Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I wonder if they will use the new Omochao voice clips for the game. Would miss the SA2 Omochao if they did.

That does make sense...

But the one thing that would make a big selling point for this port would be online multiplayer.

Last time SEGA did online with ports looked what happened, we got laggy Sonic 2 & 3&Knuckles online modes what was so slow when playing against anyone on them so I'd be happy if SEGA stayed away with online multiplayer with Sonic ports.

Last time SEGA did online with ports looked what happened, we got laggy Sonic 2 & 3&Knuckles online modes what was so slow when playing against anyone on them so I'd be happy if SEGA stayed away with online multiplayer with Sonic ports.

Sonic 4: Episode 2's online was also super laggy. So yeah, ya kinda have a point there.

I'd just be worried, personally, that they would not be able to get rights to a few of the music tracks and end up having to switch them out.

Sonic 4: Episode 2's online was also super laggy. So yeah, ya kinda have a point there.

All this complaining about Episode 2's DLC I don't understand... I only lagged in one session. I've played the game online A LOT..

Anyways though, I'm not gonna go off on a tangent.

I doubt I'll buy this game unless they add online multiplayer. Maybe if there was some OTHER incentive, but I doubt it...

I didn't think so. I played with a friend from over 1500 miles away, and we didn't have any problems with lag. Mostly smooth sailing.

Although SEGA's online has always been weird. According to the PC versions of Generations AND Episode 2, I'm in an unspecified European country...

Yeah, I never had any lag either.

Though the characters in SA2 are faster than they are in Sonic 4 from what I could see.

Well I don't think you can really compare how they move in 3D to how they move in 2D

Eh... I say if games like Call of duty, Need for speed and other fast paced games can do well with online multiplayer, I don't see a reason why SA2 couldn't. It's not like we are playing Unleashed HD online. (now that would be freaking crazy.)

Eh... I say if games like Call of duty, Need for speed and other fast paced games can do well with online multiplayer, I don't see a reason why SA2 couldn't. It's not like we are playing Unleashed HD online. (now that would be freaking crazy.)

Yeah but those games are made specifically so you can play them online so of course the online is gonna be as polished as possible. SA2 was originally made without online multiplayer and adding online to it would require talent and a ton of polish for it to work without lag. Considering Sega's track record with this(Sonic 2 online) it would probably not be very good.

Sad thing about the Dreamcast is that even though it pioneered the DLC and online movement, it was still years behind for things like online Person-to-Person multiplayer. Not saying it wasn't there because I know Quake and Half Life were multiplayer games, but it just wasn't that great hell we were trying to have serious multiplayer matches on 56k modems, you tell me how that worked out and not everybody had that fancy LAN adapter that was up-the-butt expensive at the time.

Right now all they can do is add a leaderboard because thats whats there in the old Dreamcast online code which behind the Gamecube improvements is basically what this port is. to build a PtP multiplayer you would need to build a whole new code set and test it multiple (read: 1000s of) times both offline and online, things I'm sure the porting team isn't being paid to do or has time to do it in.

Shame gamecube was an mostly offline console otherwise we may have seen an online SA2B and then we wouldn't be bitching about this.

So to sum things up, Fuck you Nintendo for making Gamecube a primary offline console.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sad thing about the Dreamcast is that even though it pioneered the DLC and online movement, it was still years behind for things like online Person-to-Person multiplayer. Not saying it wasn't there because I know Quake and Half Life were multiplayer games, but it just wasn't that great hell we were trying to have serious multiplayer matches on 56k modems, you tell me how that worked out and not everybody had that fancy LAN adapter that was up-the-butt expensive at the time.

Right now all they can do is add a leaderboard because thats whats there in the old Dreamcast online code which behind the Gamecube improvements is basically what this port is. to build a PtP multiplayer you would need to build a whole new code set and test it multiple (read: 1000s of) times both offline and online, things I'm sure the porting team isn't being paid to do or has time to do it in.

Shame gamecube was an mostly offline console otherwise we may have seen an online SA2B and then we wouldn't be bitching about this.

So to sum things up, Fuck you Nintendo for making Gamecube a primary offline console.

They added an online multiplayer to Sonic 2 port. SONIC 2! I know is like compare oranges with apples, but if they worked they asses off to build this codes and add a online multiplayer to a 1992 game, they can work to add one to a 2001 game. Think Sonic 2 as an warming-up of this.

That Sonic 2 was an emulation, not a port. The emulator had online code. Not Sonic 2 itself.

This is a port. Adding online code to this is a totally different and much trickier process. Putting new code into an old project isn't exactly a walk in the park for SEGA's digital team, who previously didn't even bother to put 16:9 into the Sonic Adventure DX port.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the Archie comics put into magazine form from the sound of it. I doubt they'll be put into the right order; At least at first. Panini does a decent release of the Star Wars comics, but those are much more popular. Star Wars has a bunchof series and Germany only releases one main comic with different story lines each time (Though they usually span a few issues) and release stories they couldn't like that in TBP format. They're even releasing the old Marvel comics. They also have a Clone Wars magazine for younger kids, it seems that'll be like this. Hopefully they'll release the whole series in TBP format, like the Archives only bigger.

I'll buy this to check it out. Maybe today, if I can.

P.S. It looks like they're releasing the Kid Icarus AR Cards, too

P.P.S.This belongs in the Archie comics thread.

That Sonic 2 was an emulation, not a port. The emulator had online code. Not Sonic 2 itself.

This is a port. Adding online code to this is a totally different and much trickier process. Putting new code into an old project isn't exactly a walk in the park for SEGA's digital team, who previously didn't even bother to put 16:9 into the Sonic Adventure DX port.

• Thumbs Up 1

So was thinking, since you won't be able to get the tails chao the legit way i wonder if they will add in a way to get it. I myself will probably spend more time with the chao then anything else >.>

Would have been a cool idea to do one of these ideas where if they recognise save date from another game or if you have the game downloaded unlocked the egg in the chao garden.

Sonic 1/2 - Tails

Sonic Adventure - Knuckles

Sonic CD - Amy

Just my thoughts, i for one dont care for any online mode. Rather they left that to a new game.

I decided to play the copy of SA2:B I own, and I am now really excited for this (or at least, a little bit more than I already was).

Edited by Mr.Snarf

So was thinking, since you won't be able to get the tails chao the legit way i wonder if they will add in a way to get it. I myself will probably spend more time with the chao then anything else >.>

Would have been a cool idea to do one of these ideas where if they recognise save date from another game or if you have the game downloaded unlocked the egg in the chao garden.

Sonic 1/2 - Tails

Sonic Adventure - Knuckles

Sonic CD - Amy

Just my thoughts, i for one dont care for any online mode. Rather they left that to a new game.

I have a feeling they'll most likely do something like that if they care enough to allow the extra chao data to unlock legit. What better way to reward loyal customers. :P It's nothing major, but I'd take it in a heartbeat! Of course if it means I need the xbox arcade versions of Sonic 1/2 (I'm assuming it'd probably be 2), then I guess I'll be missing out of the one special chao in that list that I actually had in the gamecube port. D:

Soooo... in other words, they're being lazy.

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 2

Soooo... in other words, they're being lazy.

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that.

Relax, I was in no way claiming it's okay to be as incompetent as they are.