Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Well guys I played rouge's mad space for the first time today... all I can say is the issue of bigger stages and "broken" radar really come into play here. On top of the normal issues whos brilliant idea was it to give me hints on where the emerald ISN'T as well as giving hints which are back to front. I would really like for an option to switch between SA 1 & 2 radar systems similar to the spindash option in the CD re-release.

Like I said, it's apparently just a PAL issue to do how the game was adjusted to work on our TVs. Contrary to popular belief, it occurs on both 50Hz and 60Hz settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have both a European controller and an American one. When I use the European one,I experience the bug, but when I use the American one, It doesn't happen. I have a Euro Dreamcast too.

I'm confused, SEGA, how would formatting to work on PAL TVs cause a glitch like that? I have never heard of such a thing before. I can see why people in PAL territories would have problems with this game with a glitch like that.

Remember that allot of research that was done on SADX since 2003 can be ported over to SA2 since SA2's console version files were dabbed around with for editors and such.

So I don't think theres going to be that big of a wait to see hacks done for SA2. I'm sure pro hackers like Dude and Mainmemory are and have been prepping for this day to come.

1 topic on Retro I'd keep an eye on is this one:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=28035

A newcomer to Retro hacker named darkspines35 has been working on console version hacks for a while so he may be first out of the gate.

Like I said, it's apparently just a PAL issue to do how the game was adjusted to work on our TVs. Contrary to popular belief, it occurs on both 50Hz and 60Hz settings.

That's odd as I had that issue UNTIL I changed to 60Hz on the Gamecube start up screen for SA2:B.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I've never had it in years and I always play on 60hz.

The only MAJOR bug I ever have is on Crazy Gadget where the camera will spazz out and stare at Sonic's feet while keeping centered on the artificial chaos enemy on the second-to-last platform in the final room. Happens at random and can usually be predicted by whether the camera doesn't change to the scripted posistion (and instead follows Sonic, pointing downwards) on the grind rail leaving the big green room with multiple choice gravity switches earlier on.

Edited by JezMM

Is it bad that I kind of want to hear Escape from the City played at 50Hz? Or does the slowdown only apply to the Mega Drive?

Is it bad that I kind of want to hear Escape from the City played at 50Hz? Or does the slowdown only apply to the Mega Drive?

Yeah, that sort of slowdown only applies to the way they format the games. S1 ran slower with slower music, S2 ran at the correct speed with slower music and S3 ran fine. With SA2 it's the refresh rate sometime causing the game to recognise two button presses by mistake, but the game otherwise runs fine. The double-jump occurs most often in when facing the Egg Golem as Sonic.

And say what you will, I only ever play the game on 60Hz and know it to be an issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Isn't that just a problem on the PAL version? Not sure if NTSC gets it too. But it's fucking annoying either way.

Are we talking about being able to jump after getting hit? Because I really like not dying because Sonic goes into "DURRRRRRR I CAN'T MOVE" mode after getting hit and falls into the fiery abyss of whatever stage I'm playing.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

Yeah, that sort of slowdown only applies to the way they format the games. S1 ran slower with slower music, S2 ran at the correct speed with slower music and S3 ran fine. With SA2 it's the refresh rate sometime causing the game to recognise two button presses by mistake, but the game otherwise runs fine. The double-jump occurs most often in when facing the Egg Golem as Sonic.

And say what you will, I only ever play the game on 60Hz and know it to be an issue.

I'll agree that I always used to get it most often on the Egg Golem battle yeah. I don't know why I haven't had it happen in so long.

The sticky button in SA2b (which is the only version I've played) was really annoying, so I would hope they fix this for the re-release. And yeah, I never found SA2 to be that glitchy, definitely not as much as the first game. Let's not forget the awful grinding rail jumping where you'd fling yourself off the rail and die.

That's why I hate Final Rush. D:<

What I really want to do with the PC version is swap some of the action command buttons. I hate having both the Bounce and Lightspeed Dash on the same button

Look like I can sell my Action Replay. I won't need it to hack characters into other stages.

You know what I've never done? I've never won (or even competed in) the Chao Races. The most I've ever done in the Chao gardens is unlock the Dark and Hero gardens.

Yessss.

Since mods are able to be done, it'd be cool to see a mod getting rid of all the mech shooting and treasure hunting levels.

You should know this stuff by now Felix, Core gameplay can't be changed/removed. but from what we learned with action replay hacking that we can put other characters in other levels. so we can make them all Sonic/Shadow based levels. though there be no point with treasure hunting levls you'd still be treasure hunting because thats the goal of those stages, just with Sonic or shadow.

Edited by goku262002

You should know this stuff by now Felix, Core gameplay can't be changed/removed. but from what we learned with action replay hacking that we can put other characters in other levels. so we can make them all Sonic/Shadow based levels. though there be no point with treasure hunting levls you'd still be treasure hunting because thats the goal of those stages, just with Sonic or shadow.

Well, people could hack mechless Tails (and Eggman lol) in because they were that way in the chao garden, and design the levels around them. As for Knux and Rouge, someone could design a get-to-the-goal stage and place all 3 M.E. shards at the end. Just got to think of workarounds.

This is, if they are able to crack importing custom models.

If sonic adventure 2 would come to ps vita.....i would play it on the GO!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Online would be nice.

Does anyone know if they are bringing back dreamcast version or gamecube version?