Awoo.

SSMB's virus alert thread. Report strange virus errors here.

goku262002

The warning is probably going to appear for a while until google flag them as safe again. The links are gone anyway tho.

It's Sonic retro that's set off the alarms for me, quite possibly someone invaded and planted viruses in their site(though there are false alarms), it seems to be Ok now though.

Edited by Mysterics

TY1Bu.png

The last ninth eighth page of the TGWTG thread is giving me this.

It's definitely this page:

Edited by Diabetic in Sweet Mountain

• 4 months later...

Hey guys. this topic was previously known as "The hunt for a virus spreader (maybe?)". I changed the topic title because it still seems that this is a common occurrence and if this topic gets a chance to get pinned that I don't want an idiot topic title.

Just keep this topic in mind whenever a problem like again. thanks! :)

I don't see a need to pin this since this subforum isn't overflowing with topics of this nature.

Heh even so, that topic title allways bugged me anyways. tongue.png

• 1 month later...

*sniffs*

*squints*

Bronies...

But seriously, I'm getting the warning too, just by clicking the hyperlink above, Chrome is going nuts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm...

Weird thought, but I think it might be Snatcher's signature. The url isn't any common image hosting website so that might be the cause. But again, that's my thought. I never ran into any problem with any other post in that topic.

I was getting warning in the Pony topic as well, but I just checked it again and I'm not getting them anymore, so it looks like whatever was causing it got taken care of.

Google Chrome was giving me a malware warning from mcleodgaming.com in the SEGA's 2013's Plans thread. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Google Chrome was giving me a malware warning from mcleodgaming.com in the SEGA's 2013's Plans thread. 

I'm also getting this warning, most likely a problem with someone's signature.

When people find pictures for their signature, why don't they reupload it to another website like IMGUR/Tinypic? Seems like this would make signature problems never come up again. Plus, it is a nice thing to do to reduce the hotlinked bandwidth.

I believe there is a malicious download in the Archie Thread. I think I accessed it when I wasn't logged on (was on another computer), and a download pop-up appeared(with a bizzare name). I cancelled it, and another came up, so I Crtl-Alt-Delete'ed to the task manager and shut down the browser. I could be mistaken, but I know it was a forum where the last poster was someone named Captain Harlock.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to worry people, but I think there is a trojan here on ssmb, kapersky pure 2.0 just notified me and told me to restart my computer, when it happened I had Pandora opened, the ssmb, and in another window me e-textbook. I also want to mention J got the warning on the front page, but when you have multiple open you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Chrome's giving me a malware warning on this link:

It says there's content from "www.411mania.com", a known malware distributor. Maybe it's a dodgy signature or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Chrome's giving me a malware warning on this link:

It says there's content from "www.411mania.com", a known malware distributor. Maybe it's a dodgy signature or something.

Gonna chime in and confirm this, it does the exact same thing for me.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason, my browser keeps crashing on the 2006 topic. Firefox crashed 3 times and then I tried viewing it on Safari. Then Safari crashed too. It didn't do this earlier and the crashing only happens on page 68 and 69.

• 5 months later...

Google Chrome's giving me a malware warning on Page 3 of the Shantae thread. I just turned on signatures, so one of them must be the culprit. An image from justpushstart (dot) com seems to be the cause.

It only happens on Page 3 of the thread, though.

Edit: Now I'm getting it without signatures on. Huh.

ArHImON.png

Edited by Colasaurus Rex

It was a hotlinked image from a website, looks like it's been removed now.

...A wizard did it.

• Thumbs Up 3

hey, I was on the topic about the sega forums that was just locked by diz. I clicked on the "like" or "unlike" button and a random screen about xbox appeared... I don't know if it is a virus, but I figured I'd post it :), Just in case there are other sightings :).

Not exactly a virus, but I've noticed a little white pop-up box coming up. It says "View Quoted Post" - which is strange, because I don't believe anyone HAS quoted me. Now, is this some kind of clever hoax, my paranoia getting the better of me, or am I merely accidentally clicking on the wrong thing?

Guys those arn't virus alerts those are general message board bugs, this topic is meant for virus alerts caused by either your browser or anti-virus software.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1