Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Finally, a trailer! And a damn good one too actually, lol.

But yeah dunno why the crowd is so excited about it. It's just a port for Christ's sake, of a game that is as dated as the crappy predecessor. B[

It's more than a port. The description of the game says that it's being 'remastered'. Judging by the screenshots, they've added more detail to stages, the models look somewhat higher polly, and they've replaced some textures with new ones (Such as the new life icons).

It's more than a port. The description of the game says that it's being 'remastered'.

Which is also what they said about Adventure DX...

And I don't see the issue with the trailer. Seemed like a funny enough joke to me.

Edited by Gilda

So yeah.

Trailer sucks.

Port sucks.

Any silver lining in this cloud of shit? Because so far I see no reason to get this.

So yeah.

Trailer sucks.

Port sucks.

Any silver lining in this cloud of shit? Because so far I see no reason to get this.

Well... you get to play SA2 again!...

oh...

oh dear, that's horrifying.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 7

DX when brought to the ps360 was only a port though. No "HD," not even support for widescreen. Unless you're talking about the original SA:DX

DX when brought to the ps360 was only a port though. No "HD," not even support for widescreen. Unless you're talking about the original SA:DX

I mean for the original DX. They said it was far more than just a port (to the extent that "remake" was thrown around a lot); and justified that by changing a few models, changing some textures and gluing some GG titles to it.

And we all know how that turned out.

Edited by Gilda

The SADX port was technically displayed at an HD resolution, it just wasn't widescreen. It actually looks a lot better than the GameCube version and the silky smooth framerate is great. I wouldn't say it's a better experience than the Dreamcast version, but it's still better than playing it on GameCube in my opinion. Unless you love Tiny Chao Garden.

Personally I am hoping for a PC release of SA2 since SEGA already released SA DX for steam last year but with better gameplay controls so it'll be a waiting game for me.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt

Guys, I am sick of people, especially HERE, taking jabs at SEGA for a problem that more often than not, is not their fault.

They probably always planned to announce this at Sonic Boom, and everything was scheduled as such, and then Microsoft happened. It's like Microsoft does it intentionally because I guess they believe if people see it on Xbox first, they are less likely to buy on their PS3's.

SEGA's 'announcement' is really damage control. And you will NEVER see a company in the gaming business cater to their fans like SEGA does. You don't like SA2, fine. But that doesn't mean others don't.

• Thumbs Up 5

Did you read the rest of my post? They have given us proof this time.

Did you read the rest of my post? They have given us proof this time.

Did you read my second post? The "proof" that they have given is nothing more than the same occasional model and texture replacements that they ended up doing with Adventure DX, hence the original comparison.

This is so far shaping up to be nothing more than a mildly worked over port of an 11 year old game. Expecting any more from it at this point is foolish, and saying that it is "more than a port" in response to others saying that they don't expect anything from it is a highly deceptive statement.

Edited by Gilda

Guys, I am sick of people, especially HERE, taking jabs at SEGA for a problem that more often than not, is not their fault.

They probably always planned to announce this at Sonic Boom, and everything was scheduled as such, and then Microsoft happened. It's like Microsoft does it intentionally because I guess they believe if people see it on Xbox first, they are less likely to buy on their PS3's.

SEGA's 'announcement' is really damage control. And you will NEVER see a company in the gaming business cater to their fans like SEGA does. You don't like SA2, fine. But that doesn't mean others don't.

"You'll never see a company cater to the fans like SEGA does".

Insomniac Games says hi.

Edited by Felix

Did you read my second post? The "proof" that they have given is nothing more than the same occasional model and texture replacements that they ended up doing with Adventure DX. This is nothing more than a mildly worked over port. Expecting any more from it at this point is foolish.

I don't have time to go through pages to read peoples posts. If you're going to reply, then quote. Or else I'm not going to know.

And what they did with Sonic Adventure DX made the game worse. Apart from worse texture replacements and a shiny shader, it's the same as the PC version. They didn't say they were going to remaster it like they said they're going to this time. They have actually improved things this time instead of making it worse. Improved textures, improved models, more stage detail, widescreen support. The proof is all there. This port is far superior than the Sonic Adventure port already.

Edited by -L-

I don't have time to go through pages to read peoples posts. If you're going to reply, then quote. Or else I'm not going to know.

You don't have time to recognize that I was defending? You don't have time to look at the post I made 4 posts after the one you quoted? How the hell is that my problem that you won't even bother to pay attention to what other people are saying before responding to them, particularly when you had the balls to say that I didn't read everything you said?

