Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid

Artwork: Hybrid's art

Hello fellow members of Sonic Stadium Hybrid here, though some of you know me as NextGenProject of deviantart.

Some of you may have seen a sample of my work in Sonic Anniversary Collabs such as Tikal in last years collab.

69dec8b2d56f7729e7169c02b4ba537f-d3k603c.png

And this year for the 21st Collaboration I'm handling Classic Knuckles, so stay tune for that.

Now in recent years I've wanted to try to use me artwork else where as well say Archie Comics but I've realized character pin ups will only get me so far so I'm brooding out to other sites looking for critique to see what area's I'm okay in and what area's I could improve in because dA is one of the worst places for that. Well regardless of such I hope you all enjoy.

Super Sonics and the Time Eater - center_of_time_by_nextgenproject-d4mrnwr.png

Classic Knuckles in Adventure style - _sa__classic_knuckles_by_nextgenproject-d4izanu.png

and Sonic Generation parody comics

crisis_city___why_so_obvious__by_nextgenproject-d4h5u3d.png crisis_city___sonic_vs__silver_by_nextgenproject-d4ed4k2.jpg

Wow, awesome work! I especially love the Generations parody comic. That's how Generations's cutscenes should have gone.

EDIT: As a critique, what Peacock said. Try to make a more unique style and make it less like Yardly's work.

Edited by Chaos Warp

ehh.. its way too "Yardley" imo a lot of artist's imitate his work these days, its good but nothing special

you can work well with groups which is essential in the comic business, keeping their proportions right and being able to fit them into their designated frames, you could do with proof viewing your work before inking it since there's a lot of derpy eyes/expressions going on in some of the frames that could easily be corrected, your attention to detail is pretty good though.

overall you have some talent,but you need to work on it a lot, but i'd suggest adapting your own style than being another Yardley clone.

you might want to tackle something that isn't Sonic related too, experiment... its what an Artist does!

ehh.. its way too "Yardley" imo a lot of artist's imitate his work these days, its good but nothing special

you can work well with groups which is essential in the comic business, keeping their proportions right and being able to fit them into their designated frames, you could do with proof viewing your work before inking it since there's a lot of derpy eyes/expressions going on in some of the frames that could easily be corrected, your attention to detail is pretty good though.

overall you have some talent,but you need to work on it a lot, but i'd suggest adapting your own style than being another Yardley clone.

you might want to tackle something that isn't Sonic related too, experiment... its what an Artist does!

Well of course I was expecting a comment like this. Not to make excuses for myself or anything but I do realize that I'm nothing special and I am "just another clone" its just the way my art style was laid to over the years. (Even before I knew who Tracy Yardley was)

That's also true. I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to detail and proportions like that, it comes from my mother. Thanks for that alternative suggestion.

Granted is going to take me a while to settle on a style that isn't "Yardley like" but it isn't impossible. I have been doing side projects but once again they don't deviate too far from an already existing style that someone else has. Its mostly a personal problem honestly.

Mobius? Why Mobius?

Why NOT Mobius? Its just my childhood talking at that point right there because I grew up with Sonic's world being call Mobius before it was changes to Earth.

Why NOT Mobius? Its just my childhood talking at that point right there because I grew up with Sonic's world being call Mobius before it was changes to Earth.

nitpick moment XP It was only refered to as Mobius in spinoffs, the maingames generally said "the world" XP Not bad art here C: I like it.