Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I don't know about the 360 version of Generations, but in the PS3 version, one touch of the analog stick sent me flying left or right. the control at lower speeds felt stiff and the control while boosting felt like I was playing on a greased floor. Took me a while to get used to it.

I never had a problem with the controls in the Adventure games, but rather the camera. though the boarding segments in SA2 control terribly.

I don't know about the 360 version of Generations, but in the PS3 version, one touch of the analog stick sent me flying left or right. the control at lower speeds felt stiff and the control while boosting felt like I was playing on a greased floor. Took me a while to get used to it.

I never had a problem with the controls in the Adventure games, but rather the camera. though the boarding segments in SA2 control terribly.

For this Sonic Adventure port, you know what I want?

A Guidebook for the game, a "Sonic Adventure 2" guide book with hints and such but corrects that "Hyper Shadow" Fault, every time a friend says Hyper Shadow, I cringe in shame that I know them ._. (lol kid, I <3 my friends)

Other than that, give me...

The option to decapitate Omochao

The ability for eeeeeeeeeeeeveryone to turn super in eeeeeeeeeeeeevery level

Special Stages with the games code/engine to make the game harder

Shadow to be voiced by Chris Thorndyke's VA

Rouge to have a reduced boob job

Big head mode

Play through the game as sprites instead of 3D models

Have the option to give a shit

Unlock themes and gamerpics

Sonic to have his normal shoes

A skateboard in every level (ala Generations)

And much much more...

inb4 peacock

• Thumbs Up 1

A Guidebook for the game, a "Sonic Adventure 2" guide book with hints and such but corrects that "Hyper Shadow" Fault, every time a friend says Hyper Shadow, I cringe in shame that I know them ._. (lol kid, I <3 my friends)

Big head mode

And much much more...

inb4 peacock

Not sure if serious.

Big head mode

And much much more...

inb4 peacock

Play it loud, gamers.

I don't see what is wrong with Sonic Team adding a "shift" function on Sonic...it would pretty much fix everything.

Think like how Sonic walked around in the Town stages for all the people in Unleashed...that would fix a lot of issues in terms of more precise platforming.

Regardless I have not problem controlling Sonic in Generations and I felt (despite me loving Unleashed) that he controlled far better. I don't see what else can be done with a momentum based character. What really should make a return is the spindash being the primary feature for higher speeds like in Sonic Adventure 2...which is like a faux shifting function in itself.

Edited by Voyant

I have the ps3 version and it is pretty touchy, but i dont notice it as much since i got used to it. As for the adventure series the camera was a problem for me as well, but i didnt have a problem with the boarding parts.

I don't see what is wrong with Sonic Team adding a "shift" function on Sonic...it would pretty much fix everything.

Think like how Sonic walked around in the Town stages for all the people in Unleashed...that would fix a lot of issues in terms of more precise platforming.

Regardless I have not problem controlling Sonic in Generations and I felt (despite me loving Unleashed) that he controlled far better. I don't see what else can be done with a momentum based character. What really should make a return is the spindash being the primary feature for higher speeds like in Sonic Adventure 2...which is like a faux shifting function in itself.

There's really no need for the Spin dash now that Sonic has got boost.

It's either one or the other I guess.

Eh, I've been replaying Adventure for a while now, and well, while playing the game is easy in stages like Emerald Coast and Speed Highway, I literally have to fight the controls and camera in order for stages such as Lost World and Sky Deck in order to play them. Replaying SA1 has not done me any favors.

Thing is that isn't saying all that much...

it was mainly a joke but the point still stands, 06 sets the lowest bar for board controlling in a sonic game

There's really no need for the Spin dash now that Sonic has got boost.

It's either one or the other I guess.

pretty much this, with boost you don't even need to rev/charge up a spindash to get instant acceleration, the only form of spindash modern has now is the spindash drift or when he hits a booster.

Big head mode

And much much more...

inb4 peacock

*cringe* iwillnotreplytothatpeopledohavedreamsi'mnotsupposedtoshatternomatterhowstupidtheyare

*forced smile*

Eh, I've been replaying Adventure for a while now, and well, while playing the game is easy in stages like Emerald Coast and Speed Highway, I literally have to fight the controls and camera in order for stages such as Lost World and Sky Deck in order to play them. Replaying SA1 has not done me any favors.

normally to fix the camera issue you need to go into options on the pause menu and switch the fixed camera to free camera, then it'll always remain behind sonic, i never really had a problem with the camera since you could control it

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care if single player gets any new content but I'd love for some new multiplayer stuff.

