Awoo.

"To Be Continued" - Will Sonic 4 Continue?

goku262002

As for Stardust Speedway being the Bad Future, I guess you could say that even though Sonic saved the planet, the future could always change and isn't set in stone.

I imagined the Terminator theme playing as I read that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Death Egg MK 2 didn't went boom, theirs no way in heck that Sonic and Tails are just gonna let that thing float in space, when Eggman can continue building on it. Too much of a Cliffhanger here.

Seriously Folks, if they wanted this to be the True Ending, don't you think they would've had a Doomsday Zone type level at the end?

I hope their will be a Episode 3 in the future, 1, for bring back Knuckles to 2D glory, and 2, Their hasn't been a proper, blockbuster final boss yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

According to the US manual:

*Words*

There you have it.

Lol, the US manual being canon. Sure it was Amy talking there or some other girl character SoA tried to ram into the game canon at one point? :P

According to the US manual:

There you have it.

As for Stardust Speedway being the Bad Future, I guess you could say that even though Sonic saved the planet, the future could always change and isn't set in stone.

Well, you complete my post. It appears? Yes. Above Never Lave? Yes. Tiny? Yes. Sonic says space travel, but you know, he jumped into the planet with ROLLING PHYSICS. You might say, it's near the ground and not in space because Eggman sticked a chain on it, but once the planet is freed in the end, you can see that it fly a little higher and then vanishs... Besides, how could be in space and above a lake, that seens weird '-'

About Stardust Speedway, well, I always thought that Bad Futures only existed because Eggman build that giant metal shell around it.

Edited by Jango

Isn't the title card of the final boss "The beginning of the end"?

Does that work as a clue or something?

About Stardust Speedway, well, I always thought that Bad Futures only existed because Eggman build that giant metal shell around it.

Eggman doesn't take over Little Planet in E2 until after he's awakened Metal, and it's a bad future even when he's lying dead.

Edited by Blue Blood

Isn't the title card of the final boss "The beginning of the end"?

Does that work as a clue or something?

Oh, I almost forgot that, my friend from another forum commented about this title card. Dimps wasn't really clever trying to hide an Episode 3. This is probaly the most complete clue we have.

Eggman doesn't take over Little Planet in E2 until afterr he's awakened Metal, and it's a bad future even when is lying dead.

That's what I said in first place. It doesn't makes sense, unless the planet really does have a Bad Future normaly... That will be totaly pointless.

Edited by Jango

That's what I said in first place. It doesn't makes sense, unless the planet really does have a Bad Future normaly... That will be totaly pointless.

SO MUCH TIME SEARCHING FOR ROBOT TELEPORTERS! ALL RENDERED POINTLESS!

Why do you hate my childhood, Sega?

But seriously, I can tell you why Stardust Speedway is in the Bad Future. Get this: It's because Dimps is fucking lazy and just reused the design from Generations.

TA-DAAAAAAAA!

Edited by HyperMetal

SO MUCH TIME SEARCHING FOR ROBOT TELEPORTERS! ALL RENDERED POINTLESS!

Why do you hate my childhood, Sega?

But seriously, I can tell you why Stardust Speedway is in the Bad Future. Get this: It's because Dimps is fucking lazy and just reused the design from Generations.

TA-DAAAAAAAA!

• Thumbs Up 2

I assume they reused not just the design but the actual graphics from Generations, but there are more reasons to do that than "laziness." Generations and its Stardust Speedway design is far fresher in most people's minds than Sonic CD, and in any case the Bad Future version of Stardust Speedway is likely the one that most players would have encountered. Atmospherically the Bad Future is also more suited to the scene - Metal Sonic lying ruined and broken, Eggman reviving him in a fairly brutal way. It wouldn't have worked nearly so well in the Good Future version. I completely agree that as regards canonicity and continuity they just didn't care, but I think the Bad Future is always what they would have picked - just as they did in Generations.

I recall Ken saying a while back that if E2 sells well, than they'd make an Episode 3, and that if E3 sells well, than there will be an Episode 4.

I thought it showed Eggman reviving Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedways bad future because it was happening now! Like for example, the future could be just a minute in time, a week, month or year, obviously between CD and Episode 2, a small amount of time has passed, who's to say when Metal Sonic gets revived that it isn't the bad future? That bad future may already be happening.

Another thing I point to is the Death egg MK II, a metal shell encasing Little Planet, turning it from beautiful land into machinery, that is technically a bad future as well if you consider that at the beginning of Episode 2 it was still just land and sea.

Work Little Death Egg Planet into an all new game, Sonic 5 or otherwise, that's set after Generations instead of before Adventure. Afterall, Little Planet isn't always around.

I thought the same thing, actually. I'd be really cool to see Eggman sitting on this backup plan all this time.

