Awoo.

Buy S4:E2 Four times, get a signed poster, buy it twice to get mentioned in a video! A video! A real video! A video by Sega about Sonic 4!

Badnik Mechanic

For all the complaints I have about Generations and Colors, yeah, those are games they actually had some confidence in, and put real effort into, and they didn't try to trick people into buying (at least, no more than ordinary advertising is a trick). Between this poster thing and the crappy demo, this whole situation reeks of desperation and deceit. This is a game they know can't be sold on its own merits.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I joked about them doing this a while back, but I didn't actually expect them to do it again.

God I bought Sonic Unleashed on all four consoles, and the shitty mobile version, and they were retail games.

Where's my fucking werehog poster. >8C

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm not going to give them shit for this. It's just a marketing gimmick for those who really want to go crazy and own all four versions. Or, like some have mentioned, they actually are going to own all four anyway. Example: a dude has XBLA and iPhone, girlfriend has PSN and little brother has PC. Submit all four under one name and winner winner chicken dinner, you get a poster!

It's not as though SoA are withholding game features or are giving away a 20th anniversary statue. So nobody is hurt if they don't go along with it. At most, you miss out on a mini poster which is a nice gift I'd think for those who buy four versions.

So yeah, chill out, it's just marketing folks doing marketing gimmicks. It's not the end of the world.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree. It's a reward, not an incentive. There is a distinction.

A silly reward, but a reward nonetheless.

I like to think of it as being a bit of a rare reward.

Why? No one wants to buy 4 copies of the same game! And if you submit multiple copies under one name...

Yep.

Well, sure I'll buy 4 copies. If SEGA pay me 45 dollars for that.

Edited by Jango

No. Sonic 4 Episode 2 costs twenty dollars where I live. There is no way In hell that I'd pay 80 bucks just to get a signed poster on my wall.

I understand if they want to have small events with their community to celebrate/advertise a game, but they are taking the wrong approach. (Especially when this game is sold digitally.)

They should reward customers gifting the game to friends rather than buying multiple versions of it for themselves. Considering not only dose it ensure more players get to play it and tell their friends and relatives what they think about it. It encourages and practically ensures they will try the coop feature with their friend/s who got it, and might result in further sales caused by his friend telling their friends about the time they had together playing it etc.

Actually they decidied to include gifting copies as going towards the promotion.. I was already planning on getting two versions, gonna consider gifting two more..

Edited by Dwapook

This saddens me. Not because I hate Sonic 4 (only Episode 1 is terrible to me, I actually quite like Episode 2), or even that because this game doesn't deserve to be called Sonic 4 (because it's just a name anyway), but because of the above post about it being marketing more than actually trusting the game. This is what their Sonic game means to them. That's bullshit. Episode 2 almost felt like a labour of love, at the very least much more so than Episode 1 which is clearly just cash-in tripe (not that Episode 2 is stellar or anything, don't misinterpret that).

The more I think about this game, how expensive both episodes are, how mediocre they are, how short they are, how the red rings in Episode 2 do jack shit aside from an out of game achievement, the more it saddens me, even though I like Episode 2. It's more about marketing than making a good game, sadly.

Edited by Semi-colon e

• 4 weeks later...

I'm good. Thanks for asking though.

I have the PS3 version, and I'm putting it to good use.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the iOS and 360 versions, so I went for it. Just to hear Ken say my name.

I'm good with one copy. It's not worth buying this game 4 times just for a poster and for them to say your name in a video.

I bought the iOS version, regretted it. buying another version was not worth it. If it was generations though, I would have gladly bought all 4 versions.

Well if you want more chances to buy Sonic 4... you can now get the game on your android device or Tegra.

Only according to some of the reviews in the Tegra version, the game doesn't work... yeah this is the same machine which Sega are giving away as a competition prize too.

• 5 weeks later...

Wouldn't Sega of America have to sign every poster for the people who bought the game four times? At some point they'll probably be swamped and give up. Are you sure that would work though?

While it sounds nice, I already have a signed unused story board from Steven Butler on the Sonic X comic, so I think I'll pass!

Actually, did anyone do this? If so, any chance we can see your prize?

I'll just say this...

Fuck that.

Yeah. I like 4 Episode 2, but why would I want to own it on several systems. Okay, I do see a good idea out of this. Like, you can have Episode 2 for the PS3, and the iPhone, or any other portable phone. Why would I want to own it on 2 HD consoles?

I'll just say this...

Fuck that.

Yeah. I like 4 Episode 2, but why would I want to own it on several systems. Okay, I do see a good idea out of this. Like, you can have Episode 2 for the PS3, and the iPhone, or any other portable phone. Why would I want to own it on 2 HD consoles?

To have your name mentioned on a video that no one will care about~