Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

I don't think this is unpopular as much as just not thought of, but I like the whole Mobius: X Years Later from the comics enough that I would like to see a game adaptation. I think there's some potential in there.

Nah, I'd say that was unpopular. M:XYL needs to be put down.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mephiles wasn't a good villain. He was a mediocre villain in a mess of terribly characterised and extremely stupid heroes. This becomes especially apparent at the end of Shadow's story, where Shadow actually decides to use half his brain.

Though I'm not sure how unpopular this is, I have seen a fair bit of positive reception for Mephiles even though he as a character isn't particularly exceptional at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

This will be really unpopular, but...I don't really care that other characters aren't playable in platformers, thinking about it. Most of my researchy enthusiastic bread and butter has always been spin-offs. As long as they can keep up with the juice there and not have the simplistic platformer approach seep into there, I'm dandy for now.

• Thumbs Up 3

This will be really unpopular, but...I don't really care that other characters aren't playable in platformers, thinking about it. Most of my researchy enthusiastic bread and butter has always been spin-offs. As long as they can keep up with the juice there and not have the simplistic platformer approach seep into there, I'm dandy for now.

Sonic Gen is a glorified level pack for Sonic Unleashed.

This isn't an opinion so much as being plainly false. Sharing the same general gameplay with a previous game does not equal being an "expansion pack" for said game.

The Werehog wasn't too bad, medal hunting ruined Unleashed HD.

Sonic Gen is a glorified level pack for Sonic Unleashed.

Opinions and all, but Generations has so much of it's own individual (and recreated) content.

This isn't an opinion so much as being plainly false. Sharing the same general gameplay with a previous game does not equal being an "expansion pack" for said game.

Really? Because I thought I was playing Unleashed with nostalgia tacked on, not to mention it was a major step back from Unleashed with its hand holding.

Generations blows.

Really? Because I thought I was playing Unleashed with nostalgia tacked on, not to mention it was a major step back from Unleashed with its hand holding.

Generations blows.

...So what? That you have a negative opinion of it doesn't make it a mission-pack sequel.

I would understand people calling Generations a glorified level pack of Unleashed (beyond frustration) if Unleashed had Classic Sonic, the boatload of characters, the more zany and less inconsequential story, the mission types, one singular hub that housed everything, and a glorification of nostalgia under its belt.

But it doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 4

not to mention it was a major step back from Unleashed with its hand holding.
Haha, like Unleashed didn't hold your hand.

When it wasn't just chucking you into a pit, anyway.

What hand holding are you talking about?

Can only jump on certain walls.

Rings can only be light dashed on if they've got that aura around it.

Even though Omochao is optional he still needs to remind you that springs can be jumped on to reach high places.

If this game is for the fans then I'm sure we've seen plenty of springs.

Remember when you could jump on any wall in Unleashed? that was cool

Edited by Morrigan Aensland

Guys, the Sonic Team topic just got locked for that argument. Nobody's gonna win this, let's just drop it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember when you could jump on any wall in Unleashed? that was cool

No, you couldn't.

I would understand people calling Generations a glorified level pack of Unleashed (beyond frustration) if Unleashed had Classic Sonic, the boatload of characters, the more zany and less inconsequential story, the mission types, one singular hub that housed everything, and a glorification of nostalgia under its belt.

But it doesn't.

Classic Sonic was a substitute for the werehog, 2 different play styles and what not, and missions were in Unleashed as well.

No, you couldn't.

Yes you could.

Sonic Unleashed was NOT realistic enough!

Cartoon style blows!

Realistic style FTW!

Classic Sonic was a substitute for the werehog, 2 different play styles and what not,

Since Sonic Colors has power-ups, I guess that makes it a carbon copy of Sonic 3 then?

and missions were in Unleashed as well.

Mission types, not missions.

Even if I were to agree, that goes back to my rhetorical question: Sonic and the Secret Rings has missions. That must mean it's a level-pack extension every other Sonic game with missions???

Your similarities as stated are too vague to warrant being meaningful.

Guys, the Sonic Team topic just got locked for that argument. Nobody's gonna win this, let's just drop it.

I actually completely forgot about this. Indeed, let's move on.

Another unpopular opinion of mine: The most enjoyable, hilarious, most attention-catching, and arguably best song in the entire franchise is the Mid-Boss Theme from Sonic 3. It's all about the Michael Jackson.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Classic Sonic was a substitute for the werehog, 2 different play styles and what not, and missions were in Unleashed as well.

Classic Sonic is still quite different from the Werehog though. For one thing, Classic Sonic doesn't play like GOW like the Werehog did.

Each level in Generations has 5 missions for both Classic and Modern, and all the missions are fairly different from each other. Unleashed's missions were about speed, the amount of enemies you could beat, and the amount of rings you collected. The missions in Generations Offered different objectives in nearly all of them. The only one that was the same was the doppelganger one.

Yes you could.

And no one really gave a damn that you could anyway.

Oh ya. I forgot about that. My bad.

Edited by Mephiles550

Sonic Unleashed was NOT realistic enough!

Cartoon style blows!

Realistic style FTW!

Well, atleast Sonic looked like he fitted in with the cast, still hard to imagine Green hill zone fits in with places like Spagonia and what not

Well, atleast Sonic looked like he fitted in with the cast, still hard to imagine Green hill zone fits in with places like Spagonia and what not

06 or Unleashed? Not sure what you're referring to. huh.png

06 or Unleashed? Not sure what you're referring to. huh.png

Sonic Unleashed, dear. Are you still watching the 06 playthrough btw?

The humans look too realistic when compared to Sonic, he looks like a guy in a costume.

Sonic Unleashed, dear. Are you still watching the 06 playthrough btw?

The humans look too realistic when compared to Sonic, he looks like a guy in a costume.

Ironic, since there's a guy in a Sonic costume in that game. laugh.png

Yes, I am. I just have to deal with my Internet crapping out every few minutes to get back to it. sleep.png

Ironic, since there's a guy in a Sonic costume in that game. laugh.png

Yes, I am. I just have to deal with my Internet crapping out every few minutes to get back to it. sleep.png