Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

Unpopular opinions eh? Well I enjoyed sonic 4 episode 1 I like heroes, I find sonic 4 episode 2 more enjoyable than sonic 1, I like cash cash super sonic racing, episode metal is awesome imo, like sonic 4 episode 1 and 2's music, metal sonic boss battle theme sonic 4 episode 2 is better than stardust speedway bad future japan

Wow, this is the hottest topic we've had in a while.

I may as well post another:

...I don't like Sonic Unleashed, at least not as much as I thought I would. I mean yeah, it looks good and the presentation is wonderful..but..its lacking in so many things that just make it unfun for me. Werehog bored the hell out of me, Sonic controls like ass when trying to play-through the first time around, and even then unless you practice your ass off, its still hard as balls. Medal collecting is tedious, and a cheap way to "lengthen" a game, and the game overall just feels underwhelming compared to the hype it had.

On that note, I find the newer games....forgettable if that's the correct term? As in, I have no desire to go back and play them. They're good games, but they just feel like something you'd playthrough once, and be done with it. They don't have a lasting impression on me, they just feel.....empty, like something's missing. Sonic may not suck anymore, but he's not exactly a revered franchise either; they're just.....ok, they're not bad, but not exactly something that would get people interested either.

• Thumbs Up 3

Make more nostalgia goggles genesis Sonic clones.

I don't mind the changes they make. I'm surprised Sega even listens to it's fanbase

"NO DON'T DO THIS!!" GREEN EYES? GRRR DAY 1 PIRATE!"

Okay but that didn't really answer my question.

When people say that "SEGA is afraid to take risks", what exactly do they mean by that and what do they suggest Sega to do? Cause in the past whenever they took huge risks it ends up being too drastic and people hated it.

Maybe they should come up with ideas that aren't out of context with the franchises's nature? Ya know, not stupid shit like Guns, Werehogs, and Fishing? its not that their ideas are bad, they're just badly executed.

What do you mean?

What I meant was I don't find the tracks he composes to be very interesting. In the case of the Episode 2 original tracks (not counting Stardust Speedway which was just based off an existing track anyway) I don't like the instruments or the arrangement since I find Jun's music to be rather generic and not very memorable. I find his tracks don't even come close to the music other composers have made for the series over the years either.

Controversy tiem:

I've had more fun with SA1, 2, Unleashed, Colors, and Generations than I ever had with Super Mario 64 or Galaxy.

gun.jpg

You may fire when ready.

I keep reaching for the gun...but my hand keeps hitting an invisible wall...why can't I grab the gun. ;A;

Just kidding, tbh I did too, though I had a blast with SM64 when I played it initially almost 10 years ago, same when I played Galaxy.

Edited by Inferno

I keep reaching for the gun...but my hand keeps hitting an invisible wall...why can't I grab the gun. ;A;

Just kidding, tbh I did too, though I had a blast with SM64 when I played it initially almost 10 years ago.

I still have a special place for 64, though, mostly out of nostalgia.

Edited by Slash

People hated SM64?

Nope quite the opposite. So opposite that they would take any criticism against the game as a personal insult and would lynch you if they had the chance...

Edited by Slash

Is this topic Unpopular Mario Opinons now? AWESOME!

-Galaxy 2 was kinda boring.

-NSMBWII is even more boring, and pretty bland as well to be honest.

-Super Mario World is better than Super Mario Bros 3......

wait, nevermind.

Heres a new one. I think Silver could be a really good character. While currently hes in that same void as most of the other Sonic characters, I think he has a lot of potential to be a favorite of mine, it helps that his new voice makes him a lot easier to like.

Edited by The Groosenator
  • Thumbs Up 2

-NSMBWII is even more boring.

wait, nevermind.

Heres a new one. I think Silver could be a really good character. While currently hes in that same void as most of the other Sonic characters, I think he has a lot of potential to be a favorite of mine, it helps that his new voice makes him a lot easier to like.

I agree with EVERYTHING in this post, even the crossed out stuff.

Super Princess Peach is the only Mario game I like and played to the end. I've never beaten another Mario game to the end.

Rosalina from SMG2 I think is a babe.

15g22o.png

• Thumbs Up 1

SM64 is somewhat aged now, but I still get a huge kick out of it even it the fan hacks of it. I can see why people may not like it too much nowadays with other Mario games out. Just as long as you don't trash DK64, that game is truly a priceless diamond that has not aged very much at all

SM64 is somewhat aged now, but I still get a huge kick out of it even it the fan hacks of it. I can see why people may not like it too much nowadays with other Mario games out. Just as long as you don't trash DK64, that game is truly a priceless diamond that has not aged very much at all

The controls seem aged. That's probably the only thing I hate about it. Mario would never walk in a straight line.

Speaking of 64 games.

Star Fox 64 still holds up even today.

Here's a number of supposedly unpopular opinions of mine:

- I really do have to agree with Nepente and the others about Unleashed having the last Sonic game to have something within it. Although I did enjoy Sonic Colors, Generations, and even Sonic 4: Episode I initially, nothing about them is calling me back to replay them. Sonic Unleashed I'm somewhat regretting that I haven't played it in a long while, but that's probably that I still haven't finished the game.

- Agreed that the Werehog was an OK idea, just didn't work in a Sonic game.

- Totally agreed that Mecha Sonic > Metal Sonic. It doesn't help that SMBZ turned Mecha Sonic into even more of a badass (even though Mecha Sonic is actually just Metal Sonic in a Mecha Sonic skin).

- The S3K PC tracks that replaced some of the other ones are underrated, and some of the redone tracks in the same game I perfer over the original tracks (Death Egg Act 1 for starters).

- Big's fishing stages (as well as the character himself) are seriously overhated. If you know the controls and you know what to do, you can finish his entire storyline (that consists of four stages-four stages, folks), he probably has the least amount of stages (I think, Amy might have had the least amount).

- Despite being incredibly dated as hell, I now think Sonic Adventure 1 might be better than Adventure 2 (although it doesn't help that I haven't played Adventure 2 recently)

- When you ignore the Darker and Edgier aspects of the game, Shadow the Hedgehog (game) can be kinda fun. Also like Heroes as well as Knuckles' Chaotix, whose rubber-band co-op buddy system I find superior to that of Sonic 4 Episode II.

- I don't care what anyone says about him being a Sonic recolor, I hope Mighty is brought back someday, maybe even as a fourth member of the Chaotix. Who should also get more screentime as well.

- Knuckles shouldn't be getting the shaft as a main character he's been getting since 2008, ME or no ME.

- I don't mind Amy's random panties shots in the Advance/Adventure games (they even come off as humorous to me at times). And I would like to see her be more involved in future Sonic stories as well as become playable. Oddly enough, I from the sounds of it, I think Amy's gameplay in the Advance series sounds a bit too removed from the basic jump, run, and roll gameplay IMO.

- Cream and Cheese I find to be unnecessary characters that should appear less/stop appearing. Same with Blaze (isn't really interesting to me).

- Sonic 4: Episode II (as well as Episode Metal) just has way too many missed oppurtunities of improvement for me to consider it improved or "better" than Episode I, I'd consider it a "sidestep" as Copley Hill Zone from Sega Forums coined it as, or maybe (as the reviews go) worse than Episode I in terms of being a sequel.

- I liked the first Riders game and the Babylon Rouges. Don't like Zero Gravity or Jet's new VA for Free Riders.

- Although I don't want another Sonic Adventure game, I would like to see a return of the Adventure gameplay formula, which I kinda perfer to the Unleashed gameplay forumla.

Edited by Zinos

The controls seem aged. That's probably the only thing I hate about it. Mario would never walk in a straight line.

Speaking of 64 games.

Star Fox 64 still holds up even today.

-NSMBWII is even more boring, and pretty bland as well to be honest.

wait, nevermind.

Just kidding, tbh I did too, though I had a blast with SM64 when I played it initially almost 10 years ago, same when I played Galaxy.

Now imagine if we had said all this somewhere else like... NeoGaf... unsure.png

- Big's fishing stages (as well as the character himself) are seriously overhated. If you know the controls and you know what to do, you can finish his entire storyline (that consists of four stages-four stages, folks), he probably has the least amount of stages (I think, Amy might have had the least amount).

what's the secret to beating those stages?

I seem to just win them by...whatever.

Sometimes I'd spend hours with the hook in the water waiting for froggy even though I have lots of G

When I don't have any G I can catch froggy sometimes no problem

I heard it's got something to do with the analog stick. But I dunno.

If I remember correctly, you need to flick the control stick down once a fish grabs your line so you can actually secure the hook. After that, reeling them in is super easy. Figuring out that little tidbit actually made Big's levels far more enjoyable for me. They're calming little time-wasters.

ShTH should get a sequel.

I agree, I actually like Shadow and I would't be against a sequel to his game done right.

I always instinctively pushed down on the control stick when reeling a fish in, so I guess that's why I always found Big's stages really easy? XD

Anyway, I've been trying to think of any other 'unpopular' opinions I have. This probably has more to do with one's experience rather than opinion, but I've never had any issues with the camera in most 3D Sonic games (Sonic Adventure and SA2 do give me the occasional issue though). Heck, I don't think I've ever even had one of those 2D in 3D/3D in 2D glitches in any of the Modern stages.

This might be me, but I'm fine with the difficulty in the modern games. I just wish the games themselves were longer and/or had extra stuff to replayability. The challenges in Generations were alright IMO, but they're not enough on their own. More playable characters would be great but that's not really an unpopular opinion around here, is it?

Aside from a few things that I think could be improved, such as the story (or character interaction, at least), I do genuinely like the modern games and find them just as quality as the classics. Not sure how unpopular an opinion that is...

Oh and

ShTH should get a sequel.

I wouldn't hate that at all. But it would NOT be worth all the fan rage.

Edited by ElementofChaos7

Alright, I absolutely hate Sonic Adventure 2, I think Hydrocity zone is the worst Water stage in Sonic, and the second worst S3&K zone, I legitimately like Sonic Heroes (don't know if that's too unpopular), I like Sonic Generations storyline and writing, and I think Sonic CD is a crap game with poor level design.