Awoo.

So Square Enix sucks; "Won't Remake FF7 Until They Surpass It"

turbojet

You know that Final Fantasy game that pretty much made Final Fantasy as popular as it is today? You know the one where SE spent decades of resources spent on all but fucking remaking the game? Yeah and the spent 5 years teasing at remaking the damn game and go on to remake every other Final Fantasy except for the one that they teased at remaking. Well...

tumblr_lx3hpblDCy1qi3z16.gif

The good thing is that I know longer have to be tantalized by Square Enix's bullshit.The bad news is that modern fans have to play through an aged game to truly appreciate the game which is kind of rough because the game suffers from what all RPGs had. Just shit, guys.

I think they're trolling the Internet, just to see how pissed off they can make everyone. I am enjoying the scenes of havoc and mayhem ensuing at their success.

It'll happen eventually, FFVII has gotten so much exposure that it gives the other titles in the series intrinsic popularity simply for having the 'Final Fantasy' title.

So.. how about they abuse that popularity a little and re-release the other games too?

I'm not complaining, FFV and VI are among my favourite titles and I'd love to see modern re-imaginings, what does irk me is how they've treated FFXIII.

DLC: The Video Game: Now With DLC: DLC Edition.

PRESS START TO PURCHASE THE "START GAME" DLC. THIS WILL ENABLE YOU TO WATCH THE FIRST CUTSCENE.

I think they're trolling the Internet, just to see how pissed off they can make everyone. I am enjoying the scenes of havoc and mayhem ensuing at their success.

They have been trolling for five years, dude. They release a poll explicitly asking ":Who is interested in a FFVII remake?," a tech demo explicitly made with the idea of recreating a scene in the series, make Crisis Core, re-release Advent Children with images of the HD models of the character models from the original game, and then to top it, keep changing their minds about doing it or not and coming up with every excuse not to while expending just as much endorsing the game as they would making it.

Edited by turbojet

Honestly I would be a little worried if they would remade FF7.

I think they would handle that poorly. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

In all honesty, I don't mind all too much. I'm one of the few people who enjoys the old graphics and I think it's best that SE try to escape the shadow of FF7. Granted, they'll do a remake eventually, but while they're on a roll with XIII-2 I think it's best they try to give the FF brand some worth again.

Who cares? As long as i get my Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts games i'll be happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it hard to imagine an FFVII remake standing up very well these days unless it was drastically changed, in which case there'd probably be a huge outcry. I'm sure it'd sell either way, though, so I'm curious why S-E hasn't just tried it yet.

...maybe it'd work out a little better if the remake was for a handheld? I doubt that's what anyone who's clamouring for a remake really wants, though.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

They have been trolling for five years, dude. They release a poll explicitly asking ":Who is interested in a FFVII remake?," a tech demo explicitly made with the idea of recreating a scene in the series, make Crisis Core, re-release Advent Children with images of the HD models of the character models from the original game, and then to top it, keep changing their minds about doing it or not and coming up with every excuse not to while expending just as much endorsing the game as they would making it.

That's first class trolling right there. It's a great deal more entertaining than if they actually made and released the damn thing, to be honest. Keep it up, Squeenix!

In all honesty, I don't mind all too much. I'm one of the few people who enjoys the old graphics and I think it's best that SE try to escape the shadow of FF7. Granted, they'll do a remake eventually, but while they're on a roll with XIII-2 I think it's best they try to give the FF brand some worth again.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII debuted 3 years ago. Even before that, XIII took forever to finally fucking release and when it did, it was a huge upset. When was the last time anyone has heard from Versus since the last two trailers? It took them 10 years to even begin the prospect of a Kingdom Heart 3, not to mention the side materials to it. We all give Sega crap for advertising poorly, but Square Enix does the exact opposite. They hype the game to the moon and delay it for years. When they do finally release, it turns out to be a dull affair and leaves people wondering, "Just what in the fuck were you doing with it for so long?"

If anything, I cannot stand their advertising. They have done all, but say, straight up, they are not making it for years which gave the false impression that they have been working on it. Instead, they hinted at possibilities and gave incomplete statements about the game up until now.

If they could profit at trolling, Squeenix would be richer than nations.

edit: ^ hello there ^

How about finishing Versus first? Stop bothering Nomura with shitty sideprojects, the man has to get that done and start working on KH3 proper and he can't do so if you keep redirecting his workforce/budget to salvage the mess other teams make. Wada pls resign.

