Awoo.

Your E3 Wishes

Patticus

Every year at E3, somebody's wildest dreams are realized after god knows how many years spent waiting, while others' are dashed upon the rocks of reality. Usually it's the latter that holds true more than the former, but given how everyone has different desires, different wants, different criterion for that one special announcement / reveal / demo / etc, there's always somebody who's pleased as punch after the event, even if most of us wind up sorely disappointed.

So,n6z5F.jpg

What are your biggest hopes and dreams for this year's highly anticipated E3 event?

Do try to give a short description of why you want x, y and z too, please. I'd rather not have to lock this topic up due to rule violations.

For my part, I'm wishing for three things:

Wish #1: Quake V

Why: It has been forever since Quake got its last outing and, while Q4 was a bitter disappointment in many areas, I love the universe which id forged with Q2 and its expansions, and I dearly hope we see something of the game soon. It would just about make my year to see this one debut at E3 out of nowhere.

Likelihood: Not happening. id seems to have a habit of alternating between Doom and Quake, pioneering new engines on the former and refining them on the latter. I doubt we'll even spy a new Doom for a year or two, and even when it does come it'll probably be at QuakeCon rather than E3.

charliebrown.gif

Wish #2: To get really excited about the Wii-U

Why? I want them to show me all the cool things it can do, tell me about and show me the great exclusives and multi-platform games we can expect around launch, explain to me in a language I can comprehend the online system and everything else. I want to shut off the feed to their conference when it ends excited to distraction.

Likelihood: Sort of probable. Nintendo has been pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to getting me excited; some years they knock my socks off, others they fail even to raise a smile. I hope this year is of the former variety, rather than the damp squib of the latter.

Wish #3: Anything new to do with GTA, Metro, Metroid, Rage, Sonic, Star Wars, Warp, Zelda, and whatever other games I like.

Why? They're my most cherished game series', some of which I grew up with (and still view with a certain sense of nostalgic awe), others I discovered more recently and became very attached to in a very short space of time. It's only natural to hope for good news regarding them, right?

Likelihood: Certain... for some at least. I've spread the goalposts as wide as can be for this one. I can't fail to be pleased! Can I?

• Thumbs Up 3

The Wii U Mario game, I PRAY for it to be something fresh and original, especially after the "we don't giva fuck" announcement of NSMB2.

Right now I just want Retro studios to actually announce what the fuck they are working on right now. All they've really mentioned is that they're working on another Ninty IP, and by fuck the rumours are all over the place... Starfox, Metroid, Starfox and Metroid, DK, I mean hell, there was even a rumour that they were working on fucking Eternal Darkness of all things. It's incredibly hard not to get jaded about it when rumours switch hands that fast - I'd just rather they told us what they're fucking up to so all this hearsay can finally end.

• Thumbs Up 2

I want to see what's in the works with retro right now. This starfox/metroid crossover rumor is really killing me I want them to kill it or confirm it. Either way I think whatever they got going will be pretty interesting.

I want to see what the hell they got going for the wii-U, will it be an amazing lineup like at nintendo's E3 2010 or will it be a laughable display like at E3 2008? Remember this?

I want to see more of 3DS

Did Valve learn to count to 3? I predict it will be like this:

[media=]

And of course, what is Sega going to do (or not do) this year? Will it be the annual game or will they skip it and make more DLC for generations? ...or will they do nothing at all?

Edited by Prince Solaris

Dammit, I wrote a bunch and then it got lost...ed. I'll just abridge my thoughts.

-Nintendo: Give us something fresh. Not through gimmicky controllers, but through genuinely inventive gameplay. Either take an existing franchise in a new direction, or give us a new IP. Mario hasn't been creative since 2007, let's get those creative juices flowing!

-I really want to see Pikmin 3. It's been confirmed, so I can rest easy, but it just has so much potential. New gameplay innovations? More areas? Interactive menus on the Wii U controller? Gorgeous HD graphics to show us the new locations and inventive creature designs? I'm dying to see it, so I hope they don't disappoint.

-I'd like a new 3D Rayman. Unlikely, since Legends is being developed as a 2D sequel to Origins, but I much prefer Rayman 2 and 3 to 1 and Origins. The 3D titles just have so much more atmosphere. Rayman 3 is like something out of Tim Burton at times, while Origins is pretty much a Saturday-morning cartoon. Which is fine, but I just think the more Burton-esque style fits Rayman more, and the 3D gameplay is much more interesting.