And what they did with Sonic Adventure DX made the game worse. Apart from worse texture replacements and a shiny shader, it's the same as the PC version.
They have actually improved things this time instead of making it worse.

You know, contrary to what you are implying, I kind of doubt that they intentionally made Adventure DX worse than the original game. And having seen what the handful of leaked screenshots show, I'm not really seeing this dramatic improvement you keep insisting is there.

So you're going to have to do a bit better than "well, Adventure DX was shit, but this one clearly isn't" in response to people who aren't expecting anything earth-moving.

They didn't say they were going to remaster it like they said they're going to this time.

Yes, they absolutely did. As I already pointed out, the hype went so far as to call Adventure DX an outright remake of the original. How can you say this with a straight face?

This port is far superior than the Sonic Adventure port already.

I see you've played it already.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm not going to lie, I'll probably end up getting this even though it's a pretty shit game. The cutscenes are pretty funny at times but not as hilarious as the ones in Shadow. Man I love that game. We need an XBLA/PSN port of that gem!

Edited by Justin Bieber
  • Thumbs Up 4

So then why are you here then?

I'm not going to lie, I'll probably end up getting this even though it's a pretty shit game. The cutscenes are pretty funny at times but not as hilarious as the ones in Shadow. Man I love that game. We need an XBLA/PSN port of that gem!

It is very hard to take you serious. SHTH was not a good game on any terms. SA2 rapes that game and pisses on it before it heads to bed. This is a fact.

Also, why the hate around here. Can't we all just chill and drink a cold one? Damn.

Edited by Eternal X

-L-, I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but to me this port looks exactly like the GameCube version played in HD/widescreen using emulation. Could you provide examples of exactly where you're seeing these extra details you keep going on about? You keep mentioning it and you're making me curious.

So then why are you here then?

Because this is "Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion," not "bash Sonic Adventure 2," although I agree it would've been nice to really specify that. We should be discussing things such as how the REMAKE will turn out, not the old titles, unless it's for reference.

I mean, there is not even a fucking trailer and people are already saying "This game should be better with just Sonic in it."No, it won't be. If SEGA does that, people will bitch that it's not worth $15, because that's what we do best: complain, complain, complain. So if you are gonna complain about Sonic Adventure 2, as in the already released versions, I would prefer it to be done somewhere else.

• Thumbs Up 1

-L-, I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but to me this port looks exactly like the GameCube version played in HD/widescreen using emulation. Could you provide examples of exactly where you're seeing these extra details you keep going on about? You keep mentioning it and you're making me curious.

You should know that emulation can be more taxing on a computer then actual PC ports. plus modding roms/isos can be more complicated then modding actual files. then theres the whole legal issue....

• Thumbs Up 1

Because this is "Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion," not "bash Sonic Adventure 2," although I agree it would've been nice to really specify that. We should be discussing things such as how the REMAKE will turn out, not the old titles, unless it's for reference.

I mean, there is not even a fucking trailer and people are already saying "This game should be better with just Sonic in it."No, it won't be. If SEGA does that, people will bitch that it's not worth $15, because that's what we do best: complain, complain, complain. So if you are gonna complain about Sonic Adventure 2, as in the already released versions, I would prefer it to be done somewhere else.

Well, they're right about that. The alternate gameplay is terrible.

You should know that emulation can be more taxing on a computer then actual PC ports. plus modding roms/isos can be more complicated then modding actual files. then theres the whole legal issue....

I know that, but it appears you misunderstood my post. I'm buying the port and I generally don't approve of emulation if a legal alternative is available. -L- is claiming this port is enhanced and I'm saying it looks exactly the same as the emulation. Edited by XD375

I really liked that reveal. It showed that SEGA are at least able to poke fun at themselves (over how much of their stuff has been leaked over the past few years), and, "Leaking onto your consoles this fall". Golden.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just think that SEGA needs us, their fanbase, more than ever. Instead of spending so much time nitpicking, we should be grateful that at least SEGA is TRYING. I don't mind to read people's opinions on what they think Adventure 2 should have, as long as they are constructive in some way. Like if, for example, if SEGA added increments of awards for emblems; say, if you get 10 emblems, you see concept art of City Escape, or at 30 emblems, it unlocks the original Dreamcast trailer. SEGA, I really hope you're reading this, because I would LOOOOOOVE that, and it should be easy to code that in.

HOWEVER, if this new port is as bad as Sonic Adventure was last year (and by bad, I mean lazy, with a lack of effort of making it stand out from Gamecube's DX), then that's definitely something worth discussing here. Until then, stop the pessimism please.

• Thumbs Up 4