Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

The only thing I hope they change is the Gameboy Advance in the Chao Garden, or I smell lawsuit. XP

>Inb4 PSP Vitas

What do Xbox owners get?

you all want too much out of something as simple as a port, as usual.

Team Dark to Play in Team Hero's stages

Multiplayer Characters to play in Story stages

bottomless pit signs to be added

in a fucking port

next you'll be asking Sonic to switch shoes with Shadow and vice versa

an extension of cheats and de-bug menus

not in a HD Port kthnx

Are you being this obtuse on purpose, or...

Because, you know, when the entire point of the discussion was that it would be really easy to implement something like the first two things as a bonus, agreeing that it would be easy to implement (because if nothing more than a cheat code allows it than the code to do it is already there) doesn't really do anything but derail your argument no matter how many times you repeat the "it's a port" strawman after doing so.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 8

>Inb4 PSP Vitas

What do Xbox owners get?

The same regular Chao Machine used in the the 2003 port of SADX PC, and subsequent Steam, PSN and XBLA releases.

basicsegg.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

normally when games go HD the company's improve the original sound output and fix audio issues for it to be compatible with surround sound entertainment, which is essentially part of the High Definition appeal, so they may fix the audio lag and random drops and raises in music tempo, they won't do much if anything with the lip syncing, SADX's was still unchanged.

and texture changes and slight HUD updates are nothing, they may just be replacing bad textures that are all pixely and horrible with newer textures to support the HD nature of the game, otherwise we'll be looking at game that is labelled as HD but with no real differences.

just look at the HD ports for Banjo Kazooie, they removed all of the dark drab background textures and completely replaced them for much better textures that weren't too dark and hard to decipher as places you could or couldn't stand, i mean they can't re-do every bad texture because that would take a long time and probably a lot of resources, but you get the idea.

in other words i like the new life icons xD

Are you being this obtuse on purpose, or...

Because, you know, when the entire point of the discussion was that it would be really easy to implement something like those as a bonus, proving that it would be easy to implement (because if nothing more than a cheat code allows it than the code to do it is already there) but then saying that they wouldn't do it because it's a port doesn't really lend credence what you are trying to beat e

veryone over the head with.

no, action replay is pretty much a replica or something similar to the de-bug menus the game designers would probably have used whilst testing the game, all character models are just character models and can be put anywhere SEGA wanted to put them (ergo look at the sonic generations hacks, simply switching out Sonic's coding for ANY of the other characters/enemies in the game would allow you to play with them in his place but with the same aesthetics as boost, homing attack etc.)

thats why there are invisible walls everywhere in everyone's stages to stop other character models from using say, mechless Eggman in city escape, the only way you can advance the beginning of the stage is with moon jump to get over the invisible wall at the start of the level.

just because you can do it in a cheat/de-bug screen doesn't mean it was meant to happen otherwise SEGA would have given you the option to do it long ago, correct me if i'm wrong but you've never been able to do anything like that in any sonic title besides spin off racing titles and the one exception where you could use the other knights of the round table in sonic's black knight game?

Edited by Peacock

The only thing I hope they change is the Gameboy Advance in the Chao Garden, or I smell lawsuit. XP

They'll probably change it to a generic chao head monitor thing ala the SA:DX port.

Edit: Ninja'd. That's what I get for spending 20 minutes on a page without refreshing. :/

Edited by VEDJ-F

no, action replay is pretty much a replica or something similar to the de-bug menus the game designers would probably have used whilst testing the game, all character models are just character models and can be put anywhere SEGA wanted to put them (ergo look at the sonic generations hacks, simply switching out Sonic's coding for ANY of the other characters/enemies in the game would allow you to play with them in his place but with the same aesthetics as boost, homing attack etc.)

thats why there are invisible walls everywhere in everyone's stages to stop other character models from using say, mechless Eggman in city escape, the only way you can advance the beginning of the stage is with moon jump to get over the invisible wall at the start of the level.

Again, when your point is that wanting them to do something like that as a bonus is absurd to the point of borderline-insulting the people who want it because of the amount of effort you claim it would take based on what it is, you would do well to not prove the exact opposite by going into detail just how easy it would be to do it.

just because you can do it in a cheat/de-bug screen doesn't mean it was meant to happen otherwise SEGA would have given you the option to do it long ago

No shit it wasn't meant to happen in the original game. That's kind of the entire reason behind the conversation, since this isn't the original game.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

insulting others

insulting others? i haven't insulted anyone fyi

easy or not, its not meant to happen end of story.