-I also want to see what Retro's got up their sleeves. They haven't made a bad game yet, so I have faith that whatever they show is gonna be great. ESPECIALLY if it's Star Fox related.

-Speaking of Star Fox, let's see what's up with the Star Fox/Metroid Fusion Saga crossover. Maybe Fusion Saga could be a new franchise, each title combining two different Nintendo universes? I'd be down with that. For now I think I'd rather have a pure Star Fox game, but if this gets announced I'll still be happy.

-More info on Assassin's Creed III - I am not a follower of AC. In fact, I don't own any AC game. But an action game set in the American Revolution just sound very unique and could provide for some very interesting experiences. I'll keep my eye on this one.

-And lastly, any info on Super Smash Bros. 4 will be greatly appreciated. Waiting for Brawl was painful, and from the looks of it, the wait for SSB4 is gonna be even worse.

Overall, I just want more creativity. New IPs, more risks, more gameplay innovations, and less bland shooters. Indie games always get creative, and I want to see that same level of creativity in the big-name companies.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not planning on getting my hopes up, but I'm actually kinda hoping that Euclideon and their Unlimited Detail rendering system turns up at E3 to blow everyone's socks off and prove all the nay-sayers wrong. I know the internet is pretty much divided over it and whether it's even real (even though I think there's now plenty of evidence that it is), but I really do hope something substantial comes out of it, because it has the potential to do a considerable amount of good for the industry in general for multiple reasons, and E3 would be the perfect arena to gain a ton of exposure.

Conker Sequel

I've been wishing for it every E3 since 2005

Sadly, Rare is mostly a zombie making 'casual' games for MS now, so this is highly improbable.

Mario hasn't been creative since 2007, let's get those creative juices flowing!

Have you even played 3D Land? There's a fuckton of creativity in that game.

My one e3 wish more than anything is this...

I want Capcom to say HAHA JUST KIDDING MEGAMAN FANS HERE IS MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 WE WERE WORKING REALLY HARD ON IT THIS LAST YEAR.

sad.png

Chance of it actually happening??:

200px-Zero-mmx.png

Wah.

Other than that I'd really like to see whatever SEGA's got cooked up. Other than that I'm not really interested in this years e3 like I have been in previous years to be honest.

Edited by DesertPunk
  • Thumbs Up 3

495wii-vitality-sensor1.jpg

This godly gift of the new century

In all seriousness a new megaman game, one certain wish in particular, a sequel to ZX/ZX advent being some of my favorite megaman games.

Especially since it ended on such a somewhat shocking cliff hanger.

[media=]

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually yes, man, if that happened - a ZX game for the 3DS/Vita - I'd probably end up exploding all over my room. Of course that means I'd not be able to actually play the game because I'd be dead...but still.

I think the ZX series is pretty underrated, but they're two of my favourite games in the MM franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you even played 3D Land? There's a fuckton of creativity in that game.

I have. It's a great game. But that is the game I always bring up whenever the creativity of Mario gets discussed. To be honest, I think it's the LEAST creative that Mario's been in a while. It brought back a bunch of elements - Tanooki suit, shrinking when hit, those shadow Mario chase things, etc - but what NEW things did it bring to the table? Pretty much nothing. It was just a compilation of old ideas with the added 3D visual depth. It felt like Galaxy Lite. It's a very fun and solid game, but it was NOT creative compared to games like Sunshine and Galaxy.

I just want Mario to try something new. Throw in some new gameplay elements, just change things up some how. And for the love of god, try a storyline that doesn't involve Peach getting kidnapped. There's tradition, and then there's just doing the same thing over and over again. I'd like to see a Mario game with 3D platforming like Galaxy, but with an interesting story and likable characters like Paper Mario.

• Thumbs Up 2

I found 3D Land boring. Once you go Galaxy 2 it's hard to go back to whatever 3D Land was, granted it was still a good game.

Anyway, I want the reveal of the next main 3D Sonic game that shows other playables, preferably Shadow and Knuckles. Why? I want to see if Sonic Team is still clinging to the Unleashed formula for dear life and I'm ready for other freaking playables that isn't effing Tails of all characters. Also, the next main 3D Mario title that's as breathtaking as Galaxy. Also, I want Nintendo to show me they haven't turned into pompous jerks who are above fan input.

ALSO (nah I ain't done yet), RAYMAN LEGENDS.

Also a slew of interviews from Takashi Iizuka, Koji Kondo, Miyamoto, and other interesting people.

In addition to all of this, I DEMAND official confirmation that Dimps is banned from making handheld ports of mainstream titles and that they are no longer allowed NEAR Sonic 4.

.......I think that's it. Now the probability of me getting ALL of this? lolololgtfo

EDIT: Now how could I forget this last one....

SONIC GENERATIONS DLC CONFIRMATION.

EDIT 2: ALSO, a Sonic game for Vita!

Edited by SuperJXJ
  • Thumbs Up 2

While I think it's too soon for a new main Sonic game, I would like to see Sega announce DLC for Generations or maybe even a full fledge expansion pack.

Otherwise I'm not really that interested in E3 this year. Or at least not at the moment.

ZX3

THIS. THIS. SO MUCH. I WANT TO SEE ASHE AGAIN, DAMN IT.

Really? Where?

Not trying to dump on that game, I loved it, but it didn't really offer anything new and creative. tongue.png I dunno if a new Mario will be announced, though. I mean, NSMB2 was just announced recently.

I have. It's a great game. But that is the game I always bring up whenever the creativity of Mario gets discussed. To be honest, I think it's the LEAST creative that Mario's been in a while. It brought back a bunch of elements - Tanooki suit, shrinking when hit, those shadow Mario chase things, etc - but what NEW things did it bring to the table? Pretty much nothing. It was just a compilation of old ideas with the added 3D visual depth. It felt like Galaxy Lite. It's a very fun and solid game, but it was NOT creative compared to games like Sunshine and Galaxy.

I am amused. You focus on the obvious things, but my point had nothing to do with those. As far as the core gameplay mechanics go, it is meant to be a 2D Mario game in 3D. That's pretty much the point.

No, where the creativity shines is in the levels. The devs threw out the old "one theme for each world" setup, instead doing whatever the fuck they wanted, which resulted in a ton of variety for each level (except the special worlds, but those are obviously meant to be 'hard mode'), introducing new and fun level design and level gimmicks, or playing around with old themes, and even sometimes having entire levels that revolve around original gimmicks - the most memorable levels, IMO, are the musical switch-blocks, and the level with the wooden platforms and the sawblades.

'Change' is sometimes good, but creativity can shine just as much when working with old concepts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since when a new Sonic game has been announced in the E3?

Transformed is Sonic's top game this year and that's already announced.

• Thumbs Up 2

I want Ape Escape 4. I like to hate on 3 sometimes, but all of the main games were pretty enjoyable at the core. It is my favorite Sony IP, and I just want another excuse to bring Soichi Terada back on board to make some more ass-spankin' tunes. That soundtrack he released of AE1 shows just how much he seems to care about that game's music.

Speaking of fourth games, my avatar as of this post indicates what I also would love to see. I only just recently got into Rayman as a whole, but all of the main games are pretty damn solid, and 2 and 3 have a swell 3D formula, especially 3. Origins is still kind of my favorite of the four, but damn, I really would give anything to see the mythical Rayman 4 come to life someday. It also needs another kick-ass opening like this one from Rayman 3.

What else do I want... I want Treasure to announce their next big game for the major platforms, because I am a huge faggot for Treasure. I want a new Mega Man game with high-quality hand-drawn art and animation, because I'm tired of the 8-bit style and I want Capcom to make something that could rival the likes of Rayman Origins. I want Viewtiful Joe 3, Okami 2, F-Zero X3/GX2, and Star Fox 128, because these are all sequels everyone has been wanting in their respective series due to being cut short (except in Okami's case... eh).

And the last thing on my wishlist? Kirby Air Ride 2. I'd take another Kirby spin-off over a sequel to the recent Wii game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Its already been said, but I MUST know what the hell Retro Studios has been keeping busy with lately. I imagine whatever it is has been in the works since 2009, as I can't imagine DKC-R seriously required the entire team. I would literally shoot all bodily fluids out from every oriface if they've been making a Wii-U Metroid (be it Prime-styled, 2D, or something new). However, I will wait in line for whatever they are making, regardless of what franchise it is. I cannot stand these rumors any longer. Starfox, Metroid, both, DKC, hell I even remember Yoshi's Island being mentioned at one point. I must know!

I also want to see other Wii-U related material to draw me in. I want to finally know if the Wii U is really the Nintendo 360, a PS3.5, or something truly next-gen. I want to see this new 2D Mario and see truly a next step for the 2D Mario series, and not just another Mario 3 tribute with the same lazy graphics and art style. I want Super Mario 4 damnit!

First and foremost I want a new Megaman or Megaman X game to be announced. Though I am willing to settle on ZX/ a new series.

Oh, I have but one wish.

Pokémon Black-2 and White-2 coverage, much? :D

I want Super Mario 4 damnit!

Also, need I remind you what Super Mario Bros. 4 is!?

Super%2BMario%2BBros%2B4.png

There.

• Thumbs Up 1

- Star Fox Wii U. 64 is still one of my favorite games ever and I like Assault (Even the ground missions, but multiplayer is where it shined)

- Some awesome Kirby announcements for his anniversary.

- A new 3D Mario and some glances at SOME originality in NSMB2

- a 3D Donkey Kong game. Returns was great, despite disappointing me in many things, but I want a new 3D title. Nintendo plays things even safe than SEGA and it's annoying.

- Zelda 3DS. Really curious to see where Nintendo's going to go with the 3DS games

- Star Wars Imperial Commando. I wasn't ever really a fan of squad based FPSs, but I absolutely loved Republic Commando

- Paper Mario 3DS. C'mon, Mario RPGs are with Pokemon my favorite RPGs. Show something on this!

- Tons of Wii U information

- Luigi's Mansion 2. Played it at Gamescom last year and thought it was really fun, even if it needed some polish in some points. Pretty excited for this

- Pikmin 3

- Smash Bros 4

-I'd like a new 3D Rayman. Unlikely, since Legends is being developed as a 2D sequel to Origins, but I much prefer Rayman 2 and 3 to 1 and Origins. The 3D titles just have so much more atmosphere. Rayman 3 is like something out of Tim Burton at times, while Origins is pretty much a Saturday-morning cartoon. Which is fine, but I just think the more Burton-esque style fits Rayman more, and the 3D gameplay is much more interesting.

This so much. I've been wanting Rayman 4 for 9 years now . From the little I've played of Rayman Origins is really fun, but doesn't really feel like Rayman to me.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

3D Mario Wii-U game: The Galaxy games were both great, but I can't wait to see Mario make the jump to HD. I want to see all the fun and creativity of those games in a brand new package that takes advantage of a powerful new system. An open-world game would please me greatly.

Metroid Wii-U: I want Nintendo to have a good showing of the Wii-U at E3, and I think for them to be successful they need to show off an HD Metroid game. I can think of a lot of great uses for the Wii U controller in a Metroid game, plus it should look stunning. If Nintendo wants to highlight some of the Wii-U's strengths in a "mature" game, this is the franchise to use.

Luigi's Mansion 2 News: I love Luigi's Mansion, so Im hyped to see more of this.

Super Mario Sunshine 2: Sigh...it's not gonna happen, but this would elicit a very strong fangasm. Sunshine was a really unique Mario game, and a sequel would be sweet on the 3DS. I'll settle for a 3DS port of the original.

Ape Escape 4: I won't hold my breath on this one either, but of Sony wants to make my E3 special they should definitely send AE4 my way. The Ape Escape games are very nostalgic for me, and I've been craving a sequel since 3 was released. It's a shame the franchise is so poorly used by Sony these days.

Rayman Legends: Enjoyed Origins, something new would be great.

The Last of Us News: I <3 Uncharted, so I'm intrigued by NaughtyDog's latest project. I hope we get some actual gameplay footage and we almost certainly will.

For Microsoft's Conference not to Suck: Speaks for itself really. Their conference has been shitastic the past few years, and I want something worth watching.

Surprises: This is really the biggest one. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, PLEASE, surprise me. Nothing beats the E3 reveals you don't see coming.

Putting this one on it's own...

Unreal Engine 4 for Wii-U: I feel greedy asking for this and know I'm looking to get let down, but the rumors are just so tantalizing. UE4 would absolutely make me more excited about the Wii U and the next generation all together. *Drools at thoughts of prettiness*

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 1