Awoo.

"To Be Continued" - Will Sonic 4 Continue?

goku262002

There was topic elsewhere all about S4 tying into SA1, which was generally concluded to be a bad idea. And comparing the Serpentleaf to Chaos is welll... really clutching at straws.

There was topic elsewhere all about S4 tying into SA1, which was generally concluded to be a bad idea. And comparing the Serpentleaf to Chaos is welll... really clutching at straws.

I really dislike Sonic 4 as a whole. The first one was quite frankly tripe; bought the Wii version when it came out and it was so incredibly fustrating/boring/not original that I didn't bother to complete it. Episode Two looks a lot better i'll admit, but nothing that different that i'd consider buying it.

One thing that really bothers me about these games is how it really isn't episodic. They all end pretty much the way the classics did with some big showdown in space and to be honest, even now it's losing its effect. That's seemingly the second time Sonic's been to space and defeated Eggman's plan in the 'same' adventure. I dunno, I just feel that the whole 'episode' thing just seems like a cheap way to legitamise selling a small game that releases with the same time gaps that the HD titles do.

Like others have said, I think i'd prefer them to try another route. Maybe a sprite based classic-style game (which is what Sonic 4 really should've been in the first place) that starts off trying to be better than Sonic 3/Knuckles rather than regressing back to Sonic 1.

Edited by Wordy
  • Thumbs Up 5

There is another castle like rock/stone building in the top right corner. Hopefully not another castle level but it sure seem interesting as to what it could/will be.

There is another castle like rock/stone building in the top right corner. Hopefully not another castle level but it sure seem interesting as to what it could/will be.

Uh, where do you mean exactly? Right at the back in the middle of the E1 map is what some people said looked like castle walls and thus part of Sylvania Castle, but that was proved incorrect when the two map didn't connect that way at all. I don't see anything on the E2 map.

I would like Sonic 4 to continue if it means going in the current direction that they are going. The Sonic 4 saga as a whole has been quite schizophrenic as a whole, so I would like to see that resolved with episode 3 before even thinking about a Sonic 5 or even beyond that. I also would like the feedback to be more proactive, since it seems a lot of that feedback is just not being heard 100%, and is kinda tainting the outlook of Sonic 4 going forward as a result. (Ironic, considering these same gamers consider Sonic Colors and Generations to be much better examples of Sonic 4's philosophy)

Personally, I want the next one, Sonic 5 to be different from this. Fresh, and completely free of trying to emulate the Genesis experience to the point of becoming an "uncanny valley in appealing to the nolstalgic senses" which is kinda the ultimatle Achilles heel with 4.

I think Sonic Team could really do some greater good going forward as they have proven their worth, and at the current stage, Dimps needs more time before they can bring out the same quality I enjoyed from them on the GBA.

Edit: I apologize for the constant stealth edits I have made hear, but its been rather trivialing(is that even a possible word) trying to get my thoughts down on the possibility of Sonic 4's Continuations as it has been somewhat of a mixture of emotions, and although I do not hate the Sonic 4 saga as a whole, I have become somewhat disappointed with what has been put out thus far. I hope my thoughts above are enough to suffice my current judgement from what I've seen and played.

Edited by the blu blur
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uh, where do you mean exactly? Right at the back in the middle of the E1 map is what some people said looked like castle walls and thus part of Sylvania Castle, but that was proved incorrect when the two map didn't connect that way at all. I don't see anything on the E2 map.

No, I mean Episode 2. Now that I have looked at it again though, it looks like it could be Egyptian themed. It has a lot of different looks to me. It's between Death Egg mark 2 and Sky Fortress, where there seems to be another island curving round. Here is a screen.

post-3794-0-01235900-1337287267_thumb.jp

Edited by Debug ring

No, I mean Episode 2. Now that I have looked at it again though, it looks like it could be Egyptian themed. It has a lot of different looks to me. It's between Death Egg mark 2 and Sky Fortress, where there seems to be another island curving round.

It's all just mountains/canyons, just like what's on the right of the E1 map,

It had better. I miss Knuckles and climbing up shit. I didn't buy Ep. II (and won't) because I'm not a huge fan of Sonic 2, but I'll buy Ep. III if it has playable Knuckles. Metal Sonic becoming a series mainstay would also be just...just great. Logically, there's no reason Eggman wouldn't use him every time, seeing as MS is the only thing the ol' Doc's built that Sonic and his buddies can't tear through like a bag of leaves.

