Awoo.

Buy S4:E2 Four times, get a signed poster, buy it twice to get mentioned in a video! A video! A real video! A video by Sega about Sonic 4!

Badnik Mechanic

I don't think this has been posted yet...

Sega have announced a second 'rewards' scheme for people who buy multiple copies of Sonic 4: Episode 2. You might remember how last time the prize was 'Ken Balough will say your name.' Well it's back and... see for yourself.

Buy two copies of the game, get yourself mentioned in a roll of honor/MVP list kind of thing in a special thank you video which will be hosted on youtube and mentioned on twitter/the sega blogs.

Buy 4 copies of the game, get yourself a signed poster from the Sonic 4: Episode 2 team at Sega of America. (to be fair, this one is kinda cool, but 4 seperate copies?)

You can read the full details here, no idea if this incentive is worldwide (they've not said you can't enter if you're outside of America so I guess it is). But yeah... if you were planning on doing this. There you go, a poster, and a video.

.. ... jokes aside, the poster is a nice idea, just... four versions of a game for one?

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha, I was just about to post a topic about this

So basically, spend around $30 or $60 for a $10 game, so you can have your name said on Youtube and a poster.

How many people actually did this with Episode 1 anyway?

Edited by Mike Dawson

I remember the last time they did this and the nickname going around the internet jumped a bit. "Wall of Shame" "Wall of Stupid People" "People who made dumb decisions".

When you think about it though.

Some people are likely to buy a copy for their main console and if they have the tech, maybe a copy for a handheld device... thats two right there. Thats probably the more realistic scenario.

If you've got a house with two different consoles in owned by different people, thats another possability, not very likely, but a possability. Then it's just a case of finding the 4th.

I doubt it's going to make anyone rush out and download 4 different versions, but if you're able to get close to 4 different versions, might as well.

• Thumbs Up 6

I remember the last time they did this and the nickname going around the internet jumped a bit. "Wall of Shame" "Wall of Stupid People" "People who made dumb decisions".

That's why I don't want my name said in a video even though I've downloaded two versions of Episode 1.

So you mean, I can spend £40 on a poster? Pass.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

Wouldnt accomplishing something of actual worth such as getting the highest score, be a goal worthy of a poster and mention?

Edited by The Groosenator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fun fact: I've actually bought boxes of these before.

I feel sorry for your insulin hormones, admittedly.

I'll only be buying one version because I literally can only buy one.

I feel sorry for your insulin hormones, admittedly.

I'll only be buying one version because I literally can only buy one.

Ha ha! I don't eat them all that quick XD I can buy the PS3 version, Xbox 360 version and possibly the PC version, but I'm only buying it once tongue.png Even the online co-op isn't going to make me buy multiple copies. Just doesn't look all that fun, and online probably won't stay active for long.

I will only buy Ep2 once. Buying up to two or four copies of the game seems a bit pointless and will cost quite a bit of money. Unless of course you love the game in which case by all means go nuts!

So, if I buy this portion of a game 4 times for about $15 each, I get a lovely piece of paper to hang up on my wall?

Tell you what, I'll buy the episode once for $5-10, and hang a scrapbook paper doodle on my wall instead. Sound good?

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 5

Such a roller coaster of emotions.

A poster for $60? Absolute poppycock.

A signed poster by Sonic Team? Would be worth more than $60 in the long run; I'd like to have it.

Wait-wait, a poster signed by the Sonic 4 Team in America, as in, not signed by people like Takashi Iizuka or Jun Senoue?.... *shrugs*

Even if it'd been a Japanese import, I'd still not be buying the game anyway, although I do find something cynical about these prizes regardless.

I was gonna get it on PS3 (unless I Gameshare), and I got it on PC for mods.

My brother buys it on iOS, I work a little Cola magic to get it on Android, and "free" poster, here I come.

A bit sly, yes. But there will be 4 copies of the game in my household and I will get that poster! >:U

...I'm a sucker for free stuff.

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmm so... I have a PS3, and will be getting Sonic 4 for that... I also own an apple device that can play E2... I could get S4 for that so I have something to play on the train to work...

Girlfriend owns an Xbox 360 and I think she owns the steam version!.. ... . Oh my God.. ... Oh my God... I COULD GET A FREE POSTER! which only costs me TWENTY POUNDS! HOORAY!

Well anyway, what I'm trying to say here... though I doubt very many people will care, could you just not cheat?

Fun fact: I've actually bought boxes of these before.

Can we not get a free box of wispas if we buy Sonic 4? I'd buy a lot of copies that way.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm def getting two: XBLA because it's my main console, plus I have 500 some points left over.

iOS because I just got an iPhone 4 and I have Ep1 already plus I have $5 on a gift card. Though even if I didn't have cash left over on either account, I'd get both because I like having games on the go and I'm really interested to see how it looks on the iPhone.

The poster does sound nice, but this reeks of desperation. Nothing more than a thinly-veiled attempt to bribe people into buying the game. Are they that concerned about sales? Do they think the game is bad?

• Thumbs Up 3

The poster does sound nice, but this reeks of desperation. Nothing more than a thinly-veiled attempt to bribe people into buying the game. Are they that concerned about sales? Do they think the game is bad?

Edited by sonfan1984

It does sound very desperate even the first time it was pretty pathetic. I'm surprised they're doing the same thing again.

The first game sold pretty well though.... why wouldn't they re-use some of the same marketing tactics?

That being said, I won't be buying the game multiple times. Not enough significant differences between versions to interest me in that.

It does sound very desperate even the first time it was pretty pathetic. I'm surprised they're doing the same thing again.

I can't say that I am surprised. This is Sega we are talking about here, where the number of things that they do that are questionable are countless...especially on the marketing aspect, where either what they do there isn't enough, or just doesn't make any sense, being downright silly even.

Anyway, I plan on buying Sonic 4 Episode 2 twice: one for my Xbox 360 and the ios version for my iPhone. Actually I will probably buy a third copy of the game for my nephews and their Xbox 360. So that's 3...so close to 4! Now should I try to buy a version for a family member too so I can say I bought four of them? For a poster?! No, I'll pass. It's not worth it to me. Not at all.

So yeah, I plan on buying 3 copies of the game, and that is more than enough. That should account for something, right? Maybe Sega should give me a cookie...tongue.png