Awoo.

If Sega were to make a new 2D Sonic game.

Dummy Bear

I would love a new 2D game however Sega is going to have to bury the sonic classics and not make anymore sequels. I'm still hurting over sonic 4 ep 1/2. I would like to see the core cast return. The game must play well too for a game where you are moving so fast the physics must be on point. I would love it if the game was sprite based but I don't think there are any of the devs that would be able to pull that off as that actually requires effort.

I want new areas and some of the areas explored can be brought back in 2d. Remembber in generations how the later era stages felt so fresh for classic sonic although you played them in 3d already?

I just think it would be neat to add more and be moderate about it instead of playing it safe with sonic and tails and just doing the same stage tropes (beach,water stage,industrial,eggman ship/factory) over and over.

As much as I love the classic games, it would break my heart if SEGA continued trying to appease us classic fans. They just don't understand the elements that made those games so great. I feel as though they believe that if they simply fix the physics, that means they've fixed the issue. The physics aren't the only thing that made those games so great. It was the level design, the awesome music, creative areas, and that wonderful atmosphere! That's why sadly, I've had to pass on the whole Sonic 4 saga thing. It's just so... Bland. Even episode II. Everything just feels so uninspired.

It saddens me that I have to turn to fan projects that will probably never be finished to find a truly fun and charming 2D Sonic experience.

Please SEGA, just focus on making great 3D gameplay (And for the love of God, no more boosting...). I have lost all hope for your 2D creations.

I'd rather have another 3D or Unleashed/Colors/Generations style game, to be honest, but if we must have a 2D game, I would hope that they don't try to make a Sonic 5. I would much rather have either an Advance, Rush, or Rivals style game, though I would like it if they made a game that gave me somewhat the same feeling that Advance did (It was my first Sonic game, after all :P). However, if they do decide to go the way of Rush again, we need more playable characters besides Sonic. Hell, we need more playable characters in any Sonic game, let alone 2D. I don't mean like Blaze as an alternative, don't get me wrong, she is an amazing character, but I would like more variety in my gameplay, like being able to soar over the level with Tails or access hidden secrets of the level with Knuckles's wall climbing.

Personally, I would prefer another Advance or Rush over Sonic 5 any day.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Yeah improve sonic advance, those sprites were GREAT. I rather have something like those then a so-called sonic 5. Then again I'm mainly saying that as far as anime looking art... sonic advance wins..as that's my fav style for sonic. :/

Edited by Vicki Turner

Not at all. Generations Classic was a blue Mario, and Chump$'s feeble attempts are worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Christian Whitehead should give it a bash. He's put a lot of effort into his physics engines and fangames and it would be... interesting, to say the least, to see him have a go at it. Not a major title, just a little downloadable effort.

Not at all. Generations Classic was a blue Mario, and Chump$'s feeble attempts are worse.

Agreed. It focused on block platforming and the whole "momentum based physics" thing was a bit of a lie. It's decent but it wasn't Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1