Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

I really don't like the way Sonic looks in SA2. He looks like he has something wedged indefinately up his backside. That and I don't like Soap Shoes. They're fucking huge and have a pointlessly complicated design. The simplistic elegance of his regular shoes are vastly superior.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 5

I think Jet would've worked better as a racer in All Stars Racing than Big.

Sonic 4: Episode I is better than Episode II.

There.

I fucking said it.

As a sequel to the classics....yeah I have to agree, Epi I > Epi II, classic sequel or no classic sequel. Despite all of the rehashing, poor physics, Bubble HA chains, clown music, etc. it still had some proper resemblance of the classic games, and Episode II could had been the start of something so much better. A game within the Sonic 4 saga that was closer to the classics or even improved on them in some fronts, a better game than Episode I, or even a good game by itself at the very least. But after all that feedback Sega/ST/Dimps received from Episode I, Colors, both versions of Generations, and CD that they received within a two-year span; they just blew it. Half-assed mandatory co-op partner. Incredibly dissapointing, to the point that I can't consider it an improvement, or even a sidestep to Episode I.

I think Jet would've worked better as a racer in All Stars Racing than Big.

I always wondered why the Babylon Rouges never appeared in ASR. And from the looks of it, they won't appear in Transformed either.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

Is this thread still getting posts?

I thought my thread would've faded into obsecurity by now.

Seems you all haven't burnt out of opinons just yet.

Edited by Hannah Montana

Seems you all haven't burnt out of opinons just yet.

And from the looks of it, we never will.

- I love Spinball

- I don't like Sonic CD; worst Sonic game I've played through and beaten, imo

- I prefer the Genesis version of 3D Blast

- I like the Emerald hunting stages in the Adventure games, though I preferred them in Adventure 1

- Shadow should've stayed dead at the end of Adventure 2 (is this unpopular? ^o.o> )

- I didn't mind Big's stages in Adventure 1

- Generation's final boss is frustrating as hell

• Thumbs Up 1

- Generation's final boss is frustrating as hell

Pretty sure that's how most feel.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Heroes is, all things considered, a more fun game than Unleashed. Heroes gameplay was mostly kinda fun, which to me makes it better than Unleashed where about 25% of the gameplay was really fun but about 75% was boring as all hell.

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think Heroes is, all things considered, a more fun game than Unleashed. Heroes gameplay was mostly kinda fun, which to me makes it better than Unleashed where about 25% of the gameplay was really fun but about 75% was boring as all hell.

Eh, the HD versions also had a rather high Werehog-to-Hedgehog ratio.

It was 50/50 in the HD version, and, with the extra acts and DLC, there were probably more Day levels overall.

Edited by Inferno

I think it was 50-50 in the HD ver. :U

EDIT: Ninja'd by Inferno.

Edited by Felix

Pretty sure that's how most feel.

Aah. Most people I've talked to think he's cake.

EDIT: Oh, and another one- I actually like Sonic R, the soundtrack included.

Edited by Ventisia

Uh, I prefer the Tails stages in SA1 over more than half of Sonic's stages. The remaining is pretty much equal in terms of how much I enjoy them.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was 50/50 in the HD version, and, with the extra acts and DLC, there were probably more Day levels overall.

There were a few more day levels, but the werehog definitely had more gameplay time.

I liked Marble Garden Zone because there was a lot of rings in that stage. And if you had a Thunder Shield (hoo boy).

I liked Neo Metal Sonic's design.

Bean should stay in the scrap heap. He looks to much like Jet anyway. Hell, don't you remember that Nintendo Power issue making a joke about Jet being bean?

Bark shouldn't come back either, even though I love Polar Bears.

Sonic Heroes>>>>>Sonic Adventure 2

Amy>>>>>>>Sally Acorn

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

There were a few more day levels, but the werehog definitely had more gameplay time.

Do you ever get the feeling that they measured the length of the daytime stages and the nighttime stages so they would be relatively similar in length, but forgot to factor in Sonic's Boost and the Werehog's slower speed?

Do you ever get the feeling that they measured the length of the daytime stages and the nighttime stages so they would be relatively similar in length, but forgot to factor in Sonic's Boost and the Werehog's slower speed?

Forgetting to factor in what is arguably the defining feature of a gameplay style is a whole new level of incompotence.

Then again it is Sonic Team...

Edited by Mr. Zurkon

I don't think this is unpopular as much as just not thought of, but I like the whole Mobius: X Years Later from the comics enough that I would like to see a game adaptation. I think there's some potential in there.

Wii version?

Yes, Wii version, I should have specified that. I haven't played as much of the Xbox360/PS3 version, but enough to know that the Sonic - Werehog ratio, in terms of actuall gameplay time, leans heavily towards the latter in that version too.

Edited by batson

Actually, I'd say that the Werehog is just longer than the Hedgehog parts of the game. The HD was pretty equal with the two styles in terms of the number of levels.