The ending was a little vague and it's being assumed that the team wanted to do another episode to wrap that up. Either that or the ending leads into Sonic the Fighters, something I thought about.

The ending was a little vague and it's being assumed that the team wanted to do another episode to wrap that up. Either that or the ending leads into Sonic the Fighters, something I thought about.

Sonic Team? Connecting games current games to older games that aren't Sonic CD or Sonic 2?

Impossible.

I doubt it that game is not canon and would be kinda random to link 4 into it.

>mountains

>canyons

KNUCKLES CONFIRMED FOR EPIII WILD CANYON CONFIRMED KICK THE ROCK

ECHIDOONAA

Maybe it's Angel fucking island.

How do you get the 'to be concluded'. I have completed Ep2, with all the chaos emeralds and red rings but the ending is no different. Just doesn't have the 'try again' bit?

How do you get the 'to be concluded'. I have completed Ep2, with all the chaos emeralds and red rings but the ending is no different. Just doesn't have the 'try again' bit?

That's it mate. 'To be concluded' is just in the trailer.

The "To Be Continued" text and sound effects in the the video from the first post aren't used in the game. They were discovered through hacking, and it seems as though they (and other missing parts) were to be used in a teaser that was eventually cut.

I doubt it that game is not canon and would be kinda random to link 4 into it.

Maybe Sega wants it to be canon. Wouldn't be any less random than inserting Little Planet into Episode 2.

Not really. Sonic the Fighters being involved in this would just cause a plethora of issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really. Sonic the Fighters being involved in this would just cause a plethora of issues.

Perhaps. But the setup is uncanny. Eggman essentially has everything he has at the beginning of Fighters.

Just finished the game with all Chaos Emeralds and with an empty ending like that, there's definitely got to be an Episode III. I literally laughed at how poor that ending was.

Ken, Here I'll get you started on Episode III. Sonic and Tails' spacepods land on Angel Island, where they reunite with Knuckles. Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic secretly followed the two, and Eggman stumbles upon a large temple hidden in the jungles. He finds writings explaining the legend of Chaos, and it explains how Sonic 4: Episode 3 is a prequel to Sonic Adventure (which is already on PSN/XBLA). Also, Metal Sonic finds a damaged Mecha Sonic (from Sonic & Knuckles), and the two team up!

And maybe they combine and make - MECHA METAL!!!!

Is it bad that this sounds decent enough to work?

• Thumbs Up 8

Is it bad that this sounds decent enough to work?

Is this real, or are you just yanking my chain?

Nothing in Sonic 4 Episode II (in story terms) actualy conects, especially the Little Planet. The damn thing appears on the space in the beggining of Episode Metal, may I ask you, how and why? According to CD, the Little Planet don't APPROACHES, he just... appears! And he allways appears floating above the Never Lake, really close to the Earth's surface. Also, it's a little planet, in S4 it's enormous.

Stardust Speedway was in Bad Future. Didn't Sonic saved Little Planet? Looks like he doesn't. Many people said: it's Bad Future because Eggman build the the new Death Egg on it, but as you can see on the first EpM's cutscene, the planet is 100% free...

At the end of Episode 2, the Death Egg mkII just black-outs. Does the Little Planet teleported back to its own dimension or is still trapped inside the thing? And if Eggman have the Little Planet, why he didn't collected the Time Stones yet?

So here is: next Episode, Eggman reactivates the DEmkII with the power of the Time Stones and once again, Sonic and Tails will have to travel to the Little Planet. It would be neat, really neat if the game feature the time travel system with brand new zones and brand new pasts and futures.

Sonic Team? Connecting games current games to older games that aren't Sonic CD or Sonic 2?

Impossible.

I love how you're implying this is a regular occurence.

Nothing in Sonic 4 Episode II (in story terms) actualy conects, especially the Little Planet. The damn thing appears on the space in the beggining of Episode Metal, may I ask you, how and why? According to CD, the Little Planet don't APPROACHES, he just... appears! And he allways appears floating above the Never Lake, really close to the Earth's surface.

According to the US manual:

"Isn't that the tiny world that orbits around Mobius?" Amy asked. "The one with the special stones that alter time and change everything around them? I heard that the planet's full of places that are completely ignored by the passage of time!"

"Yeah. On the last month of every year, the Little Planet appears over Never Lake. It's that time now, and I'm going to check it out. I bet space travel will be exciting!"

There you have it.

As for Stardust Speedway being the Bad Future, I guess you could say that even though Sonic saved the planet, the future could always change and isn't set in stone.