Awoo.

[ARTWORK] Milo's Museum

Milo

Dedede stuff. Both of the following pieces are also thumbnail art for my Smash Bros. Ultimate montages, linked below!

dededisaster_dominoes_by_yeow95_deev519-

Dededisaster Dominoes. The dominoes theme is due to its associated Ultimate montage being a gag reel clip show (and similar to Dedede's dash attack).

the_funky_dededealer_by_yeow95_degf9dw-f

The Funky Dededealer. Art is influenced from Jet Set Radio (Future), and the Ultimate montage is set to Funky Dealer from the JSRF soundtrack. This one is more of an overtly silly montage, containing jokes/memes throughout.

OC stuff. The following two are based on just one.

prudence_by_yeow95_deek0fh-fullview.jpg?

Prudence, featuring Dewey. He's the first of my lad OCs (Frail did get one earlier, although he was a snowman) portraits; moreso, he currently has a...very different design compared to his previous appearances. You can see Dewey's entire outfit in Dewey Treble below.

dewey_treble_by_yeow95_deeofps-fullview.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've just gone through your art thread and love seeing your art evolve over the years! I'm sorry you had very negative and rude comments when you first started but look at how much you've improved now! Keep it up, you're smashing it!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Vee-Skies said:

I've just gone through your art thread and love seeing your art evolve over the years! I'm sorry you had very negative and rude comments when you first started but look at how much you've improved now! Keep it up, you're smashing it!

Thanks for the comment! I must note however that those initial comments actually weren't aimed towards my art (which I hadn't started at that time). They were aimed towards some sprite fight animations I made back in the day with Flash. (I've since moved away from those, but I have since then started trying my hand at 2D animation, you can see a bouncing ball example from earlier in the thread.)

• 1 month later...

Lot of character art incoming.

rooftop_viewpoint_by_yeow95_deh1zm9-full

Rooftop Viewpoint. Group photo of The Commodities band. (Siddy's taking the photo, which is why he's not in it.) Despite the flat colors, this was actually one of my attempts to get back into drawing backgrounds.

a_betty_er_bust_by_yeow95_dehlmyn-pre.jp

A Betty-er Bust. This was one of a few pieces I did throughout April where I was practicing painting colors. This one is probably my most preferred result.

field_of_uncertainty_by_yeow95_dej0a6t-f

Field of Uncertainty. A landscape piece that was on the backburner for months.

deuwood_sketches__5_4_21__by_yeow95_dejk

Deuwood Sketches [5-4-21]. A third round of cleaned up sketches, after the Accel and Courtney sketches from last year. These aren't strictly expression sketches like those two, though. This has a few complete body sketches for Deuwood in addition to busts, with her given a little more to do compared to the previous sketches.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Gonna try and space this incoming art out over a few posts, over the course of the week if I remember.

First, more Smash Ultimate thumbnail shenanigans. These are all art made for their montages of the same name (excluding the last one), so you can check the links to watch them.

he_s_not_de_bad_guy_by_yeow95_deklrqd-fu

He's Not De Bad Guy. I whipped this montage together without any theme, so I didn't have any real concept for the art to go with it. Ultimately Eventually I just drew this one together as a throwaway thing.

penguin_pepsislam_by_yeow95_delq4vh-full

Penguin PepsislamDreamland's got a new beverage of choice, as decided by King Em-Pepsi-ror Dedede himself!

king_d__spicable_s_dreamland_destroyah_b

King D. Spicable's Dreamland Destroyer. Good luck on one-on-ones vs the king and his warship. He's not quite kruel, but no less despicable...

a_hexad_of_pellets_by_yeow95_demhkud-ful

A Hexal of Pellets. A non-Dedede piece for a non-Dedede montage. instead, Mega Man (in the red/white color scheme) and Villager are my headlining backups for my sixth "jukebox" montage, where I play as characters other than the emperor penguin.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is chapter 2, where landscapes are the highlight. This one is shorter.

a_climb_above_the_meadow_by_yeow95_dekiu

A Climb Above the Meadow. A landscape piece with Deuwood, based on a January photo I took with a bunch of clouds surrounding my neighborhood. They had a really wonderful, "illuminated" look to them. Replicating that appearance was my main focus.

waiting_for_the_airport_shuttle_by_yeow9

Waiting for the Airport Shuttle. This location is based on a shuttle bus spot my folks and I have been through at the London Stansted Airport parking lots. It took me a long while to illustrate this one from the concept to the finished product for two reasons. I had been away from drawings with detailed backgrounds/environments for a while, so this was my attempt to get back towards that, alongside the Rooftop Viewpoint piece posted earlier. The other was applying the mostly lineless art aesthetic for everything; characters, environment, and objects.

• Thumbs Up 1

Book Three, which should about wrap things up. This is mainly my OCs with simple backgrounds.

