Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

God damn it I fucking knew SEGA would pull a dick move and make xbox.com remove the page, they allways do that. did anyone save the page?

Yup. Got it right here.

sonic_adventure_2_on_xbla_confirmed_by_doctorfelix-d546x7f.png

Edited by Fix-It Felix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yup. Got it right here.

sonic_adventure_2_on_xbla_confirmed_by_doctorfelix-d546x7f.png

Did you get these as well

34567917.png

35710886.png

I am faster than Sonic.

Edited by Jetronic

Aside from the widescreen I don't see it getting much else aside from cleaner graphics, all these hopes for multiplayer online chao gardens are beyond unrealistic. I don't think the controls will be much worse since this is the first time the game's been ported.

[media=]

In HD.

(...And yes, I totally just searched for: "sonic adventure 2 rouge the bat boob bounce")mellow.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-JiKB9ctA

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope this gets a PC release, 'cause that'll open up a wide world of mods for the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Could someone post the box art please?

Did you get these as well

34567917.png

35710886.png

I am faster than Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watch, they'll probably announce it sometime this weekend.

And actually, I won't be surprised if this does lead up to a SA3.

2010: SA1 port

2012: SA2 port

End of 2012/2013: SA3 teaser

2013/2014: SA3

With that said, bring on the widescreen HD panty shots (speaking of which, I hope the multiplayer characters are playable in the single player stages) and jiggling bat boobs!

Edited by Atom Ant

So... How about this guy then? Or Sega would really scrap this?

chankast201003241906057.png

I hope Big is in the game and the game comes out for PC as well. Looks like a good widescreen port unlike some other game...

Duuuuude, what? Is that an edit, or is Big actually in Metal Harbour in some super-secret place I haven't found? D:

I mean, I know I've not found all the Big cameos... is he in every single stage in the original? I suppose it doesn't help that Battle is the version I've played more, which removed him.

Hmm, I wonder if the inevitable Battle DLC will remove Big. :lol:

Regarding the Chao, I think the XBLA/ PSN ports feel like they're missing something without handheld connectivity, really. Raising chao in the game itself is always a pain in the ass, but the Tiny Chao Garden in the GBA games made it spammable and easy. Seriously, the chao achievements in the XBLA port of SA1 are the only ones I don't have. It's funny, I used to love chao to bits, but now I just don't seem to have the patience for them at all.

I suppose it doesn't help that Battle is the version I've played more, which removed him.

Regarding the Chao, I think the XBLA/ PSN ports feel like they're missing something without handheld connectivity, really. Raising chao in the game itself is always a pain in the ass, but the Tiny Chao Garden in the GBA games made it spammable and easy. Seriously, the chao achievements in the XBLA port of SA1 are the only ones I don't have. It's funny, I used to love chao to bits, but now I just don't seem to have the patience for them at all.

From what I know, only one Big Cameo is in Battle but requires holding every button during a cutscene :|

Also if SEGA are smart, they'll allow you to convert your Sonic Adventure (XBLA/PSN) chao to Sonic Adventure 2 (XBLA/PSN). But somehow I doubt it

October 3rd? Two weeks beforemy Birthday. Might get a points card for it then.

No online multiplayer=Nobody gives a shit.

I don't give a shit about online multiplayer.

Duuuuude, what? Is that an edit, or is Big actually in Metal Harbour in some super-secret place I haven't found? D:

I mean, I know I've not found all the Big cameos... is he in every single stage in the original? I suppose it doesn't help that Battle is the version I've played more, which removed him.

This is unedited screenshot from the Dreamcast version. So yeah, Big is definitely in Metal Harbor. In Sa2Battle Big is nowhere to be seen in any levels, but he is in SOME cutscenes, so...

From what I know, only one Big Cameo is in Battle but requires holding every button during a cutscene :|

There are at least 4 Big cameos in cutscenes of Sa2Battle.

Here's another good example. I captured this using Free look function in Dolphin emulator (allows you to move the camera freely).

dolphin2010032419543260.png

dolphin2010032419554896.png

dolphin2010032419562239.png

FROGGY?

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 4

dolphin2010032419543260.png

dolphin2010032419554896.png

dolphin2010032419562239.png

No wonder the Eclipse Cannon blew up in Eggmans face! By having Big blend in to the background there, our hero's managed to have him go undercover as a rock and make his way through the ARK to tinker with the controls, which would be no problem for someone as clumsy as Big...It was the perfect plan.

And now I know, and knowing is half the battle....

G.I. Joe...

• Thumbs Up 9

Hmm, I wonder if the inevitable Battle DLC will remove Big. laugh.png

Solution: 360=Windows 8 pad PS3=Vita PC=Emulator

/Sarcasm

Widescreen REALLY helps this in making it seem new and fresh. Now makes me wish they went back and gave SA1 widescreen. I'll totally play through the game again if only to experience the visuals. Oh, and the game is awesome.

WOnder if chao data will transfer from SA1 to 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

Would actually consider to triple dip this game if it had online mode. But since it won't be getting that I will only be buying the PC version.

You realize that would require effort right? Don't count on it.

They're both obviously ports of the Gamecube version.

I don't see why that isn't at least feasible.

You can connect Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, so I don't think this is out of the question.

Why are some people upset about getting a port of the Gamecube version? Isn't that better then the Dreamcast version?

• Thumbs Up 2

Why are some people upset about getting a port of the Gamecube version? Isn't that better then the Dreamcast version?

That depends. I grew up with the Dreamcast version, 1 point for nostalgia. The VMU support and the downloadable themes and chars costumes (x-mas, halloween) are cool. Big cameos are awesome, I mean, seriously. The DC version is less shiny and the models aren't weirdly roundeds like the GC version.

Well, everything here depends my friend. The extra 2-players Battle levels are the only thing I prefer over the original, but many other people can name other things they like most, both versions.

In anyway, Sonic Adventure 2 is Sonic Adventure 2.