Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I really don't want Kirk Thornton anywhere near Shadow's SA2 performance if they would insist on him using that same embarrassing drawl.

On the overall subject, nice that they're releasing it for the crowd with no easy means of playing it. Probably not going to get it, as I snagged a GC copy not too long ago and can simply pop it in the Wii if I feel the need to.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really don't want Kirk Thornton anywhere near Shadow's SA2 performance

Could not have said it better myself. David's performance was one, if not the best I've seen in the series next to anything by Pollock. Really wish David would have stayed as shadow.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm still eagerly waiting this SA2 re-release. Should I kill myself for being a bad person?

It really seems that way whenever I read this topic.

Haha I asked myself the same question. I personally can't wait for it.

Gonna be honest, CD feels like a massive chore to me. The music and graphics are great, but just the level design and collision detection don't cut it out for me.

I'm still eagerly waiting this SA2 re-release. Should I kill myself for being a bad person?

You're not the only one!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ths is a bit of a rant, so I appologize in advance.

-RANT

This re-release will do fine. SA1 on X360/PS3 isn't really that bad. Since when does Sega have to go through all this effort. When it came out 3 years ago I was just happy to play it again, given that I don't have a GC/Wii, and only burrowed a friends DC to see the games. The only thing about the newer versions of SA1 that bothered was the widescreen border and even so I got used to it.

All other ports were never changed. Why do you people think that the Adventure games were going to be fixed. Sonic CD's core gameplay barely changed.

If you already own the game for the DC or GC versions, don't get it. But for us that don't let us enjoy it. And by thankful we even get that chance again.

-RANT END

The reasons above are why I don't understand why people bash this. So in short, you think I'm excited?

HELL YES!

Edited by CCH3900
  • Thumbs Up 2

I already own the game on the Gamecube twice (Used copy and a mint sealed copy), and also on the Dreamcast three-times if the betas count (Full retail version, the trial version, the promotional beta).

I'm still getting this though. This looks like the best version of the game so far.

I already own the game on the Gamecube twice (Used copy and a mint sealed copy), and also on the Dreamcast three-times if the betas count (Full retail version, the trial version, the promotional beta).

I'm still getting this though. This looks like the best version of the game so far.

Edited by Jango

Sonic Adventure 2 is the first 3D Sonic game I ever played, and while there are still some problems that I have with the game (those goddamn treasure hunting segments UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH), it's still one of my personal favorite games in the series. I can sympathize with people who say this game is overrated to an extent, but it's still a great game IMO. And it's the last 3D game in the series where Sonic's control is still tight and doesn't feel slippery (I'm not counting 2006 since that game is bogged down with too much bullcrap for me to remotely like the core gameplay). I still have the Gamecube port of the game, but I'm gonna download this port anyway, since I still love this game, even with its problems.

I doubt they'll do much to improve the voice acting. Wouldn't they have to re-record the lines with the new voice cast and then re-edit all the sound effects and such? The sfx probably wouldn't be too hard to find, but I still doubt they'll re-record the lines.

I am kinda disappointed that there's no online multiplayer though. :/

Didn't the SA1 port sell pretty well on XBLA? I thought it was in the top 10 selling xbox live games for like a week or so. Anyway I'm not a huge fan of SA2, nor do I hate it. It had it's annoying frustrating, hair pulling moments, but I was able to beat it. Really the only reason I'm getting it is to get every Sonic Achievement and avatar award. And perhaps leaderboards. If it has multiplayer then that's a cool bonus. Although looking at Sonic 4 episode 2, probably no one will play online.:P

Sonic Adventure 2 is great, we all know that. What Sega has to do is make the game appeal to Sonic Adventure veterans and newcomers alike. They know this, but how will they approach that problem?

I've had my copy of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for ten years now. I need good reasons to download the new version. Make me a believer in this new version, Sega.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

I DO own SA2 on the DC and the GCN, but I will download it day one. Here's why:

1. SEGA isn't doing too well financially, and I want to support them as I think their recent efforts (Generations, S4EP2 to a small degree, CD2011 [though that doesn't really count]) are showing improvements, so I think they can continue the pattern and maybe become great again

2. I want to have as many of the main Sonic games on one system (my case: Xbox 360) as I can, so this will make me one step closer (S1, S2, S3&K, SA1, 06, Unleashed, Generations). This also means I will buy Heroes HD, Shadow (cringes by saying that), and maybe a Colors HD!

