Awoo.

Buy S4:E2 Four times, get a signed poster, buy it twice to get mentioned in a video! A video! A real video! A video by Sega about Sonic 4!

Badnik Mechanic

Ken: The guys who bought 4 copies of the game, thanks guys you are true Sonic fans.

Oh... does this mean I'm not a true Sonic fan because I didn't buy 4 copies of the same game? =(

• Thumbs Up 5

Ken: The guys who bought 4 copies of the game, thanks guys you are true Sonic fans.

Oh... does this mean I'm not a true Sonic fan because I didn't buy 4 copies of the same game? =(

I loled when she pronounced the brazilian guy's name, because that my name too, except for the last name Silva. Funny how they translated João to John, the more correct would be Jack, but that's ok :)

• 2 weeks later...

I will assume that whatever remaining credibility he had with anyone who wasn't a fan of Sonic 4 definitely died in that sentence. I won't be surprised that when/if Episode III comes, people will consider him as reliable as a TSSZ writer when it comes to whatever PR he has to say for that game.

I'll admit, if/when that happens, I'll feel quite sorry for Ken, why did he have to get his name tag stuck to the clusterfuck that was the PR for the Sonic 4 saga? He would had been much better off if he was doing the retail titles like Generations and Colors.

EDIT: You also forgot this, although YMMV:

Ken: And thank you for supporting Sonic 4, we really couldn't had done it without you guys, definitely a game for the fans.

EDIT 2: Oh, and remember when I posted this one guy's thoughts on the matter some months ago?

This thing is gross and should have been buried after the first attempt, it hammers in the fact that Sonic 4 is marketing first and a game second. They want you to buy the game not because it is a good game but because they say it’s “Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it blah blah blah” and because you can get awarded by a bunch of community managers.

This stuff never happened with Generations and Colors, Generations and Colors were wonderful game that stood on their own without relying on these cheap PR gimmicks. Sonic 4′s marketing is a case study on making people cynical towards your product in a very unique way, their marketing only works as intended on children, those that lack critical thinking skills and for lack of a better word the indoctrinated (they also call themselves “true fans”)

“Do not focus on anyone but your customers. Your reputation will follow you forever so always be fair to your customers, and certainly one thing you need to always remember is that your customers are not going to be fooled. Some people think they can get away with something and just hope people won’t see through the bullshit. The internet is way smarter than any of us.”-Gabe Newell

How ironic......

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ken: The guys who bought 4 copies of the game, thanks guys you are true idiots.

This is what he's really thinking behind the PR bullshit :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Soo, I should have payed about...60 bucks to get my name read in a stupid video people will forget about in a week? DEAL OF A LIFETIME.

I bought the game on iOS for like $6. I wish I'd have bought 6 hershey's chocolate bars instead.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I was roaming the Sega Forums when I came across this:

7777603708_92ca290004.jpg

It's official. Sega stopped trying to sell the game on it's own merits (then again, TBI Episode II should had been an obvious indicator of that). This is the equivalent of including mail-in sweepstakes offers in cereal boxes.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan