Awoo.

The Guilty Pleasures Thread

Johnny Boy

Oh and as some other people have stated, I also get a kick out of the Bayformer movies (the first and third ones. I hate ROTF with a fucking passion). Hey I have Megatron as my avatar it's pretty much obvious I would have a soft spot in my heart for these films.

The Bayformer movies ruined alot of characters but that's just me

Starscream wasn't the awesome 'mischevious Decepticon plotting to take over' guy I knew him to be and Optimus Prime broke out of character in the 3rd movie.

I don't like their designs much or the fact it mostly focused on Sam's love life.

I still wished they aired the G1 series here. Also the 1986 movie was great.

Such a great OST

With great tracks like

and

Edit: Sorry if I was fangirling and coming off as nostalgic

Edited by Alice Twilight

The Bayformer movies ruined alot of characters but that's just me

Starscream wasn't the awesome 'mischevious Decepticon plotting to take over' guy I knew him to be and Optimus Prime broke out of character in the 3rd movie.

I don't like their designs much or the fact it mostly focused on Sam's love life.

I still wished they aired the G1 series here. Also the 1986 movie was great.

Such a great OST

With great tracks like

and

Ah! 1986 Transformer another guilty pleasure!

I prefer the Non sequitur usage of Dare to Be Stupid:

This movie didn't make a lot of sense! happy.png

Edited by BW199148

Dude stop jumping the gun. I don't think she hates all the fanbase she was probably exaggerating there, maybe see encounters a lot of fantards (which there are many just the like Sonic fanbase has)? Not everybody likes the show as much as some of you guys do, I think she is entitled to her criticism now to she elaborated herself a bit more in her second post.

I do agree with her I get sick of see it everywhere I go on the internet, you can't even search for an image on Google without running into something FiM related amongst your search.

I actually like the first Care Bears movie and the TV show, now the second one that is a guilty pleasure!tongue.png

Well, I'm sorry if I took that way when she bluntly stated that she hated every brony that lives. What was I supposed to think? It's plain text. But yeah, I never said she wasn't allowed to her criticism. Especially when she explained a bit better in her second post.

And yeah, I do agree that it's everywhere. that can be a bit annoying but I run in to more TF2 and anime stuff than I do FiM for some odd reason. I actually haven't come across something FiM related by accident for a few months now. Things that get popular are bound to start popping up. Be it because of people trying to shove it down your throat(Fans like that are annoying) or by coincidence(Which is oddly how I got interested in the Sonic series).

I've never seen the second Care Bears film or the show. Probably should at some point.

TROLL 2.

Need I say more? Between the horrible special effects, the bizarre plot, the hilarious memetic lines, the random fly on the guy's forehead, the crazy logic of the goblins being vegetarians despite eating people turned into plants, the fact that nothing is referred to as a troll ever, and how little sense it all makes.

Also, judging by reactions in this thread, MLP:FiM is a recent one for me, kind of got hooked on it, it's so cute and funny tongue.png I did used to get really pissed off seeing it everywhere though, before I watched it, so I can see where people who say that come from. It's similar to anything else though, but the only real "fad" thing about it is that it's My Little Pony. In and of itself, it's just a fun cartoon.

And judging by reactions on the internet, Sonic 4 Episode 2 is approaching this, except I genuinely enjoy most of the game rather than liking it because it's bad (because I think it's okay overall).

Oh yeah Space Jam was great, need to watch that again! I have so much nostalgia for that movie.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Ah! 1986 Transformer another guilty pleasure!

I prefer the Non sequitur usage of Dare to Be Stupid:

This movie didn't make a lot of sense! happy.png

haha, I wouldn't say it's a guilty pleasure it's a pretty solid movie, since it's the originals.

And yeah, they killed off alot of characters.

Oh yeah Space Jam was great, need to watch that again! I have so much nostalgia for that movie.

That 1h 30m commercial for that basket ball player?

I'll need to watch that again. I remember having my first lesbian crush on Lola from that movie. I was a strange kid.

Stupid sexy animals!

Well, I'm sorry if I took that way when she bluntly stated that she hated every brony that lives. What was I supposed to think? It's plain text. But yeah, I never said she wasn't allowed to her criticism. Especially when she explained a bit better in her second post.

And yeah, I do agree that it's everywhere. that can be a bit annoying but I run in to more TF2 and anime stuff than I do FiM for some odd reason. I actually haven't come across something FiM related by accident for a few months now. Things that get popular are bound to start popping up. Be it because of people trying to shove it down your throat(Fans like that are annoying) or by coincidence(Which is oddly how I got interested in the Sonic series).

To be fair I'm glad it's dying down. It was actually pretty cool to be a brony when the show started out, but it got big and it happened, and no I'm not judging the fanbase on a few bad apples. They're fairly common where I live and all over the internet. There are these two dudes in my college class who force it into Presentations.

I've got nothing against you lovely bronies who keep it to yourself.

I'm not here to make enemies I was telling you all my guilty pleasure.

If I was a brony I wouldn't have said it was my guilty pleasure. I felt I needed to expand and clarify why it's my guitly pleasure.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.

Edited by Alice Twilight

I'm still trying to figure if booze is a guilty pleasure. Its gives pleasure and I'm guilty of it. :P

Also some of my music is a guilty pleasure.

haha, I wouldn't say it's a guilty pleasure it's a pretty solid movie, since it's the originals.

And yeah, they killed off alot of characters.

Your serious? I have watch several time it still doesn't make sense also just because its the original series doesn't make it good.

That like saying G1 MLP is better G7 MLP because it was first.

I think you have a strong case of Nostalgia Goggles there! wink.png

I'm going to second fanfiction, but in a different way. You see, it is possible to find good 'fics if you look hard enough, but there's a specific genre that's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me: parodies. Not necessarily parodies of the source material (I rarely even find those, and they're usually just plain bad rather than "so-bad-it's-good"...) but parodies of other fanfics. It can be especially amusing when they parody really common 'fic plots in that particular fandom.

I hate when fanfics are barely readable (grammar and spelling-wise) though, and sadly a lot of parody fics tend to go with that rather than my preferred "decent grammar/spelling, but so-bad-it's-good actual story".

That being said I do prefer ordinary fanfics. Heck, the reason parody/trollfics are a guilty pleasure is because I kinda hate that they give other fics a bad name. :P

It's a stupid fad that won't be around next year.

See, I don't really understand this "it's just a fad" thing. There are genuine fans of the show, believe it or not. It's just as valid a fanbase as any.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember having my first lesbian crush on Lola from that movie.

I love Lola Bunny

I've never seen the second Care Bears film or the show. Probably should at some point.

Anime is everywhere but it tends to be different kinds of anime. Team Fortress 2 yeah about a year or so ago you couldn't avoid it but it didn't and doesn't actually bother me like FiM does.

I actually was a fan of FiM (I didn't consider myself a Brony, I never like that label before it became infamous) but I got bored of it. sleep.png

I do find it ironic that before MLP: FiM became popular I was watching MLP: Tales and I was worried about changing my avatar here to express my interest in that show.

MLP is similar to Sonic fanbase in that there a many good fans, but it has fair share of people that just take it too far, take it too serious or won't shut the fuck up about it, I also heard the guy who owns Equestria Daily is a bit of a pervert, its not just MLP related.

Anyway at Christmas I have a guilty pleasure I like to watch Home Alone 1 and 2, hell I'll even watch 3 (which was at least done by John Hughes) which I don't like much and I haven't dared to watch the 4 one.smile.png

Anyway at Christmas I have a guilty pleasure I like to watch Home Alone 1 and 2, hell I'll even watch 3 (which was at least done by John Hughes) which I don't like much and I haven't dared to watch the 4 one.smile.png

I was watching Home Alone 1 and 2 just a few days ago!

Guilty pleasures don't come much more guilty, or more pleasurable :)

i_nanny_i.jpg

Guilty pleasures don't come much more guilty, or more pleasurable smile.png

i_nanny_i.jpg

Want an awful cover, yep that is a guilty pleasure, I prefer Suburban Commando! tongue.png

Guilty pleasures, huh? Okay I'll bite.

-TMNT (2007 film) One of my favorite movies, but I probably mostly say that since I watched it around the time I got into Ninja Turtles which was back in 2005-2006. Sure the movie focused more on Leo and Raph's relationship rather than all four turtles, Max Winters was poorly build up to be a villain even though it's shown from the beginning he knows he made a mistake and the films' real villains are rather forgettable. But the positives outweigh the negatives for me. The characters and interactions are done well and the animation is good (perfect example is the Leo vs Raph scene). While I don't think it's better than the original 1990 movie, I still find the same enjoyment I got from watching it the first time when it came out.

TROLL 2.

This movie is quite possibly the best movie in the world to watch with your herd of derpy friends XD.

I have seen many Amazing Movies. Pulp Fiction, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Ghostbuster Movies, Blues Brothers all great fun and Awesome landmarks in Pop Culture...

but there is one Movie wich I consider my alltime favourite, a Film wich burned into my mind for years to come, one Movie, I would never forget....

Supermariobros.jpg

thats right, Fuckers.

it's a Bad movie and a Terrible Adaptation, but to me it hits the sweetspot in terms of Badness just right. Not Great, but not completeley terrible enough to be Unwatchable.

it's the Ultimate "So Bad it's good Movie" to Me, Luigi has no 'stache, Bowser is a more like a Less-funny Dr. Evil, and the Goombas....

dwetd3.jpg

Close enough

bottom Line, I love the Super Mario Bros Movie, I can fully understand why many people Hate it, but to me it's always fun to watch.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 2

Your serious? I have watch several time it still doesn't make sense also just because its the original series doesn't make it good.

That like saying G1 MLP is better G7 MLP because it was first.

I think you have a strong case of Nostalgia Goggles there! wink.png

Nostalgia? I wasn't even alive when the show was first airing.

What the heck are you talking about, bro?

The original was better.

The action was great in the new movies but it felt like I was watching Sam with guest appearences from the Transformers.

The characterization was better in the orginal. There was barely any character development from either side just felt like a movie where Michael bay wanted to show off his new effects and explosions.

Sorry I got the impression that you were especially when you said this:

Anyway no, that is your opinion and I never said Bay film was better either.

Better character development? Most of main Transformers were killed off in the first half of the film so there is little room for there to be character development you spend the half of film getting to know these characters only for them to be killed off and be replaced, also if you hadn't seen the TV show or bought the toys you would hard time following it and remembering all the characters.

I have seen many Amazing Movies. Pulp Fiction, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Ghostbuster Movies, Blues Brothers all great fun and Awesome landmarks in Pop Culture...

but there is one Movie wich I consider my alltime favourite, a Film wich burned into my mind for years to come, one Movie, I would never forget....

Supermariobros.jpg

thats right, Fuckers.

it's a Bad movie and a Terrible Adaptation, but to me it hits the sweetspot in terms of Badness just right. Not Great, but not completeley terrible enough to be Unwatchable.

it's the Ultimate "So Bad it's good Movie" to Me, Luigi has no 'stache, Bowser is a more like a Less-funny Dr. Evil, and the Goombas....

dwetd3.jpg

Close enough

bottom Line, I love the Super Mario Bros Movie, I can fully understand why many people Hate it, but to me it's always fun to watch.

Not a single thing wrong with that movie :P

P.S. Street fighter's actually pretty great too

This film. Especially the part where that snooty English guy gets devoured by huge bad CGI snake. I have an evil gasm when I see that! :P

I look more forward to Madagascar 3 and Ice Age 4 than Brave.

I'm not so much of a fan of Pixar.

I look more forward to Madagascar 3 and Ice Age 4 than Brave.

I'm not so much of a fan of Pixar.

I'm a huge pixar person but I'm with you on looking forward to Madagascar 3, Brave looks sweet as well.

Lots of generic, wangsty rock/metal bands. I simply cannot tell you how many times I have listened to Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory album, Breaking Benjamin's We Are Not Alone or Creed's Human Clay. I'm not even sure why I like it so much, especially considering that there are much better bands I could be listening to, but eh, that's why it's a guilty pleasure, amirite?