Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

SA2 can be seen at 2:59 in the Xbox One backward compatibility announcement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Jesus, someone give shadzter an award!

Also, awww come on!!

Why doesn't Sony do the same thing instead of introducing their shitty Playstation Now...

Because it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do from a technical perspective.

CELL is horribly obtuse, is basically impossible to emulate - at least with the PS4's hardware, and recompiling PS3 games for PS4 would involve a fuckton more work than recompiling 360 games for XB1.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do from a technical perspective.

CELL is horribly obtuse, is basically impossible to emulate - at least with the PS4's hardware, and recompiling PS3 games for PS4 would involve a fuckton more work than recompiling 360 games for XB1.

...so if it's the Battle version... does that make it a port of a port of a port? =V

No, he had it right. It's portception.

No, because Xbox 360 games on Xbox One are simply running on an emulator. There is no porting of any code. Do some research before you blindly reply like that.

No, because Xbox 360 games on Xbox One are simply running on an emulator. There is no porting of any code. Do some research before you blindly reply like that.

There is no way in hell the Xbox One has enough CPU power to run a 360 emulator. And if that was the case, then all 360 games would run natively, not just the ones that Publishers okay.

So, considering BC works with discs, you're saying if I put my Mass Effect 360 disc into the drive, it becomes an Xbox One port?

So, considering BC works with discs, you're saying if I put my Mass Effect 360 disc into the drive, it becomes an Xbox One port?

Read what they're saying. You put in the disk, and it downloads the game off Xbox Live for free.

Show me that quote, please.

Apparently, I was wrong. 

It wasn't easy. It took some pretty dedicated engineering effort and very talented engineers. What they did was they created a software-based 360 emulation within the Xbox One architecture. So, when you put your disc in the drive, we're actually loading up an emulator, and then we put up a little portion of the Xbox 360 dashboard and you use that dashboard to launch into your game. You still have access though to all the great Xbox One features: game streaming, game DVR, screenshots. It works for digital games as well and your saved games do transfer. Gamers have put so much into 360 games, so much passion, energy, time, money, and that value I think is important for us to bring into the Xbox One story.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/18/xbox-one-backward-compatibility-how-it-works/

Now, how in the HELL they're managing this is ABSOLUTELY beyond me, because I SEVERELY doubted that they could manage to get an emulator running on the Xbone's weedy CPU. But this does beg the question, if this is really the case, then why is it that only certain games can be played?

I was mostly echoing what the guys working on the Xbox 360 emulator Xenia were speculating on, because as it stands it takes a LOT of CPU power to emulate Wii games.

Oh, no, you were right about it downloading the game off Xbox Live. It simply uses the disc as a "key" to know you have the game.

And yeah, I'm as shocked as anyone that they actually have an Xbox 360 emulator running on Xbox One.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Didn't know where else to post this. Sonic Adventure 2 modding has recently made huge advancements. Surprised this hasn't been posted yet