Awoo.

A Discovery in Sonic Unleashed

Jay H

The weirdest one of those I've seen, even though it's a bit different, was in Thunder Force V for Sega Saturn.

The strangest one I've seen are the Mario and Yoshi in MGS Twin Snakes. Because they were so out of place in that game.

Not even a reference to the mighty Dreamcast (or even a reference to Sonic Adventure, for that matter) will stop this game from being shite - Sonic Team aren't as clever as you may have thought.

RAAAR. Sega make shit game! I happen to think it was up there with the better 3D games. You love it or you don't.

Edited by Badnikz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic the Hedgehog '91, Sonic Adventure '98 and Sonic the Hedgehog '06 are Sonic's biggest games. The big 3. The handhelds are just there to milk the franchise.

what about heros?

what about heros?

That and SA2 were made by Sonic Team USA. Strictly by Sonic Team Japan, is Sonic 1, SA and 06. Now, of course, Unleashed as well.

Edited by redmenace

• 2 months later...

Those are also the years the consoles themselves were released.

EF-DC1998 - The Dreamcast was first released in 1998.

EF-MD1991 - The Mega Drive was first released in 1991

EF-XB2006 - The XBox 360 was first released in 2006.

I guess it could go either way really.

The 360 came about in 2005. It's the years of the games' releases, not the year of the consoles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Scratch this- I read your post wrong.

Edited by Blue Blood

Epic bumpage much.

Can anyone tell me what scene you could see a DC in. And maybe show a picture?

Too lazy to take a picture personally, but the opening scene where Eggman has his epic over-the-head button-press moment in order to fire his mega cannon, you can see a Dreamcast in the Egg Craft.

It's also seen during the Dark Gaia resurrection scene right before Eggman gets blasted off, although it's much harder to witness then. Although there is a Dreamcast case with a photo-shopped Sonic Adventure, instead having "Eggman Adventure".

Edited by Frog-Tan

Don't know if this has been mentioned but if you're playing Sonic Unleashed 360 version in HD, go to Pickle's Shamar lab and look very closely at a certain paper on the wall. It's hard to see but a newspaper headline says "Japanese Artists Explore". Could this be a sly reference to Sonic Team's use of the Hedgehog Engine as a means to 'explore' artistic possibilities in their games?

WOH! I never spotted the Eggman Adventure game! Here is a screengrab from a slightly higher quality youtube vid:

picture7lr.png

And here is a quick mock up I did of what it probably looks like:

eggman.jpg

The entire game is just blatant proof that Sonic Team isn't clever at all; the fact that they created a game as bad as Sonic Unleashed in the first place gives them the instant status of "total idiots".

Seriously, they should rename themselves to "Puyo Team", or "NiGHTS Team", and give up on making Sonic games altogether - leave that job to a decent branch of SEGA, such as AM2 or Smilebit!

Edited by Extaticus
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 12

This topic is just blatant proof that Sonic Team isn't clever at all; the fact that they created a game as bad as Sonic Unleashed in the first place gives them the instant status of "total idiots".

Seriously, they should rename themselves to "Puyo Team", or "NiGHTS Team", and give up on making Sonic games altogether - leave that job to a decent branch of SEGA, such as AM2 or Smilebit!

Are your a troll, a twat, or both?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Funny. I thought this was about Unleashed's easter eggs, not the degradation of a group of individuals just because they had the audacity to create a game you didn't like.

Anyways, I was actually never aware of the second Dreamcast in Eggman's vehicle, nor even the ridiculously narcissistic video game in there. Quite charming, to say the least, and it's put me in the mood to boot up the game and fool around in the hubs.

Anyways, I was actually never aware of the second Dreamcast in Eggman's vehicle, nor even the ridiculously narcissistic video game in there. Quite charming, to say the least, and it's put me in the mood to boot up the game and fool around in the hubs.

I wonder if the Dreamcast and game were holdovers from the deleted scene of Chip and Sonic playing the Dreamcast. Maybe the gag was that Sonic was playing an Eggman game. I'd pay Sega to see that!

I wonder if the Dreamcast and game were holdovers from the deleted scene of Chip and Sonic playing the Dreamcast. Maybe the gag was that Sonic was playing an Eggman game. I'd pay Sega to see that!

I have a hunch that the short and cutscenes were developed around the same time, and as such the Dreamcasts would've been merely a reference to further tie the media together instead of make up for a lost scene. Although, I agree-- I would've love to have see that myself.

Speaking of that, I have to wonder just how much of the film was changed and trimmed to its final version. As it stands now, such a scene would be extremely out of place and irrelevant, so I think there would have had to have been more antics and lead up between the two, perhaps little scenes reminiscent of the unlockable shorts. Oy, 11 minutes was just too brief.

WOH! I never spotted the Eggman Adventure game! Here is a screengrab from a slightly higher quality youtube vid:

picture7lr.png

And here is a quick mock up I did of what it probably looks like:

eggman.jpg

I love the fact that it's over Sonic's name, albeit unintentional (or wasn't it?).

Are your a troll, a twat, or both?

Neither; I just love having fun. Sonic Unleashed did not give me fun. Simple-as.

Don't like it? DEAL WITH IT.

Oh, and the fourth letter in the second word of the above post requires immediate removal; if you want your syntax to make sense, then use the correct words in the correct places, and don't be a slob with the keyboard.

There; I think we're even!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 9