Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I want to know why that random girl yells out "STOP IT!" as the trailer starts.

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha, what would of happened if the word "3" appeared instead of 2? XP Everyone would scream even louder, causing the glass to shatter.

Edited by Dr. Horrible
  • Thumbs Up 6

Trailer was funny, but the people went totally crazy.

Good god Sega really sucks with marketing, like that was just really bad.

*From the Masters of Secracy*

*shows random Sonic pics*

*Comes the Adventure "no one" knew about*

*Sonic Adventure 2*

Yep, no one knew about SA2, especially when it was leaked a month ago.

How can a joke fly so high over a person? laugh.png

Edit: Gonna elaborate on why I think the trailer sucks. Making fun of leaks in the past is funny how? I don't see the humor nor brilliance in that at all. A stroke of brilliance would have been showing gameplay or making a teaser trailer that would actually be good and not well... "Hey guys, we've had leaks in the past, so here's a teaser making fun of that" Brilliance? I don't see it. I do see the joke, but I don't see many people laughing, especially when you know there's going to be more leaks in the future.

Admitting that your company has poor security, is funny and brilliant? If you guys say so.

Teaser was lame.

This is better, really. It shows SEGA can have some fun with their fans and laugh at their mistakes. We've seen gameplay 10 years ago. I can't believe someone is getting angry because they're making fun of themselves. Plus this is for Sonic Boom, which is clear by how it catered to fans, I doubt this will be the official trailer as non-fans won't get it.

Also, you do realize many of the leaks weren't even their fault?

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh. My. Gosh.

Sega I love you.

I'm seriously thinking about buying this game just because of this amazing trailer...

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, what would of happened if the word "3" appeared instead of 2? XP Everyone would scream even louder, causing the glass to shatter.

More like cause the entire area to collapse...

Edited by KrazyBean

Edit: Gonna elaborate on why I think the trailer sucks. Making fun of leaks in the past is funny how? I don't see the humor nor brilliance in that at all. A stroke of brilliance would have been showing gameplay or making a teaser trailer that would actually be good and not well... "Hey guys, we've had leaks in the past, so here's a teaser making fun of that" Brilliance? I don't see it. I do see the joke, but I don't see many people laughing, especially when you know there's going to be more leaks in the future.

Admitting that your company has poor security, is funny and brilliant? If you guys say so.

Teaser was lame.

Really? Only last time I looked... Sega wasn't the ones responsible for the leaks shown in that trailer.

1: In every leak for SA2, Sega have not been responsible. It has been Microsoft who have leaked this game, not Sega. Major Nelson's blog for the avatar items, the XBL Market place update (which also leaked the PSN version). The XBLA 2012 shop list, you can bet that came from someone who works for MS.

2: The other games shown in the trailer were also not leaked by sega. They were leaked by Microsoft.

3: Sonic 4 Episode 2 was leaked by Steam not by Sega.

Stil stand by that statement regarding Segas security?

Secondly... exactly what else could they do to announce this? We already know thanks to microsoft that this game is a HD update and we know quite a lot about it. At least they had some fun finally confirming what everyone knew and even took the blame for the leaks themselves when they didn't have to do that as they were not the ones responsible for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

...People are really THAT hyped over Adventure 2?

Wouldn't you be hyped over the re-release of a game that was likely your gateway game into the series?

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wouldn't you be hyped over the re-release of a game that was likely your gateway game into the series?

I wouldn've been more hyped if they actually announce a new game and not a port.

• Thumbs Up 4

Uh....not really, I started off with S3&K, but I wouldn't scream if they re-released that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not to that that point, or anywhere near it for that matter. They went full on apeshit for this.

I have to admit, the public's reaction made me laugh like an idiot.

I can't really say I'm excited for this port though, SA2 is one of my least liked Sonic games. I prefer SA1 WAY MORE than this game but eh, might pick this game up if it's not 15 bucks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stil stand by that statement regarding Segas security?

With all those microsoft leaks then that's telling Sega they need to do something about that, which they haven't.

Though if we're talking about Sega's security in general, then yes I do stand by that statement.

Secondly... exactly what else could they do to announce this?

The same way every other gaming company on earth does it, show a gameplay trailer or just simply announce it.

None the less, you like the way they show-cased the game, I don't, that's all. Simple as that.

With all those microsoft leaks then that's telling Sega they need to do something about that, which they haven't.

Though if we're talking about Sega's security in general, then yes I do stand by that statement.

The same way every other gaming company on earth does it, show a gameplay trailer or just simply announce it.

None the less, you like the way they show-cased the game, I don't, that's all. Simple as that.

Dude, you're really mad about this for no good reason. I suggest going outside.

Dude, you're really mad about this for no good reason. I suggest going outside.

What? That...makes no sense, where do I come off as mad?

Yeah because Sega has active control over what Microsoft puts on their website....

Wow, blaming the victims of a criminal attack, nice.

• Thumbs Up 6

The bottom line is SEGA had a bit of fun acknowledging the leaks. They didn't have to. Would Sony and Nintendo have done a reveal like that? I doubt it. You can appreciate SEGA's gesture. Makes them look a bit more down to earth.

Don't forget virtually all those links weren't SEGA's fault. It wasn't SEGA's fault that S4 Ep2 was released early on Steam or that the SA2 product page came up on XBOX site.

I have to say I am very impressed with how SEGA has handled the leaks since Ep1. No shit storms anymore.

All I am looking forward to now is play a HD Widescreen version of SA2. Oh and don't forget SASRT.

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yes, MST3K Mantra and stuff like that there...

Anyway, as much as I doubt that this will ever happen, online multiplayer would elevate my opinion of the game, like, exponentially. Well, that, and being able to play all of the action stages in it, too.

Oh my God, that was the best teaser I ever seen. SEGA officially made leaks into their marketing strategy biggrin.png So awesome that I'm ok with no game footage.

The way they are advertising this plus the hype they created at Sonic boom I hope this isn't just a straight up lazy port like SA1.

Wow, blaming the victims of a criminal attack, nice.

Okay, stop, look, and listen.

I did not say I was blaming anyone,

I linked to the Sega Forums attack which was an example of Sega's

Security being breached, where IF you actually read my post, I said IF we were talking about Sega in general, not relating to this topic.

You're just hurting my feelings bro.

I did? uh...sorry?

The way they are advertising this plus the hype they created at Sonic boom I hope this isn't just a straight up lazy port like SA1.

I dunno if they're gonna fix any glitches the original had, but Widescreen support and some subtle changes to the HUD already make this better then the SA1 port.

Edited by Nintendoga