Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

And that is when I stopped taking you seriously.

'Kay, now you're just acting stubborn at this point.

Can't you come up with valid points instead of throwing in "trolololols" everywhere?

...WHAT?

Sonic '06 had horrible programming and Sonic Unleashed was looked down upon because of the Werehog.

Knuckles, Amy, Gamma, Big are just as bad, if not worse than the Werehog. Gameplay-wise they both had flawed roulette gameplay. Using the 'it had pretty graphics back then' card doesn't work here.

Knuckles, Amy, Gamma, Big are just as bad, if not worse than the Werehog. Gameplay-wise they both had flawed roulette gameplay. Using the 'it had pretty graphics back then' card doesn't work here.

Because SEGA tried changing the playstyle around a bit. Not to mention their stories weren't hard, and were short.

UNLIKE THE WEREHOG.

So

Is there any excuse for there not to be online after Sonic 2 had it? It's not as though it's Sonic Unleashed, where the lag would be semendous, so I don't see any reason why this isn't being announced as implemented on any of the promo stuff that's been leaked.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying you're a horrible person if you like the games still, it's just that back then, they were the most amazing thing Sonic fans had seen in nearly 4-6 years (too lazy to check release dates). By today's standards for 3D games, they haven't aged well.

Sorry, I don't spend countless hours nerding myself up on pointless video game history.

"It got good reviews because of the pretty graphics for the time!" Hmm, how come this didn't work for Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed then?

Because Sonic 06 was shit, and even people who like the game recognize it's glaring flaws?

Because half of Unleashed (or ALL if you had the wii version) was shit, and even people who liked the game recognize it's glaring God of War cash-in bullshit?

Because the Adventure games were shit and people see their glaring flaws, but at the time, we took what we could fucking get? Did you not read any of my post? Apparently you didn't, so I'll stop here.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because SEGA tried changing the playstyle around a bit. Not to mention their stories weren't hard, and were short.

UNLIKE THE WEREHOG.

Wrong. Knuckles, Amy, Gamma and Big equal up to roughly 15 stages, whereas Sonic gets 10 and are much shorter than the others. You have to play as the others much longer than you get to play as Sonic.

So

Is there any excuse for there not to be online after Sonic 2 had it? It's not as though it's Sonic Unleashed, where the lag would be semendous, so I don't see any reason why this isn't being announced as implemented on any of the promo stuff that's been leaked.

Sonic 2's multi player was simple, and very little effort would be required for online play.

SA2's is more complex, and Sega is lazy as shit with ports, so they aren't going to bother.

Sorry, I don't spend countless hours nerding myself up on pointless video game history.

"It got good reviews because of the pretty graphics for the time!" Hmm, how come this didn't work for Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed then?

Because neither of them were revolutionary. Both Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 had some of the greatest visuals the industry had ever seen. Nobody had ever seen anything like it before.

And really, if you don't even want to know what you're talking about, I don't know why you're debating it at all.

Learn to read.

Cute.

• Thumbs Up 4

'Dude', that's nothing but opinions. Not valid points.

Ehh...

Okay, I love SA2, I really do, but...

I do believe genre roulette was objectively a bad decision, or at least the way it was handled in SA2. Making you switch between three completely different play styles - two of which don't have very much to do with what the series is known for, I might add - is a bad idea no matter how you slice it.

That's not to say that the two gameplay styles or SA2 itself objectively suck and I do genuinely believe SA2 is a great game (and SA1), all things considered. Still, there are definitely things about it that haven't aged particularly well and there's a time to take off the ol' nostalgia goggles...

To be fair, the XBLA port of SA was freaking terrible.

Sonic 06 was effing ugly even by 2006 standards and Unleashed, I'd say, suffers from horrible design far more than the Adventure games did.

Learn to read.

Learn to be mature.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic 2's multi player was simple, and very little effort would be required for online play.

SA2's is more complex, and Sega is lazy as shit with ports, so they aren't going to bother.

