Awoo.

What character is in most need of character developement?

John F. Kennedy

Since the people who write the games stories tend to be pretty terrible at telling stories involving time travel anyway, i honestly wouldn't mind it if Silver just somehow got stranded in the present and stayed there.

The problem is, like Knuckles, Silver obviously wasn't meant to be a mainstay otherwise he'd be stuck in the future and we'd never see him again. This is a problem with most characters, they have no real purpose outside of their debuts; its obvious Sega didn't plan in advance about these characters.

The problem is, like Knuckles, Silver obviously wasn't meant to be a mainstay otherwise he'd be stuck in the future and we'd never see him again. This is a problem with most characters, they have no real purpose outside of their debuts; its obvious Sega didn't plan in advance about these characters.

Which would be fine if they didn't keep on bringing them back anyway. Therefore the best-thought-out Sonic character of the past few years is... Chip.

Which would be fine if they didn't keep on bringing them back anyway. Therefore the best-thought-out Sonic character of the past few years is... Chip.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

No, it would be fine if they did more planning on how to use the characters instead of a "make it up as you go" as they have (and somewhat still are) doing. There's nothing wrong with bringing back a character, but there's a problem with bringing them back with no coherent plan behind them.

I wasn't really concerned with his comment on Chip tho. But that still ties in my point about them bringing characters back with no coherent plan. While there's no problem with having one-off characters, if you want to make them have a second shot you need to justify their second appearance and make sure it makes sense.

How you go about it can be as simple or layered as you intend, but the way you do it in either case can be strong or weak based on how it's portrayed to the audience. That's a major reason why Shadow when from being a well received to a marmite "love him or hate him" character.

Especially if you want that character to be a regular, you need to set it up so that their appearances can't be so limited by outside factors, otherwise what's the point of that character getting top billing.

Especially if you want that character to be a regular, you need to set it up so that their appearances can't be so limited by outside factors, otherwise what's the point of that character getting top billing.

And this is something that relates to what Batson said about Silver. And I have to once again tie this back to the Archie comics because for everything it said for folks not to do with characters like Silver, the writers went around and did the complete opposite and actually did a well done job at it.

I was against making Silver a Time Cop, and yet in Archie he's training to be a Knight of Chronos and I have no problem with it. I was against having Silver remain in the present, yet the writers made the plot the point where he is outright forced to stay in the present for his last attempt at finding the source of his apocalyptic future and in a way that I cannot complain since they actually made use of how he's likely causing paradoxes for every jump instead of a "blow out the fire and fix everything bad" as Sonic Team did in Sonic 06.

Not that Archie is the best at writing (well, to be honest, they're doing better than Sonic Team if you ask me), but I find that the material they have is a good mind-opener over these things. Bonus points for making heavy use of past game plot devices to make a coherent plot, because now I want Sonic Team to find a way to reuse the stuff from Sonic CD more such as Little Planet and the Time Stones.

Exactly. Archie may have their fair share of problems, but at least they have just as much good to back it up.

Silver.

Why? Well he didn't really leave much of an impression in Sonic 2006. I like the guy I do. But in the games he came off as annoying. It was probably his Voice actor, but whatever.

The Archie comic books however handled him really well and he's my favorite character next to Lien-da because of his development.