There's no reason not to make Pyramid Cave and Green Hill playable (Crazy Gadget might cause some problems with the gravity changing levers) and I'd be the happiest boy in the world if they ported over some Adventure levels into 2P mode though that might be asking for a bit much.

An extra character for each gameplay mode would go down pretty well too, I don't see any reason why they can't add new stuff, even though they won't.

• Thumbs Up 1

Call me a casul scrub but they need to make adjustments to the overall award you get to beating the game with all A ranks.

It's just too difficult and time consuming and I thinks it's a bit of a stretch for all your hardword just to get a 2 minute stage for spending 3 years getting A ranks.

You need be perfect pretty much.

Heck I'm still trying to get Metal Sonic in DX

no, sonic games have gotten too easy lately, missions and Ranked stages was the main difficulty curve in the Adventure re-makes/ports.

the last thing we want is to drop Adventure 2's difficultly for the casual gamers of today... i'd say leave it untouched.

no, sonic games have gotten too easy lately, missions and Ranked stages was the main difficulty curve in the Adventure re-makes/ports.

the last thing we want is to drop Adventure 2's difficultly for the casual gamers of today... i'd say leave it untouched.

If that's the case I want a better award. But hey it's just a port. So not much you can do.

Just being hypothetical I guess.

But seriously I felt like I earned nothing from doing all that hard work.

If that's the case I want a better award. But hey it's just a port. So not much you can do.

Just being hypothetical I guess.

But seriously I felt like I earned nothing from doing all that hard work.

yeah that is true, a greenhill 3D stage for A ranking everything is a little cheap, but that's SEGA for you lol.

Call me a casul scrub but they need to make adjustments to the overall award you get to beating the game with all A ranks.

It's just too difficult and time consuming and I thinks it's a bit of a stretch for all your hardword just to get a 2 minute stage for spending 3 years getting A ranks.

You need be perfect pretty much.

Heck I'm still trying to get Metal Sonic in DX

I got metal once, then my memory card corrupted and i lost everything, SA 1, 2, Heroes, Mega Collection, Smash Bros, RE 0, 1, & finaly MGS Twin Snakes saves all 100% complete.

I got metal once, then my memory card corrupted and i lost everything, SA 1, 2, Heroes, Mega Collection, Smash Bros, RE 0, 1, & finaly MGS Twin Snakes saves all 100% complete.

I know that feeling, man. Then you feel so unmotivated to do everything again.

I'm still contemplating on getting Metal or not, but if I don't I'll feel like I've left the game incomplete.

A few stages mess me up such as lost world and Twinkle park (these are for the mission A stages)

The time to get to the capsule in TP is 3:00:00. I get there in 3:00:01

You can imagine how mad I was. Even some videos don't help me because of some of the bug/glitch fixes in the PSN/XBLA port.

That happened to me once, too. Makes me glad I got that Action Replay from Toys r Us for 8 bucks.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Sonic's 21 b-day. I was hoping for the game in question to be officialy announced. It looks like we'll get a super leak first and when everything is know, they will reveal it. And we will just: "meh, already know it".

Edited by Jango

Being Sonic's birthday and all, I wish SEGA would do something special. You know, like a demo of the SA2 port or something.

Being Sonic's birthday and all, I wish SEGA would do something special. You know, like a demo of the SA2 port or something.

A demo? No. But they could at least launch a teaser trailer!

I know that feeling, man. Then you feel so unmotivated to do everything again.

I'm still contemplating on getting Metal or not, but if I don't I'll feel like I've left the game incomplete.

A few stages mess me up such as lost world and Twinkle park (these are for the mission A stages)

The time to get to the capsule in TP is 3:00:00. I get there in 3:00:01

You can imagine how mad I was. Even some videos don't help me because of some of the bug/glitch fixes in the PSN/XBLA port.

My problem was either Sky Chase act 1 or 2, I cant remember. And i can imagine exactly how mad you were at the twinkel park thing, because it hapend to me 3 time in a row.

That happened to me once, too. Makes me glad I got that Action Replay from Toys r Us for 8 bucks.

Same here, i still try to beat them and get everything without codes though.