis 3:16

Badnik Mechanic

Let there be an Episode 2 demo.

And there was 7/8 of a demo.

---Ken Balough: Genesis, 3:16 --- As you truly imagined it.

... ... .. seriously... I can't believe that... I kept saying, I know I can beat it! I just know I can beat it! And I pulled off a near flawless run and it just stopped...

I'm going to buy the game anyway, but, for someone who wasn't sure, thats really poor, yeah, keep the time limit as it's a good challenge within the demo itself and it lets the player learn the moves and the 'rules' in the game, but to end it like that, it's just such a low note you really wonder why you bothered.

And again, this was my first time every playing episode 2 (nope not had an early hands on with this one), and I didn't think it was that bad a game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow! Makes me wonder how the XBLA demo will be handled. Episode 1 went like this (funny note, the dude who recorded the demo is let down that it was only one act, imagine how he'd react to 3/4s an act? lol)

I knew that there would be difficult and taxing trials when becoming a part of this fanbase, but this is ridiculous.

get it its a pun hardy har har

For those wanting to avoid spoilers, don't go into the leaderboards, they don't just show you the White Park Act 1 scores, they show them all, so it tells you the final level, the big plot point, within the demo.

I think this is the most hilarious thing to ever come out of Sonic 4.

Great way to top episode 2 off after all the misguided hype you put into it Sega.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't understand why it wasn't the PAX East demo, which was Acts 1 of Sylvannia Castle and White Park. Anyway, already bought the game because, I liked what I saw from the actual proper demo they had at PAX.

More or less the route I took and the stuff I did, you can see the moment the level ends because he reached the cut off point.

Yeah I played the demo too, I was sort of shocked at how much I was enjoying beating the time limit myself. I was doing pretty good until BAM! The stage suddenly ends. It was a bit of a letdown.

I guess the theory is because theres only 15 levels in the game that one full level is too much to give away in the demo? I dunno. If they felt one long level was too much, they should of made a custom one for the demo instead IMO.

It does seem weird though that they picked a level from Zone 2 and not the first Zone or something. Sega you do some weird things sometimes

Sega if you wanted to hide the embarrassment of Episode 2, it would have been better not to do a demo.

Ugh, I hate timed demos. Episode I's demo actually let you play a whole level, but Episode II DOESN'T? Well why not???

Hahaha

Can't let people play the demo too long

They might realize the game sucks

Well you seem very optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

A timed demo with an incomplete level?! I admit that I am actually surprised that Sega would give us the short end of the stick in a demo of all things...it's bad enough that they've done it in games (not that it's okay) but a demo? That's just ridiculous. I mean, what's the point of doing it that way? Did they think the players would be okay with having to rush to beat the level within 2 minutes only to do so to no avail? I'm trying to think of a legit reason for them to do this and I can't think of anything. Not a single thing.

Add this to the list of the silly things Sega has done with Sonic. I've honestly lost count of how many...

Fortunately this joke of a demo didn't dissuade me from buying Sonic 4 Episode 2. I liked what I saw aside from this demo (that I won't even bother with) and I definitely plan on buying the game smile.png

What a poor excuse of a demo, I won't be surprised if anyone who doesn't really know a lot about this game played it and in the end didn't purchase the full game in the long run. Why? Well, say you were in the same situation with a different game by a different company. After playing the demo, ask yourself: Is it really worth shelling $15 on the game if the publisher won't even bother to release a decent demo for the full game's release?

If you did enjoy their short experience with the demo like Hogfather did, you might be more optimistic; but I'm pretty sure that you likely wouldn't bother with the full game if you were dissapointed with their experience. And even then, the optimistic ones would likely question why the demo was as short as it was, despite the demo being quite enjoyable for them, like how Hogfather did.

Edited by Madame Amano
  • Thumbs Up 1

What the hell?

Seriously SEGA, why did you put a 2 minute timer in there, AND an incomplete level? Now there's less chance of people buying the game because it's a stage you cannot finish! Biiiig mistake.

This is interesting....

Demo Download = 400+ MB.(at least I think it was that).

Fulll game download = 419MB.

Demo has a 2 min time limit or it cuts off just before the end of the stage.... Who wants to bet that if someone was able to remove the 'cut off code' you would be able to play the full game for free?

This is interesting....

Demo has a 2 min time limit or it cuts off just before the end of the stage.... Who wants to bet that if someone was able to remove the 'cut off code' you would be able to play the full game for free?

That's the case for all XBLA, and I would assume PSN demos too. The demo is infact the full game with almost everything locked out. It's cheaper and easier to do it that way cause the games are only small. Retail games, like Generations, have separate demo builds because nobody wants to download an 8GB demo.

This is interesting....

Demo Download (with full game content locked) = 422MB

Full Unlock Code = 6KB.

Also PS3 is unhackable (again) so I don't think it's possible.

Has anyone been able to make to the end before the time cuts out, i tried on tuesday, failed...also ^ 104 platinum trophies O>o

Has anyone been able to make to the end before the time cuts out, i tried on tuesday, failed...also ^ 104 platinum trophies O>o

As everyone else said, time limit on an incompete act is bad. On a brighter note, having to play the same act over and over with a forced time limit conditioned me to get the best score for White Park Act 1 on the 360 leaderboards, least for the first day. I expect my score to be beaten in a matter of hours.