Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Hmm. Odd. The SEGA store says you need an active Steam account, yet the game isn't available in the Steam store...

SEGA trolling us?! :D

Yaay. I only played someone else's version of this on the Gamecube, so now I actually get to finish the game. :D

Dayam SEGA, I'm such a sucker for you! :D

My 1st impressions of the PC version, quote from what I posted at Neogaf:

PC version is out, the port of SA2 is almost as good as the Jet Set Radio port, unlike SADX 2011, it supports alot of resolutions, and it looks good even in non 16:9 resolutions (like 1440x900). The game runs at 60fps.

The game doesn't have an option for anti-aliasing though, but for recent AMD/ATI graphics cards it's possible to force AA through the graphics drivers. No idea if forcing AA through the graphics drivers works for Nvidia cards, I can't test this since I only have an AMD card.

In a Radeon HD6850, both 4xSSAA and 4xMSAA worked fine at 1440x900.

Picture from SA2 PC at 1440x900 with 4xSSAA forced through the drivers:

sa2h.jpg

Edited by ezodagrom

What do you get when you purchase the SA2:Battle DLC?

The normal game seems to have all the multiplayer in tact. So what is the DLC for?

What do you get when you purchase the SA2:Battle DLC?

The normal game seems to have all the multiplayer in tact. So what is the DLC for?

Chao Karate and the gamecube version multiplayer (more stages, different characters for the multiplayer, I guess).

Chao Karate and the gamecube version multiplayer (more stages, different characters for the multiplayer, I guess).

Is it online multiplayer? I mean it seems really lacking if you don't include something new like that to it.

Is it online multiplayer? I mean it seems really lacking if you don't include something new like that to it.

It's the same as PS3 and XBox 360, no online multiplayer. :\

If I'm not mistaken, Chao Karate is required to get all emblems, I think...

Edited by ezodagrom

It's the same as PS3 and XBox 360, no online multiplayer. :\

If I'm not mistaken, Chao Karate is required to get all emblems, I think...

Well that's a fair $3 they're not getting from me.

It's essentially worthless to me. I bought the game for the fun of playing the game. If there was something to it that made it extraordinary I'd buy it. But the fact that they're using the same models and so on from SA2:B. It tells me that there's nothing new in terms of characters. It's otherwise worthless if you have the GCN version.

Thanks Ezoda.

Unless I'm mistaken on what you're saying, you've been able to force AA and Anisotropic filtering through nVidia drivers forever now.

Unless I'm mistaken on what you're saying, you've been able to force AA and Anisotropic filtering through nVidia drivers forever now.

I know that it's possible to force AA through the Nvidia drivers, but it's possible that Nvidia's AA method may not work. For example, in Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2, Nvidia's drivers AA didn't work, in Nvidia cards, the only way to get AA in Sonic 4 was with the tool Nvidia Inspector.

Some textures in SA2 aren't in HD.

Like Sonic would look really great but if you stand up against a wall it's really blurry/pixely

Shadow the hedgehogs model looks like it had no work done to it.

I'm not tech savvy so I don't really know what I'm talking about since it sounds weird saying 'only certain parts look like they're in HD'

It just looks it.

I kind of suck at SA2 so I haven't been able to get all the emblems on 360, but I've played it on Dolphin and the Green Hill stage is kind of boring anyway. xD Good to finally see this on PC.

Like Sonic would look really great but if you stand up against a wall it's really blurry/pixely

I'm not tech savvy so I don't really know what I'm talking about since it sounds weird saying 'only certain parts look like they're in HD'

It just looks it.

The only textures that they updated are HUD items. None of the character or scenery stuff is in HD. It's only HD because the game is now output at a higher resolution.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only textures that they updated are HUD items. None of the character or scenery stuff is in HD. It's only HD because the game is now output at a higher resolution.

Ah, I see.

So if I were to play this on a standard definiton TV it'll look like Sonic Adventure 2 on the gamecube?

I also noticed Tails didn't get an updated life icon and I think Eggman didn't either.

It looks like the owners of the PC version who want to pull off the glitch to get other characters into other stages are out of luck until some hacking tutorials/tools are developed for the game

Yeah but theres no point either since we can pull off shit like this now:

Also, OH GOD WHAT ARE THEY DOING OVER AT RETRO?!?!?!

vlcsnap-2012-11-21-09h09m38s251.png

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well it turns out you have to be connected to the internet at all times in order to play Sonic Adventure 2 for the PC. Otherwise this pops up:

jplib.jpg

It just looks it.

I always wanted to say, even when understood with PS3ver.

Old texture files are located in the PRS, and the new in PAK (In this way, they replace old ones).

You can also get it on our site. We have created Unpack .pak files http://sonic-scene.ru/?p=1774; pakextrdl. ;3