Stritix

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Why are some people upset about getting a port of the Gamecube version? Isn't that better then the Dreamcast version?

That depends. I grew up with the Dreamcast version, 1 point for nostalgia. The VMU support and the downloadable themes and chars costumes (x-mas, halloween) are cool. Big cameos are awesome, I mean, seriously. The DC version is less shiny and the models aren't weirdly roundeds like the GC version.

Well, everything here depends my friend. The extra 2-players Battle levels are the only thing I prefer over the original, but many other people can name other things they like most, both versions.

In anyway, Sonic Adventure 2 is Sonic Adventure 2.

I sometimes look at video games like I do film.

Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast is like watching a classic movie on the original film reels. It's 1:1 with the original vision of the game. It was made with the hardware in mind, and took full advantage of it.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is like a DVD release. Some extra bells and whistles, and bonus features, but there are small differences and some of the charm is lost in the transition. Not to mention some elements are lost, like web content and VMU features.

The upcoming release is like a blu-ray release. HD and widescreen are the main additions. But like the Gamecube version, the game was not made with the hardware in mind, so some things are lost.

So in that sense, the Dreamcast version is superior.

Sooo basically it's kind of like when people prefer Vinyl because it sounds "warm" and "simpler" when what they mean is it sounds shit. Lololol.

Well, anyway, VMU would be a moot point in this context since we wouldn't be getting that regardless. In all seriousness though I really hope we get the extra Dreamcast stuff that didn't make it into the Gamecube one. Extra characters/skins... also weren't there extra downloadable racetracks for Kart Race?

I've been saying that for a while now. I wanna use Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Metal Sonic to be playable in the Sonic/Shadow stages, and similar features for the other gameplay styles.

Unfortunately I'll probably never get to use Sonic at Mission Street in this version, though. That's a shame because it was so fun.

I been thinking, SEGA could be awesome and add special extras like the Sonic CD 2011. Something like Super Sonic/Shadow in levels or Team Hero plays on Team Dark levels and vice versa. Always want to blast through Radical Highway at Sonic's speed!

I seriously don't know what glitches you guys are talking about, I never had NEARLY as many problems with glitches as I did in the DC version.

And at least you can get off the wall with Knuckles and Rouge >:/

Agree, never had many problems with glitches, the game's fine as it is, however tuning it up wouldn't hurt at all.

The only game-breaking glitch I ever get is when the camera gets all fudged up on Crazy Gadget during the final section. It hasn't happened for a while but used to all the time. I dunno if I've accidentally found some sort of "trick" to avoid it in how I play these days but yeah.

There was also the accidental HA glitch but that only happened on 50hz mode usually.

After the online fiasco of Sonic 4: Episode II, I doubt SEGA will invest R&D money to add online head-to-head to a 11 year-old game. You should be thankful that it even has leaderboards.

Not trying to be mean, but I try to play online now S4 :Ep. II ON XBL, which is supposedly full of people, and I cannot get anyone to play with anymore. And I really liked it. No way SEGA would invest on doing this for a game that has LESS demand.

And if you think I am wrong about demand, compare news about sales of Episode I versus Sonic Adventure.

Edited by tenchibr

After the online fiasco of Sonic 4: Episode II, I doubt SEGA will invest R&D money to add online head-to-head to a 11 year-old game. You should be thankful that it even has leaderboards.

Not trying to be mean, but I try to play online now S4 :Ep. II ON XBL, which is supposedly full of people, and I cannot get anyone to play with anymore. And I really liked it. No way SEGA would invest on doing this for a game that has LESS demand.

And if you think I am wrong about demand, compare news about sales of Episode I versus Sonic Adventure.

For curiosity's sake what were the sales of Episode I versus Sonic Adventure?

For Christ, that super simple Sonic 2 port has an online mode =P

And 'bout Sonic 4 Ep2, I always can find people playing on PSN, hum... I know: Sonic Adventure 2 Online Mode - "PSN Exclusive". How 'bout dis?

Edited by Jango