At this point, I think the better question is, "Should they continue Sonic 4?" I mean, whatever ideas they have for a possible Episode 3 would most likely be better off executed in a Sonic 5, or something; at least then, they'd be starting off on a more-or-less clean slate, free from whatever negative associations that Sonic 4 has.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually I'd think a third episode would not take as long as they have the engines in place (both graphics and physics). I mean, neither physics as they are now nor graphics are major points of contention. It's mainly music, the fact that the game isn't as good as the Genesis originals (would it ever be though?) and lingering hate from Episode 1.

A year from now I could see an episode 3.

fine-tune the physics, better music, more new/varied stages, solo paths for each character, overall hugely improved and unique stage design

They could do all that in a year surely.

I could do that in a day

for breakfast

• Thumbs Up 1

They could do all that in a year surely.

I could do that in a day

for breakfast

Edited by goku262002

I like Episode 2 a lot! I don't have a problem with the game at all and i really want to see an Episode 3.

I can understand everyone's opinions about the game and their complains about it and that's why i don't post a lot in the Sonic 4 forums.

Having said that thought i really want to play an Episode 3 so i can see what they'll do from there on. What locations they'll use this time. We're gonna have a modern version of Sonic 3 SStages? Will they bring Knuckles back? How about the Super Emeralds and Hyper Sonic.

What applies they'll do to the physics and level design to make it better from Ep 2. We'll get an extra episode again?

Personally all that makes me excited and i want a conclusion that leads to Adventure and from there take it to the next level and make something different in a 2D style.

Edited by frokenok3

Actually I'd think a third episode would not take as long as they have the engines in place (both graphics and physics). I mean, neither physics as they are now nor graphics are major points of contention. It's mainly music, the fact that the game isn't as good as the Genesis originals (would it ever be though?) and lingering hate from Episode 1.

Unless they make ANOTHER new engine for no damn reason.

There needs to be an episode 3. Episode 2 is actually decent for a change (or I'm just used to Sonic 4). Playing around with Sonic and Tails and Metal makes me want to see Knuckles get in on the action. Of course, me being me, it seems like this would be a fine point in the timeline for Eggman to whip out a Metal Knuckles.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, let's not forget that Sega had to focus on Generations for a year, including Dimps for the 3DS version.

I believe the bad future is actually supposed to be canon. Not laziness.

Nothing in Sonic 4 Episode II (in story terms) actualy conects, especially the Little Planet. The damn thing appears on the space in the beggining of Episode Metal, may I ask you, how and why? According to CD, the Little Planet don't APPROACHES, he just... appears! And he allways appears floating above the Never Lake, really close to the Earth's surface. Also, it's a little planet, in S4 it's enormous.

Stardust Speedway was in Bad Future. Didn't Sonic saved Little Planet? Looks like he doesn't. Many people said: it's Bad Future because Eggman build the the new Death Egg on it, but as you can see on the first EpM's cutscene, the planet is 100% free...

At the end of Episode 2, the Death Egg mkII just black-outs. Does the Little Planet teleported back to its own dimension or is still trapped inside the thing? And if Eggman have the Little Planet, why he didn't collected the Time Stones yet?

So here is: next Episode, Eggman reactivates the DEmkII with the power of the Time Stones and once again, Sonic and Tails will have to travel to the Little Planet. It would be neat, really neat if the game feature the time travel system with brand new zones and brand new pasts and futures.

Little planet isn't massive, it's a little something called perspective, when Metal Sonic leaves the planet the camarea is zoomed in pretty close to it.

I believe the bad future is actually supposed to be canon. Not laziness.

That would means that Sonic didn't do either of the following:

- Collect all the Time Stones

- Destroy all the Teleporters

So that would mean that Eggman would still have had control over Little Planet, thus meaning than Eggman actually won CD and Sonic left Little Planet to rot under his rule. We all know that didn't happen. And if they weren't being lazy, they wouldn't have just ripped a screenshot from Generations...

• Thumbs Up 1

That would means that Sonic didn't do either of the following:

- Collect all the Time Stones

- Destroy all the Teleporters

So that would mean that Eggman would still have had control over Little Planet, thus meaning than Eggman actually won CD and Sonic left Little Planet to rot under his rule. We all know that didn't happen. And if they weren't being lazy, they wouldn't have just ripped a screenshot from Generations...

Well Sonic Technically Stopped Dr. Eggman

And who says he left all of Little planet to rot? Could've just been Stardust Speedway.

Nothing wrong with letting Sonic slip up a little bit.

Well Sonic Technically Stopped Dr. Eggman

*video*

And who says he left all of Little planet to rot? Could've just been Stardust Speedway.

Nothing wrong with letting Sonic slip up a little bit.

If Sonic did have all the Time Stone or had destroyed all the teleporters then everywhere would have been a Good Future. And there's a good deal wrong with making Sonic fail in his ultimate goal by the end of the game.

It's only a Bad Future due to laziness, which you either have to overlook or treat as having a negative impact on the canon.

Edited by Blue Blood