3. I am a collector of these games

Ok, as for SA2 itself, watch the only new 'feature' be a way of sending Chao between the SAs ports.

Edited by Mr.Snarf
  • Thumbs Up 8

As much as I don't want to be troubled with the hunting stages again (Whenever I replay SA2, it's always the speed and mech stages), I will probably still buy this, just because of SEGA's situation of finances. I'd rather suffer through hunting stages then have Sonic die.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I should make a new Sega Forums account so I can bitch and moan about online multiplayer where there are actually employees.

• Thumbs Up 7

Maybe it'll be released as close to his birthday as possible. Seems likely.

Hopefully SOAP shoes are still in.

Give me size 14 SOAPS and I will be a happy fan.

Ok, as for SA2 itself, watch the only new 'feature' be a way of sending Chao between the SAs ports.

I would actually really like this! Send my super Chao that gave me 100% in SA1 over to SA2 and let him destroy all of the races in 1 go? Genius! It also helps that the default evolution in SA1 is neutral, so he could take on both the Hero and Dark races while he's at it. Hehe.

So CD "HD" port (which isn't really HD and is just same game with new spindash) is just same shit with widescreen and isn't worth playing.

Of course it's worth playing. Sonic CD port is the same game but with new features and improvements to it. It has a playable Tails (the selling point for me), has the option to choose between the US and Japanese soundtracks, screen select feature, better physics, etc. This is coming from someone who doesn't care about Sonic CD until I've played the port. It's funny that this SA2 'HD' port is probably the same shit with widescreen so I guess that isn't worth playing either.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you enjoy playing Sonic CD but don't like SA2, fine. If you like playing SA2 and don't like CD, that is okay as well. Lets be clear though, the Sonic CD re-release in 2011 was fantastic. I wish people would stop saying it's a port when IT'S NOT!!!!!. Sonic CD 2011 was re-built from the ground up (from scratch) using a brand new physics engine. It basically plays like the original with some very good enhancements. Like or hate CD, the quality of the re-release product should not be underestimated.

As for SA2, i never played the original. I have played SA1 and I am looking forward to playing the SA2 port (not a remake like Sonic CD) with HD and Widescreen graphics. We don't know exactly what the game will play like until it is released (or more like in poor SEGA's case, leaked). So until you see the final product-SA2 port, it's not fair to judge.

I think it is fair to say that the quality of SEGA's recent Sonic games digital releases have improve a lot. I hope this continues.

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Of course it's worth playing. Sonic CD port is the same game but with new features and improvements to it. It has a playable Tails (the selling point for me), has the option to choose between the US and Japanese soundtracks, screen select feature, better physics, etc. This is coming from someone who doesn't care about Sonic CD until I've played the port. It's funny that this SA2 'HD' port is probably the same shit with widescreen so I guess that isn't worth playing either.

It was my point.

It was my point.

Except from what we know about this port so far, the only thing they've done is pretty up some textures and change HUD stuff... (At least I haven't seen anything else)

I mean, they might add some things that would make me feel like I want this, but so far I'm better off just keeping my GC version.

I'm not even bothered if there won't be any new features added to this port but to me it would be really necessary. If with any hope there will be a online multiplayer mode which includes Chao Karate then I certainly will download this as soon as this gets released. If not then I don't see what's the point of complaining, it would then come to a decision whether if you want to buy it or you don't.

Am I the only one expecting them to take out all of the multiplayer enhancements from Battle and add them back in as dlc? :P

Am I the only one expecting them to take out all of the multiplayer enhancements from Battle and add them back in as dlc? tongue.png

I'm expecting the same thing. But it would be a stupid decision of them to do that. =/ But hey, it's SEGA.

I'm expecting the same thing. But it would be a stupid decision of them to do that. =/ But hey, it's SEGA.

It's also business, and from a business standpoint it's a good idea.

Market the game as Sonic Adventure 2 (which they are) then say 'hey wanna turn it into SA2 battle which is 'better?' Download the DLC now!"

• Thumbs Up 6

It's also business, and from a business standpoint it's a good idea.

Market the game as Sonic Adventure 2 (which they are) then say 'hey wanna turn it into SA2 battle which is 'better?' Download the DLC now!"

That does make sense...

But the one thing that would make a big selling point for this port would be online multiplayer.