Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Just because Sonic 4 was bad that doesn't mean a SA3 will be bad. Sonic 4 was made by Dimps not Sonic Team.

Sonic 4 is made by Dimps with some members of Sonic Team.

Also sorry for going off topic but that SA3 logo looks lazy as hell. They just took the Sonic Adventure DX logo and slap 3 on there. That always bother me when I see SA3 supporters put it on the sigs. :|

Edited by sonfan1984

Sonic 4 is made by Dimps with some members of Sonic Team.

Yes, but all the programming was done by Dimps. Which is why people hated Episode 1. Episode 2 was pretty good, but it's time the Adventure fans get our proper Adventure 3!

Me saying I don't like SA2 is inappropriate?

..wat

Yes. Going up to people who like the game saying it's "shit" several times is inappropriate. Don't try and change what you said.

That's interesting. Because going around responding to those who say the game won't be any good by making shit up outright to defend it isn't tolerated in my eyes.

Going around and spreading shouldn't be tolerated either.

I don't see how responding to posts by telling them it has had some updates is "Making shit up". I've explained the differences. Some of the things I said such as enhanced textures and more detail may very well be because of the new filters installed, but that still makes it a difference. Dolphin also does have texture enhancing filters (Making the game much more clear) that the Gamecube and Dreamcast doesn't have.

The difference being that I'm not the one saying people aren't allowed to have a different opinion,

I never said people can't have a different opinion. I said you can say what you want as long as it's appropriate.

You have spent plenty of time on this forum calling out other Sonic games for perhaps being not so good or recycling ideas, sometimes in completely unrelated threads. Just because in this thread you like said game, doesn't mean that all of a sudden the board should ban or disallow negative discussion.

Discussion is a two way street. If you're allowed to like something someone else is allowed to dislike it, and vice versa.

Talking about people having "opinions" is a redundant conversation thread unlikely to go anywhere.

No more snarky jabs at each other. Either talk about the game or get out of the thread. This goes for everyone, pro or anti, not just L.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying you're allowed to post whatever opinions you may have, but responding to users who like it by just calling it "shit" really isn't appropriate. There are much better ways of getting your opinions across without being rude and blatant. Posts like that really aren't needed.

=====================================================================================

Does anyone see any differences in the new screenshots?

Edited by -L-

Just because Sonic 4 was bad that doesn't mean a SA3 will be bad. Sonic 4 was made by Dimps not Sonic Team. I'll never give up for SA3!

And how do you know they won't make a poor choice like that for SA3? If they didn't have the common sense to treat a concept such as "Sonic The Hedgehog 4" with great care, quite frankly I don't know what to expect.

And how do you know they won't make a poor choice like that for SA3? If they didn't have the common sense to treat a concept such as "Sonic The Hedgehog 4" with great care, quite frankly I don't know what to expect.

Exactly. We don't know how any game will turn out. That doesn't mean we can't get the game we want! Some of us love the innovations such as mech shooting and treasure hunting with a balance of high speed thrill in between, as well as a good plot.

As much as I'd like to see a sequel to the adventure games (Name or just gameplay-style), I can't see Sonic Team handling it very well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Exactly. We don't know how any game will turn out. That doesn't mean we can't get the game we want! Some of us love the innovations such as mech shooting and treasure hunting with a balance of high speed thrill in between, as well as a good plot.

And some of expect to actually spend a decent amount of time as the title character, whose gameplay is what have come to know and enjoy. Just like the Werehog, I believe that those sections aren't bad, they just don't belong. If I want a game where I aim and shoot at things, I'll get something like House of the Dead. If I want to go hunting for treasure, I'll buy Tomb Raider. When I buy a Sonic game, I have the realistic expectation of high-speed platforming in mind.

• Thumbs Up 4

And some of expect to actually spend a decent amount of time as the title character, whose gameplay is what have come to know and enjoy. Just like the Werehog, I believe that those sections aren't bad, they just don't belong. If I want a game where I aim and shoot at things, I'll get something like House of the Dead. If I want to go hunting for treasure, I'll buy Tomb Raider. When I buy a Sonic game, I have the realistic expectation of high-speed platforming in mind.

Well they could make the other characters optional then and if people want they can just play Sonic's campaign.

Innovations? No no no no no no, FUCK NO

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 7

So yeah.

How about that Sonic Adventure 2?

I hope it'll have a Steam port. That would certainly get me excited, for obvious reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone think we'll get any new features? The recent Dreamcast ports have received new features. It's not that far out of reach.

Does anyone think we'll get any new features? The recent Dreamcast ports have received new features. It's not that far out of reach.

While it's pretty unlikely, I would be totally satisfied if they added nothing more than online multiplayer support.

It's sad how unlikely that is too, because online multiplayer is sort of a standard in today's industry.

