Awoo.

Men in Black III

Winston

men-in-black-3-poster.jpg

Finally, after all these years Men in Black III is being released. I've been waiting for this film for ten years! I remember watching the first Men in Black with my Grandpa...and the 2nd with my Mom. So prepare yourself for the third installment of the Men in Black series, May 25th.

Plot

Veteran MIB field agent Agent J learns that Agent K's life and the fate of Earth are at stake. He must time-travel to 1969 to stop an alien criminal named Boris from assassinating a young Agent K (Josh Brolin) and changing history, while also facing a 24-hour time limit before he is trapped in the past.

Cast

• Will Smith as Agent J
  • Tommy Lee Jones as Agent K
  • Josh Brolin as Young Agent K
  • Emma Thompson as Agent O
  • Alice Eve as Young Agent O
  • Nicole Scherzinger as Lily
  • Jemaine Clement as Boris the Animal
  • David Rasche as Agent X
  • Rip Torn as Chief Zed

Release

May 25, 2012

Trailers

[media=]

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 5

They spent $215 million on this thing. I don't know on what, but they did. And everyone involved supposedly had a lot of fun with it.

So the way I figure it, there's no way that it can be bad.

Man, It's like Will Never ages hahah he looks almost the same as in his years during The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. Which is like my favorite sitcom of all time. He is hella funny.

• Thumbs Up 2

Going to see the movie with my parents on Friday, first time in roughly 6 years I've gone to the movies with the entire family. They're huge Men In Black fans, and they've really looked forward to this.

The first movie is something I'd rank as one of the greatest movies of it's generation. It was new, it was fresh, it was subtle and it was a whole world of it's own. The sequel completely lost so much of it's charm though. It's practically clear that the movie was nothing but a monster display show. The development of the characters was forced and unnatural, and it didn't help that the female lead was terribly done and acted.

The way I see it, this movie has a shit ton to prove, but judging from early ratings, it seems like it isn't nearly as bad as it's predecessor, which is already a good thing. I'm not sure how I feel about Josh Brolin replacing Tommy Lee Jones for what is apparently 90% of the entire movie, but the way I see it a move like that is so balls-y already in principle that they all definitely have faith in this movie's execution.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my this is looking really good .Loved Men and Black it was hilarious also had a kick watching the animated series also.

Definitely see if I can watch this it looks really good biggrin.png .

Edited by Sallee

Ohhh yes the animated series.

Truly one of the pinnacle prime examples of those 90s cartoon shows you couldn't help but love. It astounds me sometimes how dubious source material can be turned into marketable, somehow infinitely superior media with an accessible audience.

• Thumbs Up 9

[media=]

Truly one of the pinnacle prime examples of those 90s cartoon shows you couldn't help but love. It astounds me sometimes how dubious source material can be turned into marketable, somehow infinitely superior media with an accessible audience.

Ah the nostalgia just watching this every day after school on the disney channel it was absolutely epic biggrin.png .

OMG I remember that animated series. That intro was so gooood!

The 1st movie is great. It has something that's just charming. The 2nd movie wasn't funny or interesting at all. It felt lazily made. I just hope they have 3 in IMAX 2d. I've come to the conclusion that 3d just doesn't do anything for movies, especially when it makes the entire picture dark. I can't stand that.

The animated series was godly, I liked it even more than the movies (although the first one will always be great). However I'll probably stand by from watching this one in theaters, but I'll check it out someday.

So they finally made a part 3 after all these years. Probably because Will Smiths was busy starting his children's careers.

[media=]

I didn't know it had a cartoon. Where the hell was I?

Glad I am not the only one who was Disappointed with MIB 2. smile.png

Rip Torn has a smaller role in this one as Zed, apparently! sad.png

Edited by BW199148

Glad I am not the only one who was Disappointed with MIB 2. smile.png

Rip Torn has a smaller role in this one as Zed, apparently! sad.png

Edited by Mono

Rip Torn is a mess of a person, if you look at his legal issues.Maybe that's why he has a smaller role.

I didn't know that (I don't really look into their personal lives), thanks. smile.png

Heh I remember the animated series! That was such a cool opening. The music really reminds me of Earthworm Jim (the game).

So I wonder how this will turn out. I was pretty surprised when I saw the trailer at the cinema a few months ago. I enjoyed the first but I don't really know how I feel about this.

can't wait. Loved the first two. Brolin K looks awesome, and WOLL SMOTH is always generally good.

