Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Oh, and by the way:

> Member makes 500-word mega-post on Sonic Adventure 2

> Most repliers quote the mostly unrelated offhand footnote that has nothing to do with Sonic Adventure 2

Yup.

This is definitely a Sonic forum. wink.png

Come at me bro(s). tongue.png

Because what you said is really debatable, it's a forum so do you not expect replies to things you say?

But anyways, I'll ask: What makes the Dreamcast version your favorite?

• Thumbs Up 4

Having played it for a few more hours, I've come to the conclusion that it's almost on par with the Dreamcast version

Oh, and by the way:

> Most repliers quote the mostly unrelated offhand footnote that has nothing to do with Sonic Adventure 2

Yup.

35cqvj6.jpg

The Gamecube version was improved. There were many improvements and additions, and no value was lost. Could you elaborate?

dry.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, nah, we've beat the debates into the ground enough in on-topic threads, let alone something completely off-topic like this.

Oh, and by the way:

Yup.

35cqvj6.jpg

Don't really know why you're doing this honestly. It's just asking to start fights and what not lawl.

As for the rest, uh, so the new guy doesn't like SA2 for a few reasons, and not many of the recent sequels either? I thought this was kinda the bandwagon norm with you guys now-a-days anyways? I like Unleashed but I'm not getting my panties in a bunch, XD.

So yeah, everyone just chillax and stuffs~

• Thumbs Up 3

So, all I have left to do are a small handful of Chao emblems. After level-grinding my Hero Chao to almost max level... I find that there's a race cup you can only enter Dark Chao in (that I'd forgotten about until now). mellow.png

It's a long shot, but rather than raise a Dark Chao from scratch, if your Chao dies and reincarnates, does it keep all its stats, or do they reset to zero? I'm guessing the latter, but hey, if there's a chance...

I think I'm enjoying the fact that I'm betting Jez in the leaderboards in terms of time and generally score than the game itself :P

It's a long shot, but rather than raise a Dark Chao from scratch, if your Chao dies and reincarnates, does it keep all its stats, or do they reset to zero? I'm guessing the latter, but hey, if there's a chance...

Actually yes, it keeps the stats. Chao stats never reset to zero.

When a Chao reincarnates, all stats go back to level 1. Their grades in each attribute (S, A, E, etc.) stay the same though.

I think I'm enjoying the fact that I'm betting Jez in the leaderboards in terms of time and generally score than the game itself tongue.png

Lol, I'm still only playing the story. I'm taking my sweet time, I don't have much of it to play with. 8U

SEGA Sale on the EU PS Store.

http://blog.eu.plays...-november-2012/

Sale

• Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition – £13.99/€17.99 (25% additional Plus discount)
  • Nights into Dreams – £4.99/€6.19 (20% additional Plus discount)
  • Jet Set Radio – £4.99/€6.19 (15% additional Plus discount)
  • Sonic Adventure – £2.99/€3.59 (30% additional Plus discount)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 – £4.99/€6.19 (15% additional Plus discount)
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2 – £4.99/€6.19 (15% additional Plus discount)

Does this cover the Vita version of Jet Set Radio too?

Someone asked in the comments and the Sony staffer said no. Probably because that version has only just been released.

• Thumbs Up 1

So here are my thoughts :V

I laughed way more then I should.

btw, I'm actually suprised you've made this. I'd thought you love SA2. :V

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did 8 years ago. I always had fond memories of it. Once you play it after so long and especially side by side with something as grand as Generations it becomes nothing more than a memory. Granted I do still love Sonic's stages but that can only go so far. I wouldn't say it's horrible, just not this grand classic a large portion of the fanbase raves about.

On that note, I realized that I am getting tired of even playing the Genesis titles, which I have been for 20 years now, so give me a break.

It took me this long to get tired of the Genesis ones, while SA2 was a lot faster for me.

The only reason I'm tired of the Genesis games personally is probably because nothing since has really matched them in overall quality. Maybe if we had some really good new Sonic games, we wouldn't have to resort to them all the time and thus we wouldn't be so drained from playing them so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda like it, even if it is for nostalgia value. I played the game back in 2002 when my stepdad got it for the Gamecube.

That is, I like it apart from Chao (I try to abuse Omochao as much as possible, the little shit... :D), Security Hall, the racing missions (although Rouge's phallic car makes me giggle) and I've just got to Cannon's Core - which I have already rage quit twice! :D

Sonic's and Shadow's levels I really enjoy despite the odd glitch here and there, and to be honest I wish there were more Shadow levels.

The mech levels are OK, but I feel it fits Eggman as a character more than Tails. Sure, he's a genius who can make fancy robots, but why can't I fly around as Tails like before? *sigh* Treasure hunting... ehhh, I don't hate it as much as I remember but I still find the single Emerald radar pretty annoying compared to SA1's multi-Emerald radar.

Oh yeah, and why the hell is Amy there?! She's not playable, whines all the time and even in her only useful cut scene, she could have easily been replaced with Rouge. I kinda like Amy's gameplay in SA1, so seeing her here do sweet FA annoys me.

So here are my thoughts :V

Didn't even need to hit play before I laughed, the thumbnail was more than enough. laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

MEANWHILE @ RETRO:

they are still trying to decrypt the .exe so we can start actually do some real modding with this game. Mainmemory is trying his best and he seems to be making progress but its still hard work, wish him the best of luck.

Until then, more cheatengine fuckery!

• Thumbs Up 2

Retro progress Bump:

49234052.png

darkspines35 found the Chao Playground somewhat in-tact. neat lookin thing huh?

Also Dude made this:

Thanks to MainMemory's decrypted executable, I am proud to present to you Sonic Adventure 2 Pro Edition!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ed4c0hn5nz08ipe

And darkspines35 made this:

Nice Dude, glad I was able to offer my services :)

And in light of Dude's release of this mod, I might as well give this out. The No Upgrades for Sonic and Shadow modification. Clicky! This mod also includes the no LoD models mod, so :P Just remember these are only Sonic and Shadow's files for now. Whenever I'm not lazy, I'll work on Knuckles and Rouge. I don't know about the mechs. They looks weird (to me at least) when they don't have their air jets.

• Thumbs Up 3