Awoo.

So Square Enix sucks; "Won't Remake FF7 Until They Surpass It"

turbojet

You already did. Before VII even existed.

It's called Final Fantasy VI.

Goddamn it you beat me to it.

I think we've officially heard more about a VII remake from Square Enix than about Versus XIII. I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing the issue with that.

Why does everyone want a FF7 remake?

I'd rather have FF6 of FF9. But even then, I'm not going to cry like a baby just because they won't.

You already did. Before VII even existed.

It's called Final Fantasy VI.

Well it's more understandable than those two from the fact that FF7's early 3D looks worse than FF6's good 2D graphics, and even though it's on the same system, 9 looks quite a bit better than 7. Plus from what I hear 7 could also use a better translation.

Well it's more understandable than those two from the fact that FF7's early 3D looks worse than FF6's good 2D graphics, and even though it's on the same system, 9 looks quite a bit better than 7. Plus from what I hear 7 could also use a better translation.

Edited by killemoff

Final Fantasy 6 has been remade a grand total of 2 times to the Playstation in 1999 and the Gameboy in 2006, and also ported to the Wii. The only reason why Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX keep getting brought up is because it is the only one prior to XI that has not been remade yet.The most popular and profitable one if you discount XI's continued online service is the only one that has not been remade. The only reason why Final Fantasy 7 gets the wrap is because it is published and owned by Sony and if it ever got a HD re-release, it would be on a Sony console.

Edited by turbojet

I wouldn't really call those remakes. FFI&II Dawn of Souls, FFIII & IV DS are remakes, the FF Anthology and the FFx Advance titles are just enhanced ports and rereleases.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wat. FF VII was not published by Sony, it was published by Electronic Arts.

http://en.wikipedia....nal_Fantasy_VII

Final Fantasy VII (ファイナルファンタジーVII Fainaru Fantajī Sebun?) is a role-playing video game developed by Square (now Square Enix) and published by Sony Computer Entertainment as the seventh installment in the Final Fantasy series. It was originally released in 1997 for the Sony PlayStation and was re-released in 1998 for Microsoft Windows-based personal computers and in 2009 on the PlayStation Network.

The PC version was published by Eidos who are now owned by Square which is now Squeenix. You are confusing it with Final Fantasy 8 and 9.

Edited by turbojet