Celestia Ludenberg

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Well there's the Big Arms boss in the 3DS version...

While on Generations, Sky Sanctuary, as much as I dislike it's inclusion, I feel it's better than the original level. And despite there being 4 city levels, I would be keen to replace only one. Even more unpopular still, it's City Escape, one of the most popular stages of all time (SA2 version, anyway).

Well, I like Shadow and he's one of my favorites. That's always a good start.

I enjoy a lot of Sonic Underground music.

I think Silver actually has a lot of potential to be cool if done right.

I liked Fleetway Super Sonic's cute, confused state.

I think some of Ken Penders' proposed designs look kind of cool. I also hold his view of Sonic's first name being Ogilvie to be legitimate regardless of what Ian Flynn says.

I'm sure there's more but those are off the top of my head.

Let's see...

I don't like Sonic in Sonic Colors. I think he sounded more like a moron than the wisecracking hero they were trying to portray. Someone could say " Geez, Azure Nald, but from what I can get, according to your about me page, you like AOSTH. Isn't Colors' script like that?". Heck no, at least from my eyes. Aosth was wacky, sure, but it was a cartoon that had nothing to do with the games, except three or four concepts. And I like my Sonic canons separated, thank you. I like El Grand Gordo, but I don't want him in the game canon.

I don't like Roger Craig Smith as the new voice of Sonic, I think Griffith was way better, voice-wise.

Speaking of voice actors, Dan Green Knuckles is my favourite Knuckles.

I like Sonic Advance 3. I like almost everything about it, except Toy Kingdom.

Sweet Mountain is one of my least favourite Sonic levels. EVER. It looks more like a Mario level than a Sonic one, and while I like (or I used to like, considering my thoughts about Galaxy) Mario games, I think that the level designs should not mix like that.

Until Orbot and Cubot will not fight, in some way, directly against Sonic, I'll think of Scratch and Grounder as superior assistants for Dr. Robotnik.

I just can't hear "Reach for the Stars". I think of it as an abomination that will get stuck on your head even if you dislike it.

Edited by Azure Nald

-I don't care for the Metal Sonic battle in Generations that much

-I HATE with a passion the Shadow battle in Generations as well

-I don't like the themes from Colors (especially the over-synthesized ending)

I really don't like the way Sonic looks in SA2. He looks like he has something wedged indefinately up his backside. That and I don't like Soap Shoes. They're fucking huge and have a pointlessly complicated design. The simplistic elegance of his regular shoes are vastly superior.

Edited by Scar

Sonic 4: Episode I is better than Episode II.

There.

I fucking said it.

As a sequel to the classics....yeah I have to agree, Epi I > Epi II, classic sequel or no classic sequel. Despite all of the rehashing, poor physics, Bubble HA chains, clown music, etc. it still had some proper resemblance of the classic games, and Episode II could had been the start of something so much better. A game within the Sonic 4 saga that was closer to the classics or even improved on them in some fronts, a better game than Episode I, or even a good game by itself at the very least. But after all that feedback Sega/ST/Dimps received from Episode I, Colors, both versions of Generations, and CD that they received within a two-year span; they just blew it. Half-assed mandatory co-op partner. Incredibly dissapointing, to the point that I can't consider it an improvement, or even a sidestep to Episode I.

I think Jet would've worked better as a racer in All Stars Racing than Big.

I always wondered why the Babylon Rouges never appeared in ASR. And from the looks of it, they won't appear in Transformed either.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

- I love Spinball

- I don't like Sonic CD; worst Sonic game I've played through and beaten, imo

- I prefer the Genesis version of 3D Blast

- I like the Emerald hunting stages in the Adventure games, though I preferred them in Adventure 1

- Shadow should've stayed dead at the end of Adventure 2 (is this unpopular? ^o.o> )

- I didn't mind Big's stages in Adventure 1

- Generation's final boss is frustrating as hell

I think Heroes is, all things considered, a more fun game than Unleashed. Heroes gameplay was mostly kinda fun, which to me makes it better than Unleashed where about 25% of the gameplay was really fun but about 75% was boring as all hell.

Edited by batson

Eh, the HD versions also had a rather high Werehog-to-Hedgehog ratio.

It was 50/50 in the HD version, and, with the extra acts and DLC, there were probably more Day levels overall.

Edited by Inferno

Eh, the HD versions also had a rather high Werehog-to-Hedgehog ratio.

I think it was 50-50 in the HD ver. :U

EDIT: Ninja'd by Inferno.

Edited by Felix

Pretty sure that's how most feel.

Aah. Most people I've talked to think he's cake.

EDIT: Oh, and another one- I actually like Sonic R, the soundtrack included.

Edited by Ventisia

It was 50/50 in the HD version, and, with the extra acts and DLC, there were probably more Day levels overall.

There were a few more day levels, but the werehog definitely had more gameplay time.