Awoo.

E.X. Troopers- a spin-off of Lost Planet (PS3/3DS)

#AR

[media=]

Here is E.X. Troopers, a new 3rd-Person Shooter that is a spinoff of Capcom's Lost Planet series. The game is being produced by Shintaro Kojima, a producer on the Monster Hunter series.

Taken from a CrunchyRoll news article

E.X. Troopers follows Bren Turner, who joins the academy from EDN-2nd, and aids in the battle between the snow pirates and the Akrid aliens on EDN-3rd. Players will be able to choose from one of three unique bases of operations in what's being billed as a "light" shooter experience aimed at beginners.

Looks kinda nice so far. The graphics are bright, colorful, and look absolutely amazing (I'm such a sucker for Cel-Shading, I swear haha) and it looks pretty addicting. Kinda worried about the whole "aimed at beginners" thing, but I'll probably need it since shooters are most definitely not my forte.

Is it me or does the main character kinda look like a male version of Haruko from FLCL/Fooly Cooly? haha

d4e96ec802158e1e1e3ff2128a4e3f711337226358_large.jpgflcl-haruko1.jpg

The game is set to be released in Japan sometime this year on the PS3 and the 3DS. Weird-ass platform combination, I know.

Thoughts? Impressions?

• Thumbs Up 4

If it wasn't for the gameplay segments of the end of the trailer, along with the cel-ified versions of the Lost Planet monsters towards the end, I would have never guessed this was a Lost Planet game.

However, it seems Capcom is really pushing this series. I only have played the demos of the first two games, had fun but not the funds for them at the time and the second game sounds like a co-op game only and I don't know any friends who own it. I might just try getting into it, I do think I'll enjoy the series.

This spin-off is also very interesting, I'm all for developers who are willing to go in a completely different direction for spin-off titles (main stream titles are another story), so this has my support. Different takes on interesting universes can be a rather bizarre but wonderful thing.

It's like someone took a little of JSR's visuals, mixed it in with Lost Planet, and then injected it with 20000% more anime.

Gotta say I'm intrigued though on the basis of this being such an odd spinoff.

Looks fun! I might pick this one up!

But seriously: Ps3... and 3DS. What an odd combination.

3DS and PS3 are two of the most popular consoles in Japan right now, it's not that surprising. Ni No Kuni was similarly also on DS and PS3.

The game play and animations make it look quite Compile Heart-ish and I'm not sure if I find that a good thing. Setting aside the nice visual flair, everything else, including the animations, seems to be cookie cutter. Not quite convinced on this one. Music is neat though.