Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Gamecube. But gamecube was just a bugfixed Dreamcast version, there wasn't that big of a change compared to SA1 -> SADX.

Gamecube. But gamecube was just a bugfixed Dreamcast version, there wasn't that big of a change compared to SA1 -> SADX.

WOAH BRO

You forgot about making the multiplayer characters not reskins and getting rid of that retarded supercool cat!

Um...I'm pretty sure Gamecube version made Multiplayer A LOT more fun. More levels + more characters = more fun, I don't know about story mode if any thing changed in Gamecube version but yea I would like Gamecube version

Edited by jordine

Um...I'm pretty sure Gamecube version made Multiplayer A LOT more fun. More levels + more characters = more fun, I don't know about story mode if any thing changed in Gamecube version but yea I would like Gamecube version

We know it is the gamecube version because the screenshots include a widescreen image of Chao Karate, which was not on the Dreamcast version of SA2. I bet we will get the DC version, and have to buy the GCN version as a dlc like in the sa1 port. I hope not, though, since the changes were far less than sa1-sadx's

I wish both Sonic Adventure games would come to iOS. I'm fairly confident the latest iPhones and iPads are capable of running the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the announcement of JSR on iOS, I'll bet we'll see NiGHTS and SA2 on iOS as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

WOAH BRO

You forgot about making the multiplayer characters not reskins and getting rid of that retarded supercool cat!

No I didn't I was just menctioning the single player aspect. and Big isn't gone from the GC version.

I wish both Sonic Adventure games would come to iOS. I'm fairly confident the latest iPhones and iPads are capable of running the game.

More importantly, why haven't they given us S3&K on iOS yet? After all, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 have been on there (so is Sonic Spinball...) for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

More importantly, why haven't they given us S3&K on iOS yet? After all, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 have been on there (so is Sonic Spinball...) for a long time.

Why is S3&K not on PSN? Pure outrage!

I am just glad SA2 is coming to PC as well as the main consoles. Only two months until release, fingers crossed.

• Thumbs Up 1

S&ASR: Transformed and Sonic Adventure 2 Playable at PAX Prime 2012

http://www.sonicstad...pax-prime-2012/

Look forward to seeing some gameplay footage and reading people's impressions.

The SA2 haters will have a field day. The SA2 fans will have a field day. It will be a lively day. Not as lively as October 3rd(?), but yeah!

Really can't wait for this release. Sounds like it'll be alot more complex than a simple port from the details I've heard. Looking forward to it.

By SEGA standards it'll be a good port, but by video game standards it's nothing flashy. Kinda how I feel about the game itself, too.

By SEGA standards it'll be a good port, but by video game standards it's nothing flashy.

what is an example of a good port by videogame standards? I don't usually buy ports, just Sonic ones. Just curious

Online multiplayer, cleaned up textures, remastered sound, improved lighting, and bugfixes would be a good start. Using the assets already in the game to play as characters in other levels (like with Action Replay) would also be cool, but I wouldn't say most ports would go that far. Online multiplayer is also a situational thing - the HD port of Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, for example, has this, but it was also a feature available in the original game. Some of the newer ports like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, the Ratchet and Clank games, and the Jack and Daxter games have support for 3D TVs.

So far this game looks and plays exactly like it would in a GameCube emulator. This port looks like they just slapped the GameCube version on and changed the resolution, but I'd love for SEGA to prove me wrong. GameCube emulators can play the game in 3D, too if you have a 3D screen. I'm not expecting that from this port.

One thing I am expecting, however, is higher-quality music. The original versions of Sonic Adventure 2 had the lyrics censored, but this version doesn't, so at the very least it seems they're using the original masters to create higher-quality music. Maybe it'll even be remastered. This is the one glimmer of hope I have for this port.

• Thumbs Up 3

What I mainly want to see from Sonic Adventure 2 at PAX is if the chao breeding system is like SA2B for Gamecube or like SADX for Xbox. Other things, too, but mainly that.

What I mainly want to see from Sonic Adventure 2 at PAX is if the chao breeding system is like SA2B for Gamecube or like SADX for Xbox. Other things, too, but mainly that.

I expect a 1 level demo of City Escape really but a Chao Garden ? Lolno it's a demo it won't be a full game on show but it's nice that we will see some footage of the port smile.png

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

I expect a 1 level demo of City Escape really but a Chao Garden ? Lolno it's a demo it won't be a full game on show but it's nice that we will see some footage of the port smile.png

That doesn't mean questions couldn't be asked about it. I wasn't really expecting more than that. But yes, very much looking forward to the footage we get.

Edited by Sonaos

I just wonder if they will show us whether or not it will possible to transfer chao between the two ports. I am mainly curious, I don't play with chao much at all, but I will like to take the Black, Silver, and Gold chao that you got from Station Square, Mystic Ruins, and the Egg Carrier and move them into SA2

Edited by Mr.Snarf

what is an example of a good port by videogame standards? I don't usually buy ports, just Sonic ones. Just curious

Example:

Same game as years ago but completely remasterted, new graphics and sound effects, and tons more extras then its original. this is a true port that has care put into it.

What we get is just copy/paste ports.

Here's another example:

This is a ten dollar port of an N64 game. It adds everything I mentioned in my last post (except additional characters and 3D support - additional characters are a situational thing and 360 games just weren't 3D-capable yet), and so much more. And like I said, it's just ten dollars.

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, I did buy the Star Fox 64 3DS port. I never played the original, so would that be considered a good one?

Edited by Mr.Snarf

The music is all re-orchestrated, the graphics are all redone similarily to that Perfect Dark video I showed you, and I believe they added some multiplayer features. It's a good port.