Edited by Peacock

Well, I think it could happen. I can't see the shooting characters in speed stages and what not, but I can see all of the speed characters in the speed stages as some kind of bonus. It's unlikely, but it worked perfectly with action replay.

insulting others? i haven't insulted anyone fyi

...its a fucking port, they aren't adding anything new to it, just making it widescreen supported and HD.

the only unlikely thing they could add would be the DLC exclusive to the Dreamcast with its connectibility to the web at its time.

thats basically shit for your chao and seasoned costumes for the characters in multiplayer.

expecting SEGA to add the feature of Team Hero/Team Dark to play in each other's levels is stupid, also adding pitfall signs over lolbottomless drops isn't going to happen, this isn't Generations.

its called a port for a reason, they're simply moving it from Dreamcast/Gamecube to Xbox Arcade/ Playstation Network, you know? PORTING it

Funny how easily talking down to people translates, even in text. To say nothing of all of your other posts, which have the same patronizing tone in them.

easy or not, its not meant to happen end of story.

That's nice. And until you come up with an actual reason for people to stop wanting it as a potential selling point, check your condescending bullshit at the door. That isn't to say that it will happen (because it probably won't), but saying that it is unlikely to happen is a completely different thing from what you've been doing in this thread.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

That's nice. And until you come up with an actual reason for people to not want it, check your condescending bullshit at the door. That isn't to say that it will happen (because it probably won't), but saying that it is unlikely to happen is a completely different thing from what you've been doing in this thread.

so sorry i've hurt your internet feelings Tornado, truly i am sarcasm/

but whatever

• Thumbs Up 2

I still just wanna be able to turn the music down. thats all i want to be added to the game. And is'nt the hd port of jet set radio suposed to be on steam? So maybe SA2 hd will be to, and then some of the stuff people have been asking for can be done... eventualy.

Edit: Can't we all just get along?

Edited by Eternlo

so sorry i've hurt your internet feelings Tornado, truly i am sarcasm/

but whatever

• Thumbs Up 3

You're not being funny.

You're not being clever.

You're not being witty.

Figured I should go ahead and get that out of the way before moving on: while none of us actually expect much to be none to make the game not suck ass for the digital release, I fail to see why merely hoping for it to be done is instilling such rage in you for whatever reason. I think it'd be nice to mess around with some new stuff because I've already beaten this game multiple times over the past decade it's been out; never mind the fact that any changes are probably for the better in this game's case.

I also just found out they changed the camera controlls in jet set radio hd, so it is possible we'll get some changes.

HURRY UP AND KISS EACH OTHER YOU TWO!

ahem

Back to Sonic Adventure 2, IGN is pointing 20 obamas for the PSN release. It's the most expensive downloadable Sonic game so far. Or this isn't JUST a port... or SEGA wants to break us.

Back to Sonic Adventure 2, IGN is pointing 20 obamas for the PSN release. It's the most expensive downloadable Sonic game so far. Or this isn't JUST a port... or SEGA wants to break us.

SA2 is about eight years younger than Sonic CD (obviously) and is a much bigger game. Does HD & Widescreen and hype justify such a higher price than CD 2011? I would say yes.

Certainly looks great in those screenshots.

It really doesn't. SA sold for 10$ without the DX add-ons (Adding them brought it up to 15$), so the price will most likely be the same. Both Sonic 4 episodes were 15$, too.

Edited by MarcelloF

What if all this was just a hoax?

Also, jet set radio hd is going to be on steam, i just watched the trailer again.

What do you mean? The game being rereleased? We've seen screens from Microsoft already. It's definitely coming.

Wasnt there something about custom graffiti in the jet set radio port? So Sega is'nt beyond adding small stuff.

It also adds touch controls for the Vita version. Not sure to what extent (maybe you can touch and swipe to spray instead of button input?), but that's something.

What do you mean? The game being rereleased? We've seen screens from Microsoft already. It's definitely coming.

that and they've already got the SA2 stock art up on XBLA, its definitely coming.