First, Lambent with Marlowe. This is latest in my series of OC portraits (Caterwaul was the previous one.)

lambent_by_yeow95_dem3ky7-fullview.jpg?t

Second, Ain't Flat, Definitely Sharp. This was a doodle of Zoe that I wanted to do on my downtime. (The title is a play on keyboard notes.)

ain_t_flat__definitely_sharp_by_yeow95_d

Third, Taking a Sip. Leon needs to occasionally mellow with a drink, before she can continue scouting for photography locations.

taking_a_sip_by_yeow95_delt6s4-fullview.

That's about it. As one can see, there's been quite a bit of art since the last update. This might be a regular format in the future if I can consistently keep up with the amount of art I've produced over the past couple of months.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Over the past few months I've been busy with a art project, so this post and the next couple should include the art I've done on the side. Most of them should be fairly simple, but there are a couple of exceptions.

Inert Star. This was supposed to be a simple colored sketch, but I put way more into this than I honestly expected to from the jump. Probably one of my best character pieces when all is said and done.

inert_star_by_yeow95_dep0vl5-fullview.jp

Drop Route. Not much to say about this one, besides liking how the cloud background turned out, I suppose.

drop_route_by_yeow95_depxdhw-fullview.jp

• Thumbs Up 3

Inert Star is really cool; I like a lot of the details and shading and the moon in the background, it's obvious you put in a lot of work, amazing job.
The silhouette for Drop Route also looks cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the more simple other pieces I mentioned.

Two Axes to Grind. Betty's "Battleaxe" nickname was ironic in nature, as she used a sword. But now it has a more literal meaning. (Her sword will still be there, but that's now reassigned as a backup weapon.) (This is also my current profile picture of the moment.)

two_axes_to_grind_by_yeow95_denrm7d-full

Racquet. Not much to say about this one, beyond more practice with busts with Courtney.

racquet_by_yeow95_denv83s-fullview.jpg?t

A Fan of the Nightfire Look. Betty likes Dewey's new appearance quite a bit. He appreciates her enthusiasm, but can't fully admit it.

a_fan_of_the_nightfire_look_by_yeow95_de

• Thumbs Up 1

As of late I try not to update so soon with little art, but I'm making an exception. My birthday was yesterday and I made some art to commemorate it.

birthday_host_by_yeow95_der2zav-fullview

Birthday Host

Excuse the fire, that’s just how things usually turn out when you have R.T.J. (Ronda “Teleganza” Jackson for long, T. J. Ronda for mid) as your host. (If you're curious, yes, she is a new OC of mine.) “Chaotic calm” seems to be the usual atmosphere that follows her, wherever she goes and whatever gigs she presents. (It doesn’t help that she acts as her gigs as a host or saleswoman, both on-and-off camera...and it seems reality even acts that way too, with the bizarre, sometimes lethal incidents that follow her around.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, how about that art project I mentioned a while back...

the_frightening_guest___teaser_by_yeow95

The Frightening Guest - Teaser

A short, five-page comic about...well...guess. The hats are a teaser of some, but not all of the characters appearing in this story.

All five pages are intended to be released throughout this month. The first of which I'm aiming to post later this week (and failing that, definitely next week).

• Thumbs Up 1

The Frightening Guest: Pages 1 and 2

the_frightening_guest___page_1_by_yeow95

A visitor has interrupted Wiola's tale.

the_frightening_guest___page_2_by_yeow95

Wiola investigates who fell down like hail.

---

Cast of characters / Creators of characters:

Wiola / Yeow95 (myself)

Liz / kytobitt 

Goth witch / kytobitt

Jessica / @Spin Attaxx

Smugsy / TornadoMario347

Elixy / @Ferno

Venus / @JezMM

????? / ?????

• Thumbs Up 5

Very pleased to see Jess in this comic, and I can't wait to see what'll happen next!

(Her face in Page 2 panel 2 is also a big mood. Of what, I'm not sure, but I'm sure there's many ways you could interpret it lol.)

• Thumbs Up 1

The Frightening Guest - Pages 3, 4, and 5

the_frightening_guest___page_3_by_yeow95

The greeting has left the group quail.

the_frightening_guest___page_4_by_yeow95

Only now does the visitor look into the pail.

the_frightening_guest___page_5_by_yeow95

The visitor carries on, to their companions’ bewail.

Cast of characters / Creators of characters:

Wiola / Yeow95 (myself)

Liz / kytobitt 

Goth witch / kytobitt

Jessica / @Spin Attaxx

Smugsy / TornadoMario347

Elixy / @Ferno

Venus / @JezMM

Rodger (aka The Frightening Guest, ?????) / @azoo

Mizue / azoo

Derek / azoo

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

• 1 month later...

Post-big project stuff I did during November.

moon_on_the_sand_by_yeow95_dev05ge-fullv

Moon on the Sand

On one hand, November's too cold of a month to go to the beach in most places. On the other hand, not many other people are going, so there's good photography opportunities.

taciturn_by_yeow95_dev5n07-fullview.jpg?

Taciturn

OC portraits march onward with Odonis (who I can't seem to settle a color on for his overalls).

blush_meter_meme___deuwood_by_yeow95_dev

Blush Meter Meme - Deuwood

Based off this template by Jourd4n on Twitter. Thought this would be a fun, quick (relatively speaking) thing to try out in-between art pieces.

