Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

There's the issue then. I know how people will act or post on this forum if they post a lot and come here a lot. And I assumed that kind of mental note for everyone else who comes here a lot. And even if you are a newbie I didn't think I'd have to emphasize damn. I thought people would get that. People who snap would say a lot more than that.

My apologies for the initial assumption sir. The joke flew straight over my head XD

My apologies for the initial assumption sir. The joke flew straight over my head XD

Now all I need is an apology from everyone else and I'll be happy as a bird.

I'm sorry, but isn't the purpose of this thread for people to express their views on things? The guy at least gave a little justification as to why he doesn't like the game, so as a result you have no right to give such a one dimensional reply.

Thanks for defending me, but I am not offended. Years of browsing 4Chan's /b/ have taught me not to be offended by anything on the Internet.

On another note, I am achievement hunting '06 and so, not only my opinions, although unpopular, are definitely more unbiased, but I still stand behind them. I thought 100%'ing this would be much more painful than Unleashed, but as long as you install the game on the 360's hard drive, the loading times are more tolerable.

And I am having A LOT OF FUN with Sonic '06. Bite me.

Edited by tenchibr

Knuckles doesn't have to be moronic, but I do expect him to display some traits of his lost clan, mainly being a fiery warrior prone to confrontation. But this even goes beyond a characterization issue for me. The noticeable lack of emoting beyond mere intrigue or a little confusion in Dreier's and even Michael McGaharn's acting was just always a complete turn-off. It made Knuckles boring. Humphrey was actually given the character most prone to being calm and introverted, but he could still sound devious, or arrogant, or shocked, or commanding, or annoyed through his tones and delivery. Dreier and McGaharn just gave nothing. :|

I absolutely disagree. I far prefer that calmer Knuckles over the hot-headed one. I thought it was nice compliment to Sonic. He's much more generic now. The acting worked well to the way he was portrayed back then. I don't see how he didn't emote, though, even he was mostly calm.

I absolutely disagree. I far prefer that calmer Knuckles over the hot-headed one. I thought it was nice compliment to Sonic. He's much more generic now. The acting worked well to the way he was portrayed back then. I don't see how he didn't emote, though, even he was mostly calm.

Except Sonic is generally the laid back and easy going one, so......yeah two characters with virtually the same personality is kind of boring, plus how is him being hot headed any more generic than if he was calm? He at least has an excuse from being descendant of a bunch of hot blooded warriors, so.....yeah, how does him being calmer make more sense?

Except Sonic is generally the laid back and easy going one, so......yeah two characters with virtually the same personality is kind of boring, plus how is him being hot headed any more generic than if he was calm? He at least has an excuse from being descendant of a bunch of hot blooded warriors, so.....yeah, how does him being calmer make more sense?

Laid back and easy going isn't the same as calm.

Edited by MarcelloF

Laid back and easy going isn't the same as calm.

Then please tell me the apparent difference?

I think that all of Cream and Espio's voice actors/actresses sound the same.

I don't see how he didn't emote, though, even he was mostly calm.

Rouge blatantly choked Knuckles out once, and there was nothing in his actual tone to indicate that it hurt, or that he was surprised she'd do that to a complete stranger, or that he was annoyed; nothing. Being on Xanax is what Knuckles always sounded like, no matter the situation, which is not emoting or preferable to generic if there's actually some acting there. And again, it didn't have to be that way. Shadow isn't very extroverted character prone to big outbursts of emotion either and Humphrey knocked it out of the part regardless because he could appropriately and clearly convey the different emotions of the character through his tone of voice.

Rouge blatantly choked Knuckles out once, and there was nothing in his actual tone to indicate that it hurt, or that he was surprised she'd do that to a complete stranger, or that he was annoyed; nothing. Being on Xanax is what Knuckles always sounded like, no matter the situation, which is not emoting or preferable to generic if there's actually some acting there. And again, it didn't have to be that way. Shadow isn't very extroverted character prone to big outbursts of emotion either and Humphrey knocked it out of the part regardless because he could appropriately and clearly convey the different emotions of the character through his tone of voice.

But he did emote! It was much calmer than Dan Green, but you can hear different emotions in his voice the whole time. You can hear anger, surprise and annoyance during that cutscene.

I blame the choking part more on SA2's sloppy editing.

Really? Because I didn't hear any real emoting at all. I just heard him talking as he normally does. He did call Rouge an idiot afterwards, but the way in which he did it was hardly derisive. If anyone insulted me with the amount of cut Dreier put into that word I would honestly consider them to be joking with me.

I kinda like Travis Willingham as Knuckles. He sounds like Dan Green but with better acting and I don't even like Dan's Green take on Knuckles. :| Now his voice is really growing on me.

I'm not really a big fan of Knuckles voiceactors in the Adventure series either. In some cutscenes he sounds too bored and monotone for me like he don't want to be there.

Edited by sonfan1984

Unpopular opinion; Knuckles wasn't calm in the classic games, he was always a hothead when something was amiss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular opinion; Knuckles wasn't calm in the classic games, he was always a hothead when something was amiss.

Unpopular Opinion #2: I like Knuckles as a hothead, it makes him less of a Piccolo expy.

• Thumbs Up 1

"STONE FISTS!"

I thought Scott emoted pretty well, imo. I liked his tone of voice, though he did sound like he needed an extra espresso or two in the recording booth at times.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

"STONE FISTS!"

I thought Scott emoted pretty well, imo. I liked his tone of voice, though he did sound like he needed an extra espresso or two in the recording booth at times.

He didn't really emote all that well until Heroes and Sonic Battle, where he was finally able to make Knuckles sound like the hot blooded fighter he is.

I guess Sa2 can just be chalked up to it being his first time voicing the character.

I actually like the more calm, chill, intelligent knuckles from SA2. Maybe that had to do with the original voice actor.

• Thumbs Up 6

I actually like the more calm, chill, intelligent knuckles from SA2. Maybe that had to do with the original voice actor.

Probably, most of his lines were read so dryly, it was hard to even tell what his emotions were.

Probably, most of his lines were read so dryly, it was hard to even tell what his emotions were.

I don't know why, but I actually liked that. I like him being chill. It fit well with his rap music. He started out as a hot head devious guy and then matured is how I looked at it. He's not even in the games anymore, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I don't know why, but I actually liked that. I like him being chill. It fit well with his rap music. He started out as a hot head devious guy and then matured is how I looked at it. He's not even in the games anymore, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

It's not even him being chill, it's just that he sounds so bored and tired, even Shadow had more emotions than Knuckles did in SA2.

But like you said, neither one of them appear much anymore, so it's a moot point.

Edited by The Batman

I think Generations balanced the intelligence right for him (with...what little there was of him). He was still hot-blooded, but could use that fuel to get under (classic) Sonic's skin and be smug.

I think Generations balanced the intelligence right for him (with...what little there was of him). He was still hot-blooded, but could use that fuel to get under (classic) Sonic's skin and be smug.

This is what ultimately pisses me off about Generations in general, the potential for good characterization was there, but nothing came of it.

• Thumbs Up 5