Then why is it just now being released? What are they doing to it that takes longer than two seconds?

Wrong. Knuckles, Amy, Gamma and Big equal up to roughly 15 stages, whereas Sonic gets 10 and are much shorter than the others. You have to play as the others much longer than you get to play as Sonic.

Because you're counting them togheter. Not to mention their very different from eachother aswell.

It's there because there ARE people who don't like to play as Sonic the whole game.

Because the Adventure games were shit and people see their glaring flaws, but at the time, we took what we could fucking get? Did you not read any of my post? Apparently you didn't, so I'll stop here.

Yes, I read it, but it only applies to the first. There were many games with better graphics in the middle of 2001 when Sonic Adventure 2 was released, which has arguably more flaws than the first. You can use that argument for the first, but not for the second.

licensing, discussion with sony/microsoft, throwing sexy parties, dumbing down the port as much as possible like SADX? Hell if I know.

Because you're counting them togheter. Not to mention their very different from eachother aswell.

It's there because there ARE people who don't like to play as Sonic the whole game.

Different as in each one being worse than the other? Yes.

And you have to play as them in order to continue Sonic's story.

Different as in each one being worse than the other? Yes.

And you have to play as them in order to continue Sonic's story.

Because he's the friggin main character.

Naturally the main story will revolve around him. But there are people that like variety, and I had no problems at all with the other characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I read it, but it only applies to the first. There were many games with better graphics in the middle of 2001 when Sonic Adventure 2 was released, which has arguably more flaws than the first. You can use that argument for the first, but not for the second.

The Amazing for the Time Visuals mixed with the Amazing for the time gameplay are what made Sonic Adventure 2 stick out though.

Even if there were games released in 2001 with better graphics, SA2's gameplay would still arguably make the entire game a better package then those other games. Or at least make it stick out more then the other games. The visuals just helped give it a boost above the other games.

Edited by Mephiles550

Because he's the friggin main character.

Naturally the main story will revolve around him. But there are people that like variety, and I had no problems at all with the other characters.

You're not getting this are you. You're forced to play through tedious fishing and balloon finding in order to continue Sonic's story. They're poorly designed. I wouldn't have so much of a problem with them if I could finish Sonic's story without being forced to play as them.

Hmm... maybe SEGA will announce the SA2 port at Sonic Boom or maybe they're waiting 'til Comic-Con?

You're not getting this are you. You're forced to play through tedious fishing and balloon finding in order to continue Sonic's story. They're poorly designed. I wouldn't have so much of a problem with them if I could finish Sonic's story without being forced to play as them.

Balloon finding? It's as clear as a goal ring.

And you're seriously complaining that you don't wanna play a few stories? That are way shorter then the others.

And even if you compare it to Sonics amount of stages, it still ISN'T A LOT.

So, if there's hopefully online multiplayer, who's up for doing the Pyramid Cave Grinding Level?

Balloon finding? It's as clear as a goal ring.

And you're seriously complaining that you don't wanna play a few stories? That are way shorter then the others.

And even if you compare it to Sonics amount of stages, it still ISN'T A LOT.

It's not as clear. Clunky controls, slow movement, glitchy jumps with a robot constantly trying to kill you while trying to find the balloon is not a good idea.

And yes it's a lot. It's more than double of Sonic's gameplay time or so. Make them optional, or don't make them at all. This is one of the things that SEGA needs to learn from the classic games. Each character had different gameplay styles, but you didn't need to play through the game as them all in order to finish it.

It's not as clear. Clunky controls, slow movement, glitchy jumps with a robot constantly trying to kill you while trying to find the balloon is not a good idea.

And yes it's a lot. It's more than double of Sonic's gameplay time or so. Make them optional, or don't make them at all. This is one of the things that SEGA needs to learn from the classic games. Each character had different gameplay styles, but you didn't need to play through the game as them all in order to finish it.

True, it would be easier if they were optional, but if they were, we'd have a pretty darn short game.

And Amy wasn't that hard to control, not to mention you could knock Zero away.