Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Team Dark to Play in Team Hero's stages

Multiplayer Characters to play in Story stages

bottomless pit signs to be added

in a fucking port

next you'll be asking Sonic to switch shoes with Shadow and vice versa

Talk about being negative, hum?

May I remind everybody: where did we get ANY info saying this is a mere port? May I remind you too, that you could play as Tails on the Sonic CD 2011 and even switch between the 2 soundtracks. Why can't SEGA pull off something like that again? Why you think it's so impossible? The new life icon gave me a tip that this won't be a simple port, because why the hell they would change ONLY that?

• Thumbs Up 1

May I remind everybody: where did we get ANY info saying this is a mere port? May I remind you too, that you could play as Tails on the Sonic CD 2011 and even switch between the 2 soundtracks. Why can't SEGA pull off something like that again? Why you think it's so impossible? The new life icon gave me a tip that this won't be a simple port, because why the hell they would change ONLY that?

to update the new HUD for widescreen support, you know HD icons and the like.

and of course its a port, its getting the same treatment as SADX lmao, its not "SA2 - The REMAKE also in HD"

i can't see them putting too much effort into the port or new features besides widecreen, HD and Trophy/Achievement/Avatar award support.

Because you seemly to be forgetting that SEGA nor Sonic Team didn't work on Sonic CD 2011! It was a separate team led by Christan Whitehead a.k.a The Taxman over at Sonic Retro, SEGA just decided to hire him officially for what he was working on his free time and was going to release anyways as a free app on the Iphone/pad/pod and PC.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 6

Extra features aren't likely, but it's not beyond reason.

Keep in mind that Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is a port of the Dreamcast original, yet it added loads of multiplayer features, as well as other little changes, including the Chao Garden layouts.

Same for the original Sonic Adventure. That port introduced a mission mode as well as the entire GameGear library as unlockables, as well as Metal Sonic.

So while I'm not holding my breath for it, I still don't see why it isn't at least a potential possibility. There's nothing wrong with people tossing in fun little ideas like that, whether or not it's likely to happen.

I for one would like to see Big the Cat return to replace the Dark Chao. It's not gonna happen, but I'm gonna make it known. Flame shields.... ON!

• Thumbs Up 4

That, and it's Heroes.

Unlike the PS2 version however, the other versions are at least playable,

In regards to Sonic CD, that was a complete remake from the ground up. The only thing ported are the art and music assets. Everything else is reprogrammed. It was made the same way a normal remake would be done, just without redoing the graphics or music. A port is taking everything that's there and changing the code to work on a new console. Sonic CD 2011 was so much more than this.

Sonic Adventure 2 is going to be a port. It'll be a lot harder to just add stuff. The only reason widescreen is even possible is because this is a 3D game - if they had just ported and not remade Sonic CD, it would have required a border.

That said, replacing the character with multiplayer characters or other story characters is actually only a few lines of code and it's something a lot of us have already done ourselves on the previous versions of the game. Adding options for these on the menu would probably be easier even than adding leaderboards. Don't quote me on that though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Extra features aren't likely, but it's not beyond reason.

Keep in mind that Sonic Adventure 2: Battle is a port of the Dreamcast original, yet it added loads of multiplayer features, as well as other little changes, including the Chao Garden layouts.

Same for the original Sonic Adventure. That port introduced a mission mode as well as the entire GameGear library as unlockables, as well as Metal Sonic.

So while I'm not holding my breath for it, I still don't see why it isn't at least a potential possibility. There's nothing wrong with people tossing in fun little ideas like that, whether or not it's likely to happen.

I for one would like to see Big the Cat return to replace the Dark Chao. It's not gonna happen, but I'm gonna make it known. Flame shields.... ON!

was there anything extra added to the SA port on PSN/XBLA? no there wasn't so i'm totally not holding my breathe for it either.

the only thing i'd want is the extra download shit the Dreamcast had going on with its internet connectivity thing the costumes, the chao exclusives, kart stuff too if i remember rightly.

At this point, the best we can hope for is that the port isn't complete shit... and that there will be a Steam port, as well.

was there anything extra added to the SA port on PSN/XBLA? no there wasn't so i'm totally not holding my breathe for it either.

Well they've already changed the life icons for no particular reason, so they're already tinkering with it.

For SADX, even the PC version had differences from the Gamecube. Minor ones, namely some textures and the Chao Transporter, but some little differences nonetheless.

All I want as an extra is this:

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGAS

All I want as an extra is this:

[media=]

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGAS

I would laugh so hard SEGA if they actually did this. I would also like mechless Tails.

People worry too much, I'm sure the port will be just fine! Most of the evidence points toward there being no real problem with the final product.

I think I'm the mood to create a 'Sonic Adventure 2 is returning' like sign. Yes, I am going to draw that smile.png

Edited by Jango

I will be satisfied with SEGA fixing the shitty dialogue timing and lip sync, along with the volume of the bg music in said cutscenes.

"What are you anyway?" "What you see is what you get, just a guy that loves adventure..."

Or for example:

"Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me? HA! You're not even good to be myI will make you eat those words!"

http://youtu.be/hwfSwjQjctM?t=4m9s

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 6

I personally love shitty voice acting. Even if the dialogue sucks, it's still enjoyable to watch because of how awful it is.

One reason I love X4's cutscenes so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think a better comparison for thhis port is JSR. All of the DC ports after SA were much better.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think a better comparison for thhis port is JSR. All of the DC ports after SA were much better.

How good is the JSR port compared to the original? (I'm not hip with anything non-Sonic)

From what I can remember, it added widescreen, all three soundtracks besides two songs and camera control with the second analogue stick.

For SADX, even the PC version had differences from the Gamecube. Minor ones, namely some textures and the Chao Transporter, but some little differences nonetheless.

Yeah. They also also added support for much higher resolutions and fixed the easiest method of getting Tails into Emerald Coast. But that was like... it. The wasn't anything new added, just changed everso slightly.

Considering the likely nature of this SA2 port, the only thing it's reasonable to expect knowing SEGA is widescreen. There's no chance of them going about doing anything else.

*shuffles in*

Well, I don't think the Big cameos are going anywhere. Just because they might not use him now doesn't mean that they'd go out of their way to remove all past occurrences of him in such roles. Not like with Mighty and R--*bricked*

Edited by VEDJ-F

It's to bad SEGA wont put in an option to change the volume of the music, id likie to be able to hear what there saying in the cutscenes.

Tell me about it. SA2 had some real audio issues where the music would be too loud or it'd be too quiet

I personally love shitty voice acting. Even if the dialogue sucks, it's still enjoyable to watch because of how awful it is.

One reason I love X4's cutscenes so much.

"NO THIS IS ISN'T HAPPENING, THERE'S NO REASON FOR ME TO GO ON...W-W-WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!!!!!

Wasnt there something about custom graffiti in the jet set radio port? So Sega is'nt beyond adding small stuff.

The only thing I hope they change is the Gameboy Advance in the Chao Garden, or I smell lawsuit. XP