Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Sonic Rush Adventure.

Unleashed actually started out being called SA3 internally, but they changed it because it for whatever reason.

Unleashed actually started out being called SA3 internally, but they changed it because it for whatever reason.

As far as I can remember, as said by someone from Sonic Team, it was far too different from the Adventure arc, which probably was the same reason why Heroes had name in change. Heroes was also because be cheesy and call them selves Sonic Heroes they wanted to distinguish the fact that this was not on the Dreamcast anymore...

As have many other games in the series. If you want to believe it's Sonic Adventure 3, then call it Sonic Adventure 3.5.

As have many other games in the series. If you want to believe it's Sonic Adventure 3, then call it Sonic Adventure 3.5.

To be honest, it makes no difference to me. Just pointing it out.

Well this thread died rather suddenly...

I can't decide if I like the time freezing gimmick from Cannon's Core or not

Edited by Mr.Snarf

There's nothing new to really talk about. With that said, PAX cannot come soon enough! Wanna see how they're doing with the game. D: Hopefully Sega maps the bouncing and the light speed dash on different buttons. There is nothing pure or original about that experience, it's just annoying.

I kinda liked the time gimmick though it makes the level feel kinda bland if you're fast enough to keep time stopped the entire time. If your timing is off, you'll have to wait until time starts back up again which is annoying for the timed challenge. Makes for an interesting level and I wish they could've done more with it.

Hopefully Sega maps the bouncing and the light speed dash on different buttons.

THIS!

I can't tell you how many times I try to lightdash over a bottomless pit and I end up bouncing to the bottom. FFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

THIS!

I can't tell you how many times I try to lightdash over a bottomless pit and I end up bouncing to the bottom. FFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

That would require the kind of effort I doubt SEGA would use.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does anyone know what new things Sega has put in this version?

This article from Retro sums up what we do know/speculate at this point: http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/06/sonic-adventure-2-coming-to-xbla-and-psn-and-probably-steam/

1. Widescreen support
  2. Released on XBLA, PSN and PC/Steam
  3. Online leaderboards
  4. Some kind of dlc (?)
  5. New life icons

I'd love to go to Pax but I unfortunately live so far away from Washington and it begins at the end of my first week of back to school. :P As much as I hate G4, they prolly will have some kind of coverage.

^ How would we know? We haven't got any footage of any sorts. We do know the life icon is different and some textures are updated.

^ How would we know? We haven't got any footage of any sorts. We do know the life icon is different and some textures are updated.

• 2 weeks later...

So any new information, previews, impressions on this game yet? I'm really curious how the gaming media feel towards this game in this day and age.

Going to PAX to record SA2 footage? Great.

Before you leave, make sure to read "" so your shakecam footage can be the best it can be. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

A1l8kafCQAEctsq.jpg

Not got any video yet but I'm working on it... well... trying to find some when somebody uploads it.

• Thumbs Up 9

I am totally of those people who got to go to PAX especially since those who play SA2 will have a chance to win that custom SA2 Astro A40 headset sad.png

So nobody has uploaded any footage at all?

EDIT: This is the only info I could find and it's nothing new. >:

Edited by XD375