Oh no, a remake isn't their priority.

Their NDS lineup disagrees.

Edited by Dobkeratops

If anything, I cannot stand their advertising. They have done all, but say, straight up, they are not making it for years which gave the false impression that they have been working on it. Instead, they hinted at possibilities and gave incomplete statements about the game up until now.

If they could profit at trolling, Squeenix would be richer than nations.

Oh yes, I definitely see where you're coming from. That's very frustrating indeed, but didn't they just give a straight answer now? They said they wouldn't do a remake.

Their NDS lineup disagrees.

Dragonquest can't really be included considering that's more of an Enix side of thing than square, the team is probably very different for that one than it was for the Square remakes.

Edit: Let us also not forget that Dragonquest's situation in America is different from Final Fantasy's. SE have been trying for ages to have the title gain some ground in the States and those remakes were key to doing just that. FF didn't need remakes to help sell it's games.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

I don't remember SE ever stating that they will "remake" 7 or even hint at it. The Technical demo was just that... a technical demo, something to just show off the ps3's power, nothing more, nothing less.

Am I the only one who doesn't care to see a remake? Given, I'm open to the idea, just don't particularly care is all. FF7 was and still is a good game given the graphical advances since then, it's still nice to look at as well.

Yea, 7 is one of the most popular titles of the series (if not the most popular) but not every "classic" game needs a remake. Personally, I rather see new than retro redefined for the latest generation.

The bad news is that modern fans have to play through an aged game to truly appreciate the game

I really don't see a fault to this. Don't most "modern" fans of any series go back and play the "original" anyway? And if they don't they should XD

also this...

Good, less chance of them bastardizing a classic by superimposing the absolutely bile systems of Final Fantasy XIII and above into it. This game needs no remake for the same reasons the original Metal Gear Solid didn't need one.
Edited by LunarEdge

Dragonquest can't really be included considering that's more of an Enix side of thing than square, the team is probably very different for that one than it was for the Square remakes.

They did remake a bunch of FF for NDS too, y'know. Proper remakes, with all new graphics and audio and shit.

Not to mention the constant 2D rehashes FF has been getting on virtually every platform for years.

So yes, remakes have been a priority for S-E.

They did remake a bunch of FF for NDS too, y'know. Proper remakes, with all new graphics and audio and shit.

Not to mention the constant 2D rehashes FF has been getting on virtually every platform for years.

So yes, remakes have been a priority for S-E.

This may be a dumb question, but aren't 2D games relatively easy, in the world of game developing, to remake?

For the most part yes, but it was a passing point. FFIII, FFIV and the DQ ones got some considerable effort behind them and suffice to prove remaking shit is key to S-E.

And we've yet to see if FFX gets some notable changes that'd make it more of a remake than a port.

I think the point was that remaking FFVII isn't a priority.. as in they don't really prioritise any remakes over another, not to mention their income is probably fine, and remaking 2D games is likely a lot cheaper and easier and has less chance of backlash than an FFVII remake.

While I agree that Squeenix's current stance could very well ruin FFVII if it were remade I think it's more likely that they'd worry about how the overwhelmingly huge fanbase reacts to their precious game being changed too much.. so if it were ever remade, it'd hopefully have all the feel of the original somehow intact.

That's how I see it anyway.

Wasn't FFX already confirmed to just be an HD rerelease?

And I don't really see them completely changing the gameplay of FFVII in a remake, the worst I see happening is the removal of things that would get a higher rating now with characters that look like people and not cardboard box men, and shoehorning in plot points from all the FFVII spinoffs.

Edited by Ekaje

I always thought a polished remix for the 3DS ala Nintendo's Ocarina remake was the best approach. A full HD reimagining is probably too much for them, so why not clean up the visuals and glitches with some new features and bonus dungeons?

Yeah, it's not the big budget re-release people want. But...it would work for me. Milk some new love out of a classic.

In all honesty, FFVIII needs a remake desperately. Sometimes, remakes can be nice in terms of fixing flawed games...not just great ones.

Oh, and am I alone in liking FFXIII more than XIII-2? I honestly feel the battle system grew on me after a year, and then it just flipped to "recruit monsters!". Ugh.

Edited by Crazizzle

As much as I love to see remakes of games like Resident Evil 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Jet force Gemeni, and Tales of Symphonia, some game are just already perfect the way they are.