Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

Basically tell us your unpopular Sonic game/character/song opinion that will probably get you killed for saying it.

Let's hear them!

Mine

Nostalgia 3 and goggles Sonic 3 and Knuckles is a very overrated game. It irritates me to death when people say "Sonic 3 and Knuckles is the last good Sonic game" the genesis games as whole compared to many titles 2-D sonic titles that came out after it are pretty mediocre when you compare them to Sonic Advance and Rush.

That said, Sonic 3 and Knuckles is only really loved by fans who can't take their nostaliga goggles off.

I'm sure some people have their own legitimate reasons which I can respect. But when I ask why do they like it it's the same old answer "Last good Sonic game, Nostalgia, Not green eyed Sonic" I don't HATE 3&K. This is just my opinion

Edited by Alice Twilight

I think that Unleashed was awesome game despite it's problems and I prefer Rush Adventure over Rush (dunno why). That's pretty much it.. Oh wait!

Sonic 06 rocks...... just kidding.

• Thumbs Up 2

- Saying that Sonic Colours' writing of Sonic and Tails isn't the second coming of Jesus compared to other game's writing. The Bromance? Made of win. Orbot and Cubot? Freaking awesome. Eggman? Again, awesome. Especially the Intercom lines. Sonic's and Tails' characterization? I've seen a lot better.

- ANY criticism of Ryan Drummond's voice acting ability.

- Less of an opinion and more of an indisputable fact - The fact that Amy predated Sally Acorn. The BAWWING on a stamp I made that pointed this out was hilarious in all of the denial and butthurt.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think the VA for Sonic in Sonic Schoolhouse was Sonic's best VA ever. His voice and delivery were top-notch.

• Thumbs Up 7

- Less of an opinion and more of an indisputable fact - The fact that Amy predated Sally Acorn. The BAWWING on a stamp I made that pointed this out was hilarious in all of the denial and butthurt.

I think I remember being the first one to point that out because the Sonic manga update was dated April 1992.

It's so sad that site has gone down now. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

• I personally never found Orbot or Cubot to be funny at all. Shitty slapstick and puns were never my thing, and I personally think the characters should be retired.

• I hate Blaze. She's boring and a useless character anymore.

[*]Shadow should not have any powers. They make him too strong and trying to fit them into the story is a lost cause. When you strip him of his powers, what is he besides a recolor of Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Unleashed was the last Sonic game that Sega and Sonic Team seemed genuinely excited about, an attitude very apparent in the blogs and marketing and one that is most apparent in the game's world-building, and that the fallout of the mixed critical consensus- which in many respects was unfair- is directly responsible for the two proceeding games lacking an incredible amount of heart and immersion, and in turn they're by-the-numbers affairs whose ever-hailed consistency is not enough to offset just how underwhelming they ultimately feel once you're done playing them.

I JUST made a status similar to this, what a coincidence! Agree.
  • Thumbs Up 1

... I'm not really seeing this thread ending well. But, for the purposes of this thread:

I prefer Sonic Colors's story and writing over that of the Sonic Storybook Series. It just gels with me more, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 4

- I honestly am one of the few who still think they should bring back the Chao Garden.

- Sonic Generations is probably my favorite Sonic game, and my favorite game ever.

That's all I got right now...

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't care much about the plot of Sonic games. If future titles had about the same or even less story than Colors or Generations, I wouldn't really see it as a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

- I honestly am one of the few who still think they should bring back the Chao Garden.

- Sonic Generations is probably my favorite Sonic game, and my favorite game ever.

That's all I got right now...

I want the Chao gardens back!! You are not alone :.0 Edited by SuperJXJ
  • Thumbs Up 6

Alright, preparing myself for lots of hate-mail in 3...2...1...

Sonic Adventure 2 is my least favorite 3D Sonic game, and I legitimately had more fun playing '06 despite it's glaring flaws. Why? It has the same exact problem as Sonic Unleashed, you're forced to play as boring characters with repetitive and tedious missions to advance through the storyline. One of the great things about Sonic Adventure is that you can actively choose your preferred character and switch between different play-styles instead of constantly being tossed back and forth through linear Sonic levels and missions that play absolutely nothing like a Sonic game. Another reason for my dislike of the game is how it started the "Sonic in the Real World," gimmick that Sonic Team kept shoving down our throats until 06, when they finally realized that our beloved blue hedgehog and realism do not work well together. The entire package is a poorly-paced mess that was trying too hard to be unnecessarily darker and edgier to appeal to today's youth, with Shadow the Hedgehog taking this a step further off of the deep end. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's the worst Sonic game ever, but it's nowhere near as perfect as many Shadow Fangirls Fans claim it is.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't care much about the plot of Sonic games. If future titles had about the same or even less story than Colors or Generations, I wouldn't really see it as a bad thing.

Colors was okay, but Generations in my opinion was just BLAND, it was too little story for what it was, and that's ignoring the loads of references and jokes that could've been made were instead added to the list of huge missed opportunities.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Generations Classic Sonic was broken as Sonic 4 Ep.1

overpowered game breaking spamdash,

retarded jump,

rolling doesn't work,

scripted slopes springs and loops,

bounce height fixed etc

• Thumbs Up 5

I meant it more in general, because I agree that Gens was a lost opportunity for more more jokes and references since it was an anniversary game.

retarded jump,

rolling doesn't work,

bounce height fixed etc

How is that unpopular? I and many people somewhat agree D: Edited by SuperJXJ

retarded jump,

rolling doesn't work,

bounce height fixed etc

Not really, it depends on the Framerate, Sonic 4 EP 1 was 60fps! while Sonic generations on consoles was 30fps (60fps can really improve your experience) the physics are not completely broken

While they may be smaller, I personally find Sonic 2 8-bit's level designs memorable and engaging, while I find Sonic 2 16-bit's repetitive and bland.

Sonic X is the best other-media spin-off of Sonic they've ever made. I wish the games would have storylines and character development even HALF as deep and emotional as Sonic X (I'm not saying it was amazing characterisation/story in general, but for Sonic it was just right).

More Sonic games should have lyrical in-level music. Not for EVERY level of course, and use instrumental versions for short missions etc so it's not being cut off before the chorus, but yes, I wish they'd use lyrical music more often. Secret Rings was my ideal Sonic soundtrack in concept (and one of my favourites in general).

• Thumbs Up 4