Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

What do you mean? The game being rereleased? We've seen screens from Microsoft already. It's definitely coming.

I know, it would just suck if it were an elaborate hoax, but screen shots dont mean much.

I love how i mention a hoax and i get a reply, but if i mention something relevant to the topic i get no reply. And yes comparing jet set radio and sonic adventure 2's ports is relevant to the topic, more so then comparing it to sonic cd's 2011 port.

It also adds touch controls for the Vita version. Not sure to what extent (maybe you can touch and swipe to spray instead of button input?), but that's something.

That sounds cool.

Edited by Eternlo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing the rerelease of SA2 is mostly a hold-over until the announcement/release of the next mainstream Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing the rerelease of SA2 is mostly a hold-over until the announcement/release of the next mainstream Sonic game.

its like SEGA only care about sonic these days, they've got to realize Sonic isn't the only IP they can sell, look at how badly they're treating Anarchy Reigns? its got their brand on it AND PG are developing it, that alone will make it sell well.

but SEGA haven't advertised it or anything, its just getting shunted to 2013 for NO reason, more proof SEGA don't give a damn about anything BUT their sonic titles.

its like SEGA only care about sonic these days, they've got to realize Sonic isn't the only IP they can sell, look at how badly they're treating Anarchy Reigns? its got their brand on it AND PG are developing it, that alone will make it sell well.

but SEGA haven't advertised it or anything, its just getting shunted to 2013 for NO reason, more proof SEGA don't give a damn about anything BUT their sonic titles.

It's pretty weird actually, as far as I know, SEGA doesn't "take care" of any IP specifically, they just, well, take a look at each. Sonic is created by Sonic Team's team, I dunno about Anarchy Reigns, but is not only SEGA's fault :/

Edited by Jango

It's pretty weird actually, as far as I know, SEGA doesn't "take care" of any IP specifically, they just, well, take a look at each. Sonic is created by Sonic Team's team, I dunno about Anarchy Reigns, but is not only SEGA's fault :/

it IS SEGA's fault, Platinum Games even said they don't know what SEGA are doing or what their plan of action is, but they can't do anything since they only have so much power with SEGA being the ring leader of all this, they are as clueless as we are since the game is releasing in July as normal in Japan, but EU/US have to wait till 2013 for no clear reason.

doesn't say much when the people who developed the game don't even know what their publishers plans are...

They DO seem rather reliant on Sonic to carry their asses. It's telling when the only reason I know of the existence of other SEGA IPs was through Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

I wonder when SEGA will officialy anounce this? I hope its soon.

Lol, SEGA does'nt care about sonic.

I wonder when SEGA will officialy anounce this? I hope its soon.

Lol, SEGA does'nt care about sonic.

course not, SA2 port taking pride place of attention over a full, new title from platinum games (same creators as bayonetta i'll have you know)

SEGA reeeeeally don't care about sonic

course not, SA2 port taking pride place of attention over a full, new title from platinum games (same creators as bayonetta i'll have you know)

SEGA reeeeeally don't care about sonic

Yup, cause if they cared the quality of sonic games these days would be much much better.

Also working on a sonic game over a new title frome another franchise doesnt mean they care about sonic, it means they care about money, and we all know sonic brings in the bulk of their cash flow.

You silly person.

Yup, cause if they cared the quality of sonic games these days would be much much better.

Also working on a sonic game over a new title frome another franchise doesnt mean they care about sonic, it means they care about money, and we all know sonic brings in the bulk of their cash flow.

You silly person.

sonic may bring in the bulk of their cash, but don't forget what Platninum's Bayonetta did for SEGA's rep, hence the outcry for Anarchy reigns.

and if SEGA didn't care about sonic, they wouldn't have gone all out for his 20th anniversary and make a game just for it.

sonic may bring in the bulk of their cash, but don't forget what Platninum's Bayonetta did for SEGA's rep, hence the outcry for Anarchy reigns.

and if SEGA didn't care about sonic, they wouldn't have gone all out for his 20th anniversary and make a game just for it.

Oh i know, The reason they did what they did for his 20th is because they know there are old fans and new fans so they decided to put the new and the old together, caring had nothing to do with it.

If they cared sonic generations would be the greatest sonic game in the history of sonic games. Generations is good but its main selling point was nostalgia, and theres nothing wrong with that. If they cared they wouldent keep shelling out sonic games that are mediocre at best. If they would play it like nintendo and their franchises, we would be seeing quality sonic games.

Now if you said Sonic Team cares about sonic thats a different story.

You guys are giving me a headache.

Sorry. We should get back on topic.

Edited by Eternlo

Oh i know, The reason they did what they di for his 20th is because they know there are old fans and new fans so they decided to put the new and the old together, caring had nothing to do with it.

If they cared sonic generations would be the greatest sonic game in the history of sonic games. Generations is good but its main selling point was nostalgia, and theres nothing wrong with that. If they cared they wouldent keep shelling out sonic games that are mediocre at best. If they would play it like nintendo and their franchises, we would be seeing quality sonic games.

Now if you said Sonic Team cares about sonic thats a different story.

Sonic's main selling point has always been nostalgia though, at least recently they have.

Sonic's main selling point has always been nostalgia though, at least recently they have.

Vary true.

So if the port ends up on the pc (which i think it will) Im gonna be really excited to see the hacks and mods people make.

They got to stop relying on nostalgia, because soon it's going to get old. And apart from CD 2011 and Generations, they have been failing.

They got to stop relying on nostalgia, because soon it's going to get old. And apart from CD 2011 and Generations, they have been failing.

Also true.

This topic is giving me cancer.

Hm, I didn't know that the effects of a topic thread can go back in time...

Anyway, let's talk about dat Sonic Adventure 2 port again. I sure hope that it's actually good...

Anyway, let's talk about dat Sonic Adventure 2 port again. I sure hope that it's actually good...

Oh, it'll be good. I know because it'll be exactly the same.

Plus widescreen.

Edited by Hatsune Miku

I like the signs, they are good for clearing a level for the first time without dying, and also to refresh my memory if I haven't played the level in a long time.

That said, I believe if the game with said signs, whether it's this one or any before it and after, has a hard version of the same level, like SA2 did as well as '06, then signs should be disabled by default. Aside from the level being harder from enemies, the lack of signs helps with the difficulty for someone who feels confident to clear levels in normal mode enough.

Or instead of setting the default to one of the options, what if when you start a new file and when you start the game for the first time, it asks you whether to turn them off, and from then on on that file, they will stay on or off, and then you can switch temporarily (until you turn off the game) to the opposite?

SA2 didn't have as many problems as the first...and they barely fixed anything in the first games port of a port so I can imagine it'll be good with a few bug fixes

Why it's generally considered reasonable to say that the Adventure games had better controls than Generations is absolutely beyond me. Say what you will about quick acceleration, but at least I never have to struggle with careening left and right like a drunken lunatic when I play Generations.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why it's generally considered reasonable to say that the Adventure games had better controls than Generations is absolutely beyond me. Say what you will about quick acceleration, but at least I never have to struggle with careening left and right like a drunken lunatic when I play Generations.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know about the 360 version of Generations, but in the PS3 version, one touch of the analog stick sent me flying left or right. the control at lower speeds felt stiff and the control while boosting felt like I was playing on a greased floor. Took me a while to get used to it.

I never had a problem with the controls in the Adventure games, but rather the camera. though the boarding segments in SA2 control terribly.

• Thumbs Up 3