Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

wut.

The Genesis games have low standards? The Genesis games are what sonic was about in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bullshit. I guess this means the Genesis games are shit right now by your logic.

At least the Genesis games have aged well.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bullshit. I guess this means the Genesis games are shit right now by your logic.

The Genesis games are still getting stellar reception. I'm merely explaining the cause for the massive drop in reception for the Adventure games. The scores speak for themselves, really.

• Thumbs Up 4

The Genesis games are still getting stellar reception. I'm merely explaining the cause for the massive drop in reception for the Adventure games. The scores speak for themselves, really.

No. The scores speak for the 'remastered' ports that remaster nothing, whereas the Genesis games are plainly ported.

wut.

The Genesis games have low standards? The Genesis games are what sonic was about in the first place.

That's not the point. By his logic anything that's good right now will be awful a decade from now.

• Thumbs Up 2

No. The scores speak for the 'remastered' ports that remaster nothing, whereas the Genesis games are plainly ported.

Sonic CD 2011. Your argument is invalid. =P

Sonic CD 2011. Your argument is invalid. =P

That isn't a Genesis game, and that was remastered.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not the point. By his logic anything that's good right now will be awful a decade from now.

... The adventure games were awful back then too. The only reason they ever recieved positive reviews was because reviewers and gamers had lower standards for 3D games in general back then.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 6

... The adventure games were awful back then too. The only reason they ever recieved positive reviews was because reviewers had lower standards for 3D games in general back then.

Biased. You can use that against anything you don't like. Back in the 90's reviewers had low standards for 2D games in general, so games from that era must be awful using that logic.

Dude, the Adventure games were always shit. Idiotic design decisions like genre roulette don't just get worse with time, reviewers standards were just lower because 3D games were still relatively new and stupid mistakes were more easily forgiven.

Biased. You can use that against anything you don't like. Back in the 90's reviewers had low standards for 2D games in general, so games from that era must be awful using that logic.

If that were true, they wouldn't still be so highly regarded. You're really grasping, bro.

Edited by Desudash Demonhoof
  • Thumbs Up 4

That isn't a Genesis game, and that was remastered.

SEGA CD was an addon for the Genesis. Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic CD are both Genesis games.

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dude, the Adventure games were always shit. Idiotic design decisions like genre roulette don't just get worse with time, reviewers standards were just lower because 3D games were still relatively new and stupid mistakes were more easily forgiven.

If that were true, they wouldn't still be so highly regarded. You're really grasping, bro.

'Dude', that's nothing but opinions. Not valid points. 2D platforming games were relatively new when the Genesis Sonic games were released also.

The Adventure games are highly regarded with some, whereas with others they're not. The same applies to the Genesis games.

So... I take it there's no new information concerning that port yet, right?

SEGA CD was an addon for the Genesis.

It's a SEGA CD game, not a SEGA Genesis game. What the SEGA CD runs off is invalid. It's not an actual Genesis game. Which is also besides the point. It was remastered.

It's a SEGA CD game, not a SEGA Genesis game. What the SEGA CD runs off is invalid. It's not an actual Genesis game. Which is also besides the point. It was remastered.

So you're saying an Xbox Kinect game isn't an Xbox game either?

• Thumbs Up 1

So... I take it there's no new information concerning that port yet, right?

Nope. Nothing to see here, mang. I don't know why SEGA's taking so long to announce the port.

'Dude', that's nothing but opinions. Not valid points. 2D platforming games were relatively new when the Genesis Sonic games were released also.

The Adventure games are highly regarded with some, whereas with others they're not. The same applies to the Genesis games.

The scores speak for themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

And that is when I stopped taking you seriously.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fuck what everyone says, I still like SA1

Liking the game is just fine.

Debating about it on the internet is being stupid.

Oh cut the crap.

How old are you, 7? Do you know ANYTHING about how gaming was back then?

Fuck, let me give you a little fucking history, sorry for going off on a tangent, but this is pissing me off:

Back in the late 80's and all through the 90's, there was a little thing going on gamers called the Bit Wars. 8-bit,16-bit,32-bit,64-bit, and 128 bit.

Dreamcast was the worlds first 128-bit console. When people first saw Sonic Adventure at E3, they shit their pants about how good it looked.

When the game came out, people had a lot of fun with it, because it was the first true Sonic platformer since Sonic and Knuckles. It's not a good game by any means, but compared to the shit Sonic fans put up with in the Saturn era? it was a fucking godsend. THAT is why it had good feedback. THAT is why reviewers liked it.

Sorry, I don't spend countless hours nerding myself up on pointless video game history.

"It got good reviews because of the pretty graphics for the time!" Hmm, how come this didn't work for Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed then?

No. The scores speak for the 'remastered' ports that remaster nothing

Learn to read.

So you're saying an Xbox Kinect game isn't an Xbox game either?

The Sega CD uses CD's for one thing. The Genesis use's Cartridges. The Sega CD could do more in terms of Visuals and Music.

The Kinect is basically just a Motion Control Addon for the 360.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I don't spend countless hours nerding myself up on pointless video game history.

"It got good reviews because of the pretty graphics for the time!" Hmm, how come this didn't work for Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed then?

Learn to read.

'Kay, now you're just acting stubborn at this point.
  • Thumbs Up 2

...WHAT?

Sonic '06 had horrible programming and Sonic Unleashed was looked down upon because of the Werehog.

The Sega CD uses CD's for one thing. The Genesis use's Cartridges. The Sega CD could do more in terms of Visuals and Music.

The Kinect Is basically just a Motion Controls addon For the Xbox.

I guess it depends on how you see it..

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 had shit graphics by 360 standards. And Sonic Unleashed? I'm not even going to bother arguing that.

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 3