Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I don't care if they are retiring Big the Cat; I'm still going to tap the "A" button at the last story cutscenes anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

its also worth noting that Microsoft have used the SA2 Sonic stock art for their Sales & Specials deals on Forza and Sonic titles on the marketplace but when you click on them, they take you to the SA DX expansion pack with the proper SA art backdrop, little eager are we Microsoft ? October is 4 month away.

It's about time! I think this is great news, especially for those who enjoyed the game and those who lost their copies of SA2/SA2B. I don't have XBLA or PSN but luckily I still have my copy of SA2B on gamecube and it still works, I can play it on my GC/Wii anytime. Shame that there's no online multiplayer, it could of been a good addition, something a little extra would of been nice :P but no worries this is still pretty good news for people who liked SA2, I'm happy for them, glad it's getting a release on XBLA/PSN (Only 5 months to go!).

Edited by C.J

It's about time! I think this is great news, especially for those who enjoyed the game and those who lost their copies of SA2/SA2B. I don't have XBLA or PSN but luckily I still have my copy of SA2B on gamecube and it still works, I can play it on my GC/Wii anytime. Shame that there's no online multiplayer, it could of been a good addition, something a little extra would of been nice tongue.png but no worries this is still pretty good news for people who liked SA2, I'm happy for them, glad it's getting a release on XBLA/PSN (Only 5 months to go!).

actually its 4 months to go but its cool though

I got curious and made a comparison using dolphinarrowzk.jpg

Dolphin is the top photo, new version is the bottom photo.

I tried to make it as accurate as possible.

Edit : Let me add this here so that I don't get my ass kicked later, the arrow is missing the pattern seen in the bottom part because of a minor emulator glitch. And for those that don't know dolphin emulator = gamecube/wii, so yes this is SA2:B.

Also forgive me for my failure at taking screen shots properly.

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got curious and made a comparison using dolphinarrowzk.jpg

Dolphin is the top photo, new version is the bottom photo.

I tried to make it as accurate as possible.

Looks like the new version is slightly brighter from what I can tell.

So they changed Sonic and Shadow's life icons, and updated the arrows on the floor. Um... why?

Edited by Blue Blood

I thought so. That comparison does disprove whoever pointed out that the HUD hadn't been moved for the new widescreen when it has. And I think it's positioning is fine too. Arrows thing is curious though. Any Dreamcast veterans able to fire up their games to see if the arrows had outlines in the original?

• Thumbs Up 3

So they changed Sonic and Shadow's life icons, and updated the arrows on the floor. Um... why?

• Thumbs Up 3

Arrow pattern missing = glitchy emulator. They were always there actually, pardon my fail.

screenlg1h.jpg

The life counter changed. I like it actually.

I really hope this comes out for Steam. I will be getting it on XBL if not but I'd love to have this on PC.

Dude, if they don't release this game game on the Vita I will be severely disappointed. Seriously imagine PORTABLE Chao Garden, oh yeah I know you want that, I sure as hell do know I want that big time.

Edited by Tailer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone notice the new life icons? Also the more detail?

Edit: Beaten to it.

Edited by -L-

Wait a sec...I'm confused...you know the whole Soap Shoe thing.

Is that not a problem anymore?

Well kind of beaten to it. There does seem to be more detail in levels. I've noticed more objects. More random street signs, more stop signs, etc.

I'm very excited for this. One of my favourite games of all time is getting a decent rerelease. PSN port confirmed: screenlg10.jpg

I do hope they change these dumbed down 2P models back to the normal ones though. There's no reason for them to be dumbed down with the current hardware.

Wait a sec...I'm confused...you know the whole Soap Shoe thing.

Is that not a problem anymore?

its really just a port, so i'm guessing the marketing and SOAP deal stays since SEGA owns the game and its rights anyway its not like its a new game using his SOAP shoes.

Can't wait to enjoy 1/3 of the game again.tongue.png

Usually when this kind of thing happens in an HD port, it's because sprites weren't made for that resolution and couldn't be upscaled well. The life-counter in Banjo-Kazooie's XBLA port is an example of this.

Not sure if Eggman's is different but it could be a placeholder/just didn't need changing.

its really just a port, so i'm guessing the marketing and SOAP deal stays since SEGA owns the game and its rights anyway its not like its a new game using his SOAP shoes.

Bingo. SEGA probably doesn't have the right to go and promote SOAP shoes through another game, but they aren't creating any new assets here, just distributing Sonic Adventure 2 again. Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

I KNEW IT! Mah favorite 3D Sonic remastered in HD and widescreen? OH HELL YES with a cup of soda. Seriously, I was kinda of sad today, but this are awesome news! My Dreamcast doesn't work anymore, I don't own a GC nor a Wii and Dolphin plays laggy in mah PC, so, day 1 buy!

YES!

Well, seeing as I can play SA:DX on my PC, with little to no problem, I might check this out for PC if possible.

EDIT2: Actually it was the same in both versions, so I don't know where he got that image from. Life icon too.

EDIT3: Ah, emulation issue, ok.

Edited by Solkia-kun

They're using the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle models and stuff, I say that because Sonic's ears are more rounded on the screenshot, the Dreamcast version are very pointed.

But fuck, It Doesn't Matter, the differences between both versions aren't 'screaming' (although I love Big's cameos =J), we'll have to Live and Learn with it.

Edited by Jango

God damn it I fucking knew SEGA would pull a dick move and make xbox.com remove the page, they allways do that. did anyone save the page?

Edited by goku262002