Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I wish both Sonic Adventure games would come to iOS. I'm fairly confident the latest iPhones and iPads are capable of running the game.

They probably are but I doubt it sill be full not downscaled and cut version. Maybe on Tegra 3 for Android but not for iOS. It's CPU and GPU are too weak.

Even the lowly PSP could have been made to run Dreamcast titles with some (sometimes almost imperceptible) downgrading of assets. Modern smart phones were far and away powerful enough to play 6th Generation console games half a decade ago, to say nothing about now.

Edited by Gilda

You sure? I mean, iOS is able to play GTA III. Both were from 6th gen consoles

Still iOS is not able to run full version of Sonic 4 ep 2 without graphics downscaling. Also Dreamcast emulator for Android will only run on Tegra 3 and Mali-400T chipsets.Also@GildaNo PSP barely run Dreamcast intro and only known case was when someone ran Shemune but still without textures

I thought CE aniversery was a remake.

No its still the same game overall from the 2001 version just with 2 graphics engines running side by side of the physics engine.

Also@GildaNo PSP barely run Dreamcast intro and only known case was when someone ran Shemune but still without textures

I own ports of Dreamcast games released on the PSP. The Crazy Taxi port on the PSP is better than any of the other ports up (depending on if you consider the XBox version to be a port or an outright remake) until the PSN/XBLA release last year.

The Dreamcast was built largely around on 1997-era technology. Powerful 1997-era technology, to be sure, but unless Sega finds some dumb reason to emulate Dreamcast games rather than port them, there is no technical reason that Dreamcast games couldn't flood modern mobile devices if Sega wanted them to when handheld hardware from 2005 could do the same.

Edited by Gilda

Dude. I own ports of Dreamcast games released on the PSP. The Crazy Taxi port on the PSP is better than any of the other ports up until the PSN/XBLA release last year.

The Dreamcast was built largely around on 1997-era technology. Powerful 1997-era technology, to be sure, but unless Sega finds some dumb reason to emulate Dreamcast games rather than port them, there is no technical reason that Dreamcast games couldn't flood modern mobile devices if Sega wanted them to.

Perhaps SEGA will do this (port to mobile devices) and it will take time. Not every version of Sonic 4 Ep2 was released at the same time.

SEGA will surely want to cash in with the biggest possible audience, so I would be suprised if the SA2 HD is just limited to Steam, PSN and XBLA.

For those of you that are wondering, they're not redoing the voices. I asked Mike Pollock (The voice of Dr. Eggman) and he has not heard a thing.

So it looks like we'll be stuck with the same low quality voices, sadly.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's the one part of this being a lazy port that I actually like. I probably wouldn't replay this without ol' Drummond doing Sonic's voice.

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do hope this comes to PS Vita myself now due to getting a Vita recently, so a portable version and a PC version will be great and I can see it happening too since JSR is coming out on the Vita too so I think a Vita port is likely maybe.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm just not sure about wanting SA2 on the Vita without SA1... I'd buy SA2 on the Vita on Day one, because I have always wanted to play my favorite 3D sonic game on the go, but having a sequel on a system and not it's prequel is just odd IMO. That's why I'd rather see a compilation of the two on the VITA, heck, maybe put Heroes in too.

Edited by Mr.Snarf
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm just not sure about wanting SA2 on the Vita without SA1... I'd buy SA2 on the Vita on Day one, because I have always wanted to play my favorite 3D sonic game on the go, but having a sequel on a system and not it's prequel is just odd IMO. That's why I'd rather see a compilation of the two on the VITA, heck, maybe put Heroes in too.

Um....What?

Um....What?

I've seen some people call it SA3, and it is part of the dreamcast era according to Generations. I wouldn't lose sleep if they didnt include it though

But they could AT LEAST fix the dialogue sync. SA2 is even worse than SA1...

Not to mention the volume issues. I could barely hear some of the voice actors with the music blasting.

Um....What?

Why not? Heroes isn't that bad and all Sonic games need to be released/re-released on PC and some modern game system, crap or not.

I've seen some people call it SA3,

Interesting bit of trivia that not many people know about, Sonic Heroes was actually going to be Sonic Adventure 3, but they changed the name to Sonic heroes in a bid to attract a new crowd to the game/genre instead of people just saying 'oh it's Sonic Adventure.'

I believe that EVERY title that was main series canon started off as SA3 at some point. SHTH had that title for a bit so did STH2006 as did SU.

Maybe its a in-developer joke like how they use black eyes for modern sonic during developement.

Maybe its a in-developer joke like how they use black eyes for modern sonic during developement.

Seriously? I've never heard of this. I've also never heard of Heroes being referred to as SA3 (in development that is).

Oh, and ditto on them fixing the lip syncs.

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

Seriously? I've never heard of this. I've also never heard of Heroes being referred to as SA3 (in development that is).

Oh, and ditto on them fixing the lip syncs.

Don't know if they do it anymore, but when a set of screenshots would be released by SEGA around the SHTH-STH2006 era 1 of them would have Sonic with a black set of eyes. Always figured it was some joke by Sonic Team saying "hurrrrrrrrr optional black eyes in the next game durrrrrrrrr"

There is/used to be an article quoting this online actually, there used to be a link to it from the Sonic Heroes wikipedia page, I think it was either 1UP or Eurogamer that had the article and the quote in question though.

No idea where that article is now or if the page in question still exists but it's definately out there somewhere.

Interesting bit of trivia that not many people know about, Sonic Heroes was actually going to be Sonic Adventure 3, but they changed the name to Sonic heroes in a bid to attract a new crowd to the game/genre instead of people just saying 'oh it's Sonic Adventure.'

I thought that Sonic Unleashed was supposed to be SA3, hence the Japanese version of the game being called Sonic World Adventure.

Edited by KrazyBean

I thought that Sonic Unleashed was supposed to be SA3, hence the Japanese version of the game being called Sonic World Adventure.

Yeah it was, but so was Sonic Heroes. Only difference is that with the internet being still a small thing back when heroes came out, it wasn't as well publicised compared to Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic Rush Adventure.