Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

Shut your damn mouth.

I'm sorry, but isn't the purpose of this thread for people to express their views on things? The guy at least gave a little justification as to why he doesn't like the game, so as a result you have no right to give such a one dimensional reply.

• Thumbs Up 7

Shut your damn mouth.

He doesn't have to. It's a thread about opinions remember?

Season 2 when Sally and Dulcy shamelessly took their roles?

To be fair though Dulcy was forced on the writers by the network.

To be fair though Dulcy was forced on the writers by the network.

Don't see how this is an excuse for a lack of broad character usage in season 2.

I never played the Nintendo Wii before Sonic and the Secret Rings came out. I had a lot of trouble controlling Sonic in more than a few spots. I played it all the way through, and my opinion is that Secret Rings sucks because of its lousy control system.

Also, how the hell was I supposed to know that I had to speed break into that giant ball of energy to hit that stupid Genie? There was no incentive whatsoever! Usually in video games, it's not a good idea to charge into a big ball of energy that your enemy throws at you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your second statement reminds me of the problem I had with Time Eater. I had no idea the supposed final attack maneuver was indeed the final attack maneuver because there's no actual indication it's as such; as far as I was concerned, it was just a new phase in the overall boss, so I would get through the blast but not continue dashing into him. This lead to an infinite loop of going through blasts until I ran out of rings. The second time, curiosity overtook me and I actually beat the stupid thing. It finally made me understand the woes with the Carnival Night barrel.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think Secret Rings having bad controls is an uncommon opinion at all. Especially since on top of any troubles you might have with motion controls to begin with, the problems are added to by the fact that they give you worse control over Sonic at the beginning, which you must slowly improve as you level up (though you may be fed up with the game before you get to that point).

Edited by Ekaje

I think Scott Drier (sp?) is the best voice actor for Knuckles. Travis Willingham is good, but he makes Knuckles sound too much like Dan Green! why not use your Roy Mustang voice damnit!

And am I the only who misses him? He hasn't been in any major Sonic games except for Generations, but that was almost like a cameo! Ffs SEGA! Guess there's no more Knuckles fans left except for me... D:

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm starting to hate Unleashed, between the abysmal controls, the longevity of the Night stages, and the sheer dickery of the Medal collecting, I'm being severely turned off by it. It's not a bad game by no means, but it makes Generations looks like the best Sonic game in the series, and I don't even think Generations is all that great either.

The medal collecting was my only real problem with that game I think.

I think Scott Drier (sp?) is the best voice actor for Knuckles. Travis Willingham is good, but he makes Knuckles sound too much like Dan Green! why not use your Roy Mustang voice damnit!

And am I the only who misses him? He hasn't been in any major Sonic games except for Generations, but that was almost like a cameo! Ffs SEGA! Guess there's no more Knuckles fans left except for me... D:

Scott Drier was awesome, and you're defo not the only one who misses Rad Red. :(

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm sorry, but isn't the purpose of this thread for people to express their views on things? The guy at least gave a little justification as to why he doesn't like the game, so as a result you have no right to give such a one dimensional reply.

• Thumbs Up 2

Notice I use the word damn... it was a joke.

Except people often use the word damn seriously for emphasis. Exactly how were they suppose to know it was a joke?

Because I was responding to a quote about Shadow's game which uses the word damn alot. That and I didn't use an exclamation point, and didn't make a long speech about how I think he's wrong.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Because I was responding to a quote about Shadow's game which uses the word damn alot. That and I didn't use an exclamation point, and didn't make a long speech about how I think he's wrong.
It still didn't work, dude. Like, at all. Your post was literally indistinguishable from someone being an ass.
  • Thumbs Up 7

It still didn't work, dude. Like, at all. Your post was literally indistinguishable from someone being an ass.

It's not like I normally respond to someones post telling them to simply shut their mouth because I disagree with them. I don't think I've ever done that. If you see a pattern in that kind of behavior you should be able to tell if someone's being an ass. What should I have done? Emphasize the word damn, maybe make it bold, post a pic of shadow? Relax. I've seen people joke around like that. I wasn't even mad, it was simply for giggles.

It's not like I normally respond to someones post telling them to simply shut their mouth because I disagree with them. I don't think I've ever done that. If you see a pattern in that kind of behavior you should be able to tell if someone's being an ass.
I don't make it a point to memorize the posting trends of everyone on the board. And what about people who are new to the board?

What should I have done? Emphasize the word damn, maybe make it bold, post a pic of shadow?
Yes, emphasizing the "damn" would've helped. Make it look like something that would not actually be said by someone angry about a game they like being bashed. Better would've been to save that joke for when someone actually brings up the game's language, tho'.

Relax.
I'm plenty relaxed, man, I'm just telling you: you botched that joke hard, and it made you look like an ass.

Can't we just call it a misunderstanding?

Anyway, on the subject of Scott, I liked the way he sounded, but I thought his acting was terribly bland. He always sounded extremely chill, more so than Sonic, which doesn't gel with my idea that Knuckles is ignorant, hotheaded, and prone to getting frustrated. Even in situations where big emotional reactions weren't necessary, he still came across as just way too stoic and calm for the character. Dan and Travis are significant improvements in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 3

That was his charm though, I don't want Knuckles to be a hot headed moron. I want him to be chill and in the rare cases he does get angry, he gets steaming mad. Scott was a great voice for Knuckles because he was able to give Knuckles some depth, at least to me.

• Thumbs Up 5

That was his charm though, I don't want Knuckles to be a hot headed moron. I want him to be chill and in the rare cases he does get angry, he gets steaming mad. Scott was a great voice for Knuckles because he was able to give Knuckles some depth, at least to me.

I don't make it a point to memorize the posting trends of everyone on the board. And what about people who are new to the board?

Yes, emphasizing the "damn" would've helped. Make it look like something that would not actually be said by someone angry about a game they like being bashed. Better would've been to save that joke for when someone actually brings up the game's language, tho'.

I'm plenty relaxed, man, I'm just telling you: you botched that joke hard, and it made you look like an ass.

On the subject of Knuckles:

Drier has the better sounding voice for Knuckles, but Travis and Dan are the better actors

With Drier, it's pretty much how you'd expect a guy like Knuckles to sound; gruff, and macho but like Nephtene said, his acting was so boring and unemotive that it made Knuckles far too chill, instead of the hot head(read, not idiot) that he's supposed to be. He definitely got better by the time Advance 3 and Battle came around though, ironic how his best performances were on handhelds.

With Travis and Dan, his voice is just way too high pitched, it's just unfitting for the character; I'm not saying I want him to be growling on every word, but adding some baritone to his voice would make the "tough guy" attitude a lot more believable.

Basically a combination of Drier's voice, and Travis/Dan's acting please.........or fuck it, just make him sound like Roy Mustang that's the only thing I want.

Everyone on the board and especially that shadow good and bad topic have been saying how terrible the game is. Why would I pick one user and simply tell them to shut up when most everyone else have been saying the same thing?

I genuinely do not have your posting habits memorized, so I really would not have known if you were serious or joking.

There's the issue then. I know how people will act or post on this forum if they post a lot and come here a lot. And I assumed that kind of mental note for everyone else who comes here a lot. And even if you are a newbie I didn't think I'd have to emphasize damn. I thought people would get that. People who snap would say a lot more than that.