Edited by Jackstraw

Saw the movie today. I really enjoyed it. It hit my expectations dead-on, and since I was expecting a funny, entertaining sci-fi flick filled to the brim with Will Smith's trademark charm, I got a good deal for my money. To put it simply, I thought it was a lot better than Men in Black II.

Gotta give props to Josh Brolin for a spot-on performance as Young K, which is hard to do when the character the actor has to live up to is also in the movie.

So yeah I saw it. Tl;dr version - it's better than Men In Black 2. If that's enough to sell you on it, go nuts.

It's worth knowing right off the bat that at this point in time, the MiB series has become little to nothing more than a popcorn series, and if you're expecting a grounded, earth with-a-twist movie such as the original one, there's no way you're going to get it. Men In Black as a whole is of the particular Ghostbusters breed of movies - where a sequel is just not going to be able to strike lightning at the same spot twice because of everything that made the world what it is was introduced as a one-hit wonder, and the only thing you can do after that is put on a monster-display show.

Fortunately, MiB3 is a return to basics of sorts. The first act is everything you'd come to expect from a sequel to MiB - villain introduced, K and J up to antics. Par for the course. The second act which takes a little too long to set up is where the movie finally tones down all the alien display, and where K and J finally get their chemistry going on for the rest of the movie. It also has to be said that this movie has what is by far the best villain a MiB movie has ever had. Edgar in MiB was nothing but a causality for the big finale, while Serleena in MiB2 was practically a robot. Boris on the other hand, is finally scratching the surfaces of being compelling by being fueled by personal revenge. Not only does this give him great personal quirks, it makes for some great interaction.

The movie still has problems though, and ironically a good deal of them are the same ones the second one had. The secondary plot of the movie still involves hunting for a McGuffin that's going to save the earth, and much like MiB2, the movie sacrifices and retcons a rather good deal of continuity, which has ultimately been the real problem of the sequel for quite some time. This makes the big surprise twist of K's "hidden secret" err on the sides of being an ass pull, even if there is a shred of foreshadowing. That said, it's a really heartwarming twist, and despite knowing fully well it wasn't perfectly meshed with the plot, it's probably the most gut wrenching scene in Men In Black since K's neuralizing in the original movie.

I definitely recommend the movie if you'd like an overall better movie than the second one. It still falls into a good deal of traps that soured the predecessor, but as a movie, it is much better. Even though that's not saying much, I think taking that honor away from it is doing it a rather big disservice when it's pretty damn clear how everyone involved in this (save for poor Tommy Lee Jones who spends the only 30 minutes he has on screen moping) had really fun. That said, if you're going into the movie convinced that you won't like it, you probably won't be convinced. MiB struggles for relevancy in this day and age, but this is probably as good as a sequel could get considering what and how it worked. Recommendation? Yeah, just keep your expectations low and just, have a good time. Take your close friends and family out. Remember the good times. Would watch again? Probably, during a late movie night. It's an okay, sometimes good movie. Nothing more. But in some ways, that's probably what we needed.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hope it's really, really funny. I don't think anyone's really expecting anything ground breaking from this movie. Saying it's better than MIB 2 isn't really saying much though. Most any movie is better than MIB 2.

Just saw it today, and it's awesome. Way better than 2, but not better than 1 though, but only by a tiny bit. Josh Brolin also does a great job at Young Agent K. Will Smith was just awesome in it too, the ending was tied up some stuff that lead up to K choosing J to be a MiB agent in 1. I just wish Tommy Lee Jones was in this more...well, we can always look forward to Men in Black IV...

Saw it today. Wasn't even aware it only came out here yesterday, I just went to the cinema for the hell of it and saw that it was available to watch.

It was decent. Nowhere nears as aggravating as MIB2. I mean, it did have some 'ergh...' moments like the ending and the sort of out of nowhere romance with agent O, but it was never offensively awful, and some of the new characters were pretty endearing (Boris is interesting with his pseudo-dual personality, and Griffin is so adorkable). I'd watch it again.

I was very satisfied with it. Saw it in 2D. It was really funny and just great. The only thing that bugged me was, did anyone notice how old tommy lee looks? That kind of bothered me. I didn't think he'd look that old at 65. He looks more like 75. I don't know, he should go on detox and start eating better and excersizing.

Shocking when a hollywood celebrity actually looks his age, isn't it, Lounge?

• Thumbs Up 3