Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Now that I'm done doing a celebratory dance...

We should thank SEGA once this is an official announcement. I think for all the shit we give them we should really send a personal thank you their way once in a while even if its just a small thing like releasing an old Sonic game on PC or something.

I know its probably just all business on their end and they know that a PC port will increase profits, but it did mean allot to us that they went through with making a PC port.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that I'm done doing a celebratory dance...

We should thank SEGA once this is an official announcement. I think for all the shit we give them we should really send a personal thank you their way once in a while even if its just a small thing like releasing an old Sonic game on PC or something.

I know its probably just all business on their end and they know that a PC port will increase profits, but it did mean allot to us that they went through with making a PC port.

Dude, feel free to use my sign for that if you want, it's its purpose :)

As I have never played SA2, I am thinking should I get it on PC or PSN?

Fuck it, I will get it on both.

First time I get to play the game will be in HD, Widescreen. That's just plain awesome.

As I have never played SA2, I am thinking should I get it on PC or PSN?

Fuck it, I will get it on both.

First time I get to play the game will be in HD, Widescreen. That's just plain awesome.

I say both as well, PSN just to say you played a console version and PC for PC support and the eventual stuff were gonna have fun with it.

Was the steam release of SA1 Mac compatible? I wonder if SA2 will be.

I dont have a PC but I do have a mac and it would be cool to enjoy the benefits of the modding too.

I have a feeling SA3 is coming and just like CD re-release this will give the new audience a chance to buy both SA titles from the Store (PS store), XBL or Steam that way then can experience what they missed before its time for SA3 to drop, reply if you think this theory makes sense to some extent, I just have this feeling, first the HunnidP rumour, The XBLA page with pictures of the PS3 version confirming both versions and now the domains and they cost a a lot of money to register, no person is going to waste money just to fool people and considering the fact that a lot of the were registered around the same time period, somethings up

Edited by TaliTundie
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've always wondered, where are all these glitches people keep talking about? I keep hearing that this game has almost as many glitches as Sonic 06, but I rarely find more than a single glitch... I play it all the time and I never run into things like falling/clipping through the floor. In fact, the only major glitch that I know of is in Final Rush where you get stuck on the platform, but I only know of that through the Clementj642 video on youtube

Edited by Mr.Snarf

I have a feeling SA3 is coming and just like CD re-release this will give the new audience a chance to buy both SA titles from the Store (PS store), XBL or Steam that way then can experience what they missed before its time for SA3 to drop, reply if you think this theory makes sense to some extent, I just have this feeling, first the HunnidP rumour, The XBLA page with pictures of the PS3 version confirming both versions and now the domains and they cost a a lot of money to register, no person is going to waste money just to fool people and considering the fact that a lot of the were registered around the same time period, somethings up

The domain was bought by some French guy. It was false.

Anyways: FUCK YEAH MODDING SA2! I never liked SA2 compared to 1 so mods should make it much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what I've always thought too.

I've always wondered, where are all these glitches people keep talking about? I keep hearing that this game has almost as many glitches as Sonic 06

Who on earth said that? They must be confused.

The clipping glitches don't happen as frequently in SA2 as they do in SA1. Camera is still shit though.

And then there's Final Rush/Final Chase...

Also, they're more apparent in the Dreamcast version from my experience.

Edited by Solkia-kun

I don't really remember it being buggy, I just remember the level design for Sonic's levels being a bit on the bland side (still a lot of fun though) and Tails and Knuckles being boring as shit to play as.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really buggy to me, it's actually the camera I have more problems with. But yeah SA1 and 06 are much more glitchy. SA2 feels relatively polished, but not completely.

The clipping glitches don't happen as frequently in SA2 as they do in SA1. Camera is still shit though.

And then there's Final Rush/Final Chase...

Also, they're more apparent in the Dreamcast version from my experience.

I dunno about you guyyyssss.....buuuuutttt

Those are some of favourite levels in SA2...Final Rush is one of my favourite all time Sonic levels to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not saying it's a bad level, I'm just saying I've fallen through the rails numerous times, and had the camera bug out on me.

EDIT: the rail thing only happened on the DC version for me. Never had that problem on the GC version.

Edited by Solkia-kun

Only glaring problems I'm even aware of with Adventure 2 Battle was the "double jump" bug.

Only glaring problems I'm even aware of with Adventure 2 Battle was the "double jump" bug.

Isn't that just a problem on the PAL version? Not sure if NTSC gets it too. But it's fucking annoying either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never personally experienced it, but that's about as far as I can go towards saying whether it is there or not.