• Thumbs Up 1

They might have a new mode like the Metal Sonic Trial from Sonic Adventure DX. It might be Metal Sonic in one player Sonic levels.

I'm hoping for updated textures and bug/glitch fixes that were complained about in the SA2 GC port. otherwise I'm not reaching for the stars here I know what to expect basically. and we will be able to achieve (almost) anything we want with a PC port.

I don't see how responding to posts by telling them it has had some updates is "Making shit up".

Because every time someone says this will be nothing more than a lazy-ish port akin to the original Adventure DX you seem to take it personally, and each time you've responded to them you've done so by saying things that simply are not true to try to vindicate yourself when backed into a corner over it. I'm not sure how else I can define the term for you if you haven't figured it out yet.

I've explained the differences.

By stating examples of differences that don't exist. "Higher poly models." "Enhanced textures." "More objects in the levels." "Remastered remastered remastered."

Some of the things I said such as enhanced textures and more detail may very well be because of the new filters installed, but that still makes it a difference.

Yes. The exact same difference that has been pointed out to you several times that is a natural byproduct of rendering the game at a higher resolution, and in no way constitutes the proof you kept insisting was there regarding how much effort Sega was putting into this. So it seems we've come full circle now.

Yes. Going up to people who like the game saying it's "shit" several times is inappropriate. Don't try and change what you said.
I never said people can't have a different opinion. I said you can say what you want as long as it's appropriate.
That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying you're allowed to post whatever opinions you may have, but responding to users who like it by just calling it "shit" really isn't appropriate.

Someone saying "Why would we be optimistic over a re-release of a mediocre game?" doesn't really seem worth you launching a crusade over, particularly since your member group reads "Member" and not "Moderator."

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 5

While it's pretty unlikely, I would be totally satisfied if they added nothing more than online multiplayer support.

It's sad how unlikely that is too, because online multiplayer is sort of a standard in today's industry.

As much as I'd love that, I really can't see that happening. It's much more difficult and time consuming to program online-multiplayer into a game like Sonic Adventure 2, than it is to program it into a game like Sonic 3.

In terms of new features, I can imagine us getting some new themes via DLC perhaps.

Personally, I'd like to see Green Hill get some missions such as 'find the chao' and 'hard mode'. I always wondered why those were missing in the original.

Ok I read only a 1/4 of of the posts in the beginning of this topic as well as a few of the latter ones before I got a headache and gave up...if I kept reading at this rate it was going to be a migrane waiting to happen for me. Maybe I'll get back to reading this topic eventually...only another time because my head really hurts from what I've read so far. sad.png

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the port of Sonic Adventure 2. I enjoyed what I saw from playthroughs from other gamers on Youtube and I just love the soundtrack. I've been wanting to play this game myself for quite sometime.

I'm not going to worry or concern myself with the possible bad reviews this game may get. More times than none scores and reviews in general tend to irritate me as they never seem to be justified. I'll just hope for the best, that the game does well with both sales and scores...either way I'm happy because I've never played Sonic Adventure 2, as I never had a Dreamcast nor have I yet to find the Gamecube version at a price I didn't find ridiculously expensive, being in good condition.

So more than likely I will be downloading this game on day 1, finally being able to play the game, and I plan on enjoying it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well since we aren't getting THEONETHINGITFUCKINGNEEDEDRESDGTHSRGHD online multiplayer, I would at least hope they fix the camera and control a bit.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well since we aren't getting THEONETHINGITFUCKINGNEEDEDRESDGTHSRGHD online multiplayer, I would at least hope they fix the camera and control a bit.

I'd really like if they fixed White Jungle/Green Forest's half-tube somehow too.

That thing was REALLY broken. rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

I could be wrong, but wasn't the camera worse in the Gamecube version for a lot of areas? Sonic was pushed further down the screen I believe, whereas he was centered in the Dreamcast version.

Are you really going to drag up the argument after a moderator has said to knock it off and the thread has gotten back on topic? Let's not.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the camera worse in the Gamecube version for a lot of areas? Sonic was pushed further down the screen I believe, whereas he was centered in the Dreamcast version.

Are you really going to drag up the argument after a moderator has said to knock it off and the thread has gotten back on topic? Let's not.

I didn't really notice any camera differences between the two other than Final Rush/Final Chase where it bugged the fuck out for me in the DC version.

I didn't really notice any camera differences between the two other than Final Rush/Final Chase where it bugged the fuck out for me in the DC version.

Yeah, it wasn't really too noticeable, but it did bug me for Sonic's parts.

And there you go again with that bullshit. Like clockwork.

And reiterating again out of the hopes that you get it this time that this port doesn't have any of the things you have been saying it has had for a month now is perfectly on topic, funnily enough. The Sonic Adventure 3 nonsense that Sean was referring to was not.

Edited by Gilda