Oh, I also can't forget this some gift art I did for @Ferno: Two Visible Friends, with his characters Frieda and Beverie! In addition, this concept actually was based on a doodle@JezMMdid for Botober last year!

two_visible_friends_by_yeow95_detonph-fu

Two Visible Friends

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

face_november_by_yeow95_devugg6-fullview

Face November

"You need to turn around and go back, before it's too late..."

(There's also a background-only version of this without the characters, you can see it here.)

reporter_mic_drop_by_yeow95_dewjnke-full

Reporter Mic Drop

"...and that's the scoop! This is T. J. Ronda, signing off!" *EXTREMELY LOUD MICROPHONE STATIC*

(Another "quick sketch" that ended up being much more than that. I wanted to try and replicate a early 2000s aesthetic with the colors and proportions.)

rusted_skies_by_yeow95_dewnh97-fullview.

Rusted Skies

Speedpaint practice of an environment I sketched out today, over a couple of hours.

annalogue_by_yeow95_dewnmlc-fullview.jpg

Annalogue

One of the background characters from Face November above. A mime with a...current fascination with the technology of yesteryear. Some say it's because she can use pre-digital products as a way to communicate, bypassing scenarios that would require her to break silence and talk.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

New year, new art, but let's sign off on the old year first.

yeow95_s_2021_art_summary_by_yeow95_dex9

Here is my art summary for the 2021 year. All twelve months covered this time! For those curious, you can check my art tumblr post for a list of each piece and the characters/creators involved (some of the OCs here are by other creators--kytobitt, @Sean, and @Ferno), and my 2021 art retrospective on my art tumblr. Like in 2020, the retrospective also includes a generated "Tumblr Top Ten" list of my top ten most popular art pieces on the platform for 2021.

Speaking of entering the new year, A Loud New Year, with Annalogue and @Spin Attaxx's Voidica!

a_loud_new_year_by_yeow95_dexcf5c-fullvi

Spurned on by the recent "Elmo vs. Rocco" meme that went viral over the past few weeks: The Great Pet Race on Sesame Street!

the_great_pet_race_on_sesame_street_by_y

"Elmo can't believe it....Elmo's purebred which cost Elmo seventeen-hundred dollars...lost to a rock."

Shredder (Vrame from The Commodities)

shredder_by_yeow95_deybw7u-fullview.jpg?

• Thumbs Up 4

Awesome work dude, and you've come so far with your skills over the year too! And thanks again for drawing my baby Capri, I absolutely adore it 💖

• Nice Smile 1

• 3 weeks later...

February update.

Balk Boulevard (Deuwood)

balk_boulevard_by_yeow95_deyzed2-fullvie

Dump Mountain (with the entire Commodities band--from top to bottom, Siddy, Vrame, Odonis, Zoe, and Kolumbia).

This was an old sketch I did sometime in 2017-2018 on paper that I wanted to scan and do a digital version of. About four-five years later I finally got around to it. You can also see the original sketch at the link, by the by.

dump_mountain_by_yeow95_dez5rkh-fullview

Swiper's Scorn (Betty)

"Sorry, but not sorry; I found this goblet first. Try and take it, and you'll get this axe instead. (And then I'll take that back.)"

swiper_s_scorn_by_yeow95_dezngnf-fullvie

Last but not least--some fanart. Save the Last Dance, featuring Shantae!

save_the_last_dance_by_yeow95_dezo71y-fu

• Thumbs Up 3

Another update so soon? Sure, why not. Go look at the calendar!

triple_threat_thunder_by_yeow95_df01r2l-

Triple Threat Thunder

...I don't know if you'd want any of these ladies as your valentine this year. If they are...run.

Left to right: Liz (created by @Sean), Disarae (created by @Ferno ), and Cassidy (created by @Spin Attaxx).

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Marchin' on...

Babbel (Kolumbia from The Commodities)

babbel_by_yeow95_df0lh97-fullview.jpg?to

Routine Standup (T.J. Ronda)

routine_standup_by_yeow95_df14j2t-fullvi

And if you were worried about how Wiola was doing since her last episode....don't worry! She's a-okay. (Back from the Woods)

back_from_the_woods_by_yeow95_df1kt4n-fu

Also--Mar10 Day was a couple of days ago; so to commemorate, here's a alternate cover with Wiola looking more, well, Peachy than usual!

back_from_the_woods___peach_alt__by_yeow

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awakening. Baby steps of trying to get back into animation for this year.

df0tz7v-3986909e-6cb0-41ed-a9e6-ee26fb04

Pourdown (Leon). A quick piece I did in-between other bigger drawings. I want to try and master making these 'smaller' drawings, so I can crank out more of them on a regular basis.

pourdown_by_yeow95_df1ut5t-fullview.jpg?

---

And here's some holiday art I wanted I to do for @JezMMwith his character Chamomile for for St. Patrick's Day; alas I didn't get it done in time. Take your pick with a Pot o' Cammie or a Cup o' Cammie!

pot_o__cammie_by_yeow95_df24ubb-fullview

cup_o__cammie_by_yeow95_df